Be afraid

LeazesMag

in the last 14 league games.

We have won 1.

We have scored 6 goals.

We have failed to score in 9 games.

Looks like the "northeast league" invented by the mackems when they are above us, may be a close run thing this year.

Not that i give a toss about the other NE teams like, but its lookign bad for the region this yera in the prem.

The smogs are never as good as they think they are and could miss out on qualifying for europe this year. We're a mess being destroyed by the idiot in charge and the mackems are plain and simply crap.

The most worrying statistic I've heard, is that in the last 37 games Souness has been in charge of, we've only picked up 40 points.

That = relegation form.

21999[/snapback]

Don't forget the other stat that under Souness we have NEVER come backf rom behind in the prem to win a game. Yet according to him he sorted out the team spirit and morale and dumped the trouble makers and cancers from the club.

Well Graeme i think you'll find the best example of team spirit is shown in adversity and thats when SBR team used to show its strength, comig back time and again from behind, you know with players like Robert, Bellamy and the like.

Its incredibly depressing to be a toon fan knowing that if the other team takes the lead we will not win that game.

*casts memory back to Arsenal game and Leeds game*

22016[/snapback]

As I've said on another board the squad in general are simply not fit enough - thats disregarding the poor decision/last throw of the dice in playing Emre and Dyer v Man U.

We never make up a deficit as has been said and after an hour of a game we look like headless chickens chasing the ball around. Arsenal, WHU and Maan U we have fell apart in the final 3rd of a game

We should get a fitness coach in from Rugby League. The guys who play that sport have got to be one of the fittest sportsmen around, constantly moving for 40 minutes at a time with a 10 minute break inbetween.

Palace employed the former Wakefield head coach, to do fitness training with the side in training and half an hour before the match. It can certainly do no harm to anyone.

We should get a fitness coach in from Rugby League. The guys who play that sport have got to be one of the fittest sportsmen around, constantly moving for 40 minutes at a time with a 10 minute break inbetween.

Palace employed the former Wakefield head coach, to do fitness training with the side in training and half an hour before the match. It can certainly do no harm to anyone.

22101[/snapback]

i remember seeing him put one of the reports on Sky through his pre-season training regime, he was nackered, was quality

The most worrying statistic I've heard, is that in the last 37 games Souness has been in charge of, we've only picked up 40 points.

That = relegation form.

21999[/snapback]

Don't forget the other stat that under Souness we have NEVER come backf rom behind in the prem to win a game. Yet according to him he sorted out the team spirit and morale and dumped the trouble makers and cancers from the club.

Well Graeme i think you'll find the best example of team spirit is shown in adversity and thats when SBR team used to show its strength, comig back time and again from behind, you know with players like Robert, Bellamy and the like.

Its incredibly depressing to be a toon fan knowing that if the other team takes the lead we will not win that game.

22008[/snapback]

That is an amazing statistic for a manager who has been in the job for a year now.

Come on you Souness supporters, explain to us how this can be possible with a man who has restored spirit and morale back into the team.....

Or of course you can:

a) Ignore post

b ) Blame it on Robson

c) Blame it on Shepherd

d) He hasn't had long enough yet

e) None of the above, insert excuse here: _______________________________

We only won 4 out of Sir Bobby Robson's last 20 League matches in charge, so this rot has been going on WAY before Souness even took over.

22122[/snapback]

Option b then - truly pathetic. :D

So what? I wanted Robson out long before he was eventually sacked in such an awful undignified manner. The point is his successor has been completely unable to reverse the decline - in fact he has hastened it - as well you know.

The facts will tell you though that Robson finished 5th in his last year, whereas Souness finished 14th, and in the process broke every negative record we had whilst in the premiership. And its getting worse, with the worst EVER start for Newcastle United.

Go on, keep defending the undefendable. What a fucking joke. :D

I never read your post Renton.

I read the first line referring to how we've only won 1 out of 14, and mearly stated it was just as bad in Robson's last 20 matches.

Where's the problem?

22130[/snapback]

Oh Ok, sorry. :D

The problem is, it's relegation form, no matter who the manager is. Also, it's indisputable that so far in his reign, Souness is the worst manager we've had since being promoted, at least if you believe in those little unimportant things like results.

I agree we were under decline under Robson, but I am certain that if we still had him we would not be as bad as we are now.