Wigan (A)

Matty

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call from Roeder like

I rather had put the Zog in the middle or put on for Sibierski. Milner should have started anyway with Solano playing at right back. I really can't understand Roeder why he is insisting on playing natural centre halves on the full back positions when he has someone who really did play well there.

I'm getting fucking sick of it as well. Nobby has shown he's comfortably our best RB and helps out the other younger defenders so continually dropping him or moving him from there is moronic. And Millner, whilst still needing to sort out his final ball has done a respectable job wide right so there was no need to play Nobby there when he's needed at RB.

It's all about accommodating the wrong players in the wrong positions. It's ridiculous.

In any sport one of the most basic things that leads to success is the simple playing of the best players in their correct/favoured position unless you have no other choice. Our best back four includes Nobby at RB now, everyone bar Roeder can see that as clear as day.

The most worrying thought is that as soon as Carr is fit (and by fit i of course don't actually mean fit!) Roeder will have him straight back in at RB as he has every single time he's returned from injury despite him being utter shite!

^ totally. It is extremely annoying and frustrating to have to watch it every single week. This is just a repeat of the Fulham (A) game.

It is worrying. Everytime we win a home game, or get a result in europe etc. Roeder has an away match against poor opposition that is definitely winnable and he makes basic errors in team selection and we see a poor performance and defeat when we should easilly have picked up 3 points.

I rather had put the Zog in the middle or put on for Sibierski. Milner should have started anyway with Solano playing at right back. I really can't understand Roeder why he is insisting on playing natural centre halves on the full back positions when he has someone who really did play well there.

I'm getting fucking sick of it as well. Nobby has shown he's comfortably our best RB and helps out the other younger defenders so continually dropping him or moving him from there is moronic. And Millner, whilst still needing to sort out his final ball has done a respectable job wide right so there was no need to play Nobby there when he's needed at RB.

It's all about accommodating the wrong players in the wrong positions. It's ridiculous.

In any sport one of the most basic things that leads to success is the simple playing of the best players in their correct/favoured position unless you have no other choice. Our best back four includes Nobby at RB now, everyone bar Roeder can see that as clear as day.

The most worrying thought is that as soon as Carr is fit (and by fit i of course don't actually mean fit!) Roeder will have him straight back in at RB as he has every single time he's returned from injury despite him being utter shite!

^ totally. It is extremely annoying and frustrating to have to watch it every single week. This is just a repeat of the Fulham (A) game.

It is worrying. Everytime we win a home game, or get a result in europe etc. Roeder has an away match against poor opposition that is definitely winnable and he makes basic errors in team selection and we see a poor performance and defeat when we should easilly have picked up 3 points.

Whatever the rose-tinted spec-brigade is saying, but my major concern is still, that Roeder is absolutely unable to give the team any shape and style. We look distinctly ordinary and the poor team selection doesn't help at all. The first half was ok, but after the missed (ultra-soft) penalty it was utter garbage.

Whatever the rose-tinted spec-brigade is saying, but my major concern is still, that Roeder is absolutely unable to give the team any shape and style. We look distinctly ordinary and the poor team selection doesn't help at all. The first half was ok, but after the missed (ultra-soft) penalty it was utter garbage.

Roeder just isn't good enough and never will be. I don't think you should ever start with 2 def mf against opp like Wigan.

we're the perfect team to play if you're wigan. want to end a winless streak? get the mags in town.

i'm predicting a fulham-esque no-show. 2-0 home win

I believe this to be true. :rolleyes:

[/Leazes]

Wigan had won 3 in 16 Premiership games before today. Rubbish.

To be a Newcastle supporter you have to realise that when;

You're at rock-bottom and can't go any lower.............Newcastle will find a way!

When things just can't get any worse.........................Newcastle will find a way!

Another miserable display,

Three points thrown away.

<_<:rolleyes::razz::razz:

What a fucking surprise :rolleyes:

Did anyone in their heart of hearts really expect anything else today??

Wigan.

Does anyone really think Rodders is the man to take us where we want to be?

Wigan. Yes, they should give us a game, but we should be beating them. Yes, they can beat us, as nothing is guaranteed, but we should be able to overpower them 99% of the time but I, for one, always suspect that a game against them is just going to be an equal match, as opposed to us being too much for them.

Wigan. FFS!

It's pathetic that we keep losing games like that, it was to be expected though. The fact that fucking Spurs beat Bolton makes it even worse.

Bolton's defenders were struggling to combat the movement of Keane and Berbatov and some of Spurs's football was irresistible.

:razz::rolleyes:

Look at the form table - we're not exactly that shite.

We only really lose when Roeder messes about with the team. When it's all forced upon him, and he has no other options, we tend to win.

Says a lot about the manager IMO

Fair enough we win games, but we never put out a convincing performance.

Lucky against Villa, Spurs and Liverpool. We were shite against the Belgians.

We only really lose when Roeder messes about with the team. When it's all forced upon him, and he has no other options, we tend to win.

At the end of the day, it's purely about winning. I don't care what these people say about rather see us play win and draw/lose, that's utter bollocks.

We're nowhere near as good as when we were when we were in the top 3, but I think with the right manager, these players could easily get us top 6 (when fit). Should be beating Wigan easily. The fault lies with the manager for the incredible decisions he's made this season.

At the end of the day, it's purely about winning. I don't care what these people say about rather see us play win and draw/lose, that's utter bollocks.

We're nowhere near as good as when we were when we were in the top 3, but I think with the right manager, these players could easily get us top 6 (when fit). Should be beating Wigan easily. The fault lies with the manager for the incredible decisions he's made this season.

I agree, we are a team of individuals. We've stagnated since Graveson snapped Bernard in 2003? Obviously that isn't the reason, but from that game onwards we have been fucking shite.

Correct! Theres a myth amongst some toon fans that every result we get is luck and that every other team seemingly deserve every one of their points. All teams win games when they've played shite, and lose games when they've played well, its the way football is. You take your chances and they don't, you deserve the win.

And the players we have under a better manager are top 6 material as you say, not top 3-4 maybe but certainly looking at 4th and likely finishing 5th/6th.

And its worrying that the more players Roeder has available, the worse his selctions seem to be!