Wigan (A)

Matty

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"very soft penalty" the commentator was saying... seemed like a trip. Maybe not intentional but still a pen.

Coming from you it sounds rather strange. Le Sib went down by the slightest of contacts.I don't think it was a trip and if there was an unintentional one, it wasn't a penalty as it was a foul.

I'm judging this from a couple of 2 second replays off the stream :rolleyes: it is by no means final. And judging by what other people are saying, I'm thinking I'm not going to like what I see on MOTD tonight.

Duff again in fucking acres of space and we dont find him!

The scoreline is typical Newcastle, have plenty of opportunities to score but dont then the opposition score a good goal. Wigan go into defensive mode and we wont be able to score again for the rest of the game. The two previous encounters of late have all ended up 1-0...

1-0 at H/T and we had some decent chances to hit the lead including the penalty but havent taken them. We seem to be hitting a range of long balls to Martins or Le Sib and creating chances using Martins pace to get in behind the defence. When we start passing the ball around for some reason they have the blinkers on and cant see the little blonde haired Irishman on the left hand wing as he is in acres of space!

Im worried it will stay at 1-0 after we go to sleep in the second half...

1-0 at H/T and we had some decent chances to hit the lead including the penalty but havent taken them. We seem to be hitting a range of long balls to Martins or Le Sib and creating chances using Martins pace to get in behind the defence. When we start passing the ball around for some reason they have the blinkers on and cant see the little blonde haired Irishman on the left hand wing as he is in acres of space!

Im worried it will stay at 1-0 after we go to sleep in the second half...

..our attacking play is too bitty..

A taller goalkeeper would have saved that easily.

Given's deficencies massively shown up. Everyone could see what Taylor was going to do.

Props to Jimbo and Jonny for the links, although my gratitude is waning by the second.

Edited by Sima

A taller goalkeeper would have saved that easily.

Given's deficencies massively shown up. Everyone could see what Taylor was going to do.

Props to Jimbo and Jonny for the links, although my gratitude is waning by the second.

Agree it was a pretty much telegraphed goal.