Sacking Souness is not the answer

jonnyhall

Brilliant post, summed up why I think I was justifyed to write the "Jesus wept" response.

Thing is Calimag, we are still in the minority; Souness has an inexplicable support base in the North East.

I referred to Robinson's article earlier in this thread - that so-called journalist said that supporters of Souness were not "perceptive". BOLLOCKS. All of this was predictable. The people who are unperceptive are the idiots that keep supporting this abomination of a football manager  :D

And then when he does go, they will change their tune and say they never supported him. But I know who you are!

22195[/snapback]

Thanks Renton.

I am not sure about this supposed support that Souness has. I live in California but I was in Newcastle visiting family until last week and watched the Arse game in Newcastle (Gosforth) and the WHam game at the Leazes End. Maybe it is just my family and friends, but everyone I spoke to - even random strangers in pubs - did NOT support Souness. I admit that some of them felt helpless to the point of apathy, but none supported him to the degree I occassionally read about on here and N-O... totally bizarre. :D

Everyday I get into work and check the headlines to see if he is sacked yet. I see it as inevitable.

in no way did i say i was a fan of souness. i just think it is too late to sack him now and sacking him now would be the wrong thing to do because of the transfer window ending tomorow night and the season already started. if you want my honest opinion, i dont think graeme souness is the man to bring us the success we want, but i think he can win us something and i think that sacking him now would by the wrong time to do it. come january if things havent turned around i will be in your position calling for his head. i just think he needs until christmas just to show he can turn this mess aroundm and we need to sack him at the start of a transfer window so we can bring a new top manager guy in and give him 3 - 4 weeks bringing in who he wants

Edited by jonnyhall

Can I be first to say "Jesus wept"?

Jesus wept.

22139[/snapback]

Can i ask why?

22140[/snapback]

Are you that guy Robinson, that writes for the Sunday Sun?

The reason is that your "article" is pathetically naive, and completely misses the point that Souness has been a disaster at every club he has been with, bar Rangers.

Oh yeah, and your little pathetic dig at the fans, who personally I thought were way too generous on Sunday.

Oh, and also your utterly stupid comparisons to Robson's team 3 years ago. If you can't tell the difference between now and then mate, I pity you. :D

22146[/snapback]

there was no pathetic little dig at the fans. i just feel the "sack the board" chants are not going to help the team's morale. after all we as newcastle fans all want the best for the club. these revolts are not going to the make the situation anymore prettier than it already is

oh and in case you missed it, we aren't Galatasary, Liverpool or Blackburn, we are Newcastle. What he did in the past doesnt always reflect what he does in the future

22150[/snapback]

The bit in bold - probably the most idiotic thing I have heard anybody say, ever. I really hope you are not, and never become, a person that employs people for a job at any company.

Also, I take it you did not go to the ManU match? There was no "sack the boarsd chants", just rounds of applause by people like you that accept mediocrity - or worse. There was a small demonstration after the West Ham game I believe (I wasn't there) - they are the real fans in my opinion - not people like you who write ridiculous "happy" articles.

Your head is either in the sand or up your own arse, or both. People like you are going to get us relegated!

22164[/snapback]

there has been talk of such chanting and it has also been discussed on the internet but i was wrong by what i said about the chanting should stop since it hasnt even begun.

i dont accept mediocrity, i like all fans what newcastle to be the best and i think you have no right to say who is and isnt a real fan. of course i am a real fan or i wouldnt have bothered with signing up to this board or writing that article or making my own website. i would have just said of piss it, i dont care what happens to the team anyway . I just like to keep optismistic. it isnt idiotic, i'm not up my own arse and i in no way want the club to get relegated. no fan does. it isnt a ridiculas article it is my opinion. i dont call your opinion idiotic. i hope i do become a manager of a company so i can not hire people like you who cant except that other people have opinions too and they may not always be the same as yours but that is no reason to insult me and my abilities

22170[/snapback]

A real fan who doesn't care what happens to the club.

Congratulations on beating the award for the stupidest post on the board, which I thought I'd just witnessed about 5 minutes ago.

22176[/snapback]

if you read the full line i actually say that if i wasnt a real fan i wouldnt have written the article and i wouldnt care what happens to the team but i did and i do

Split Enz released a song in the mid-80s that is very apt for all toon supporters at the moment.

22250[/snapback]

Six months in a leaky boat?

22268[/snapback]

Close.

And it's not "I see red!"

He has 6 games to turn it around, simple as that. If after 10 games played we're looking at 5 or 6 wins, then I think he deserves to at least see it through until May.

If we lose any one of our next 5 games however, he'll be out. Simple as that, and he can have no complaints.

22165[/snapback]

It used to be the case that managers got until the end of Sept, or October time before they were sacked. A new boss came in, and he could take a fresh look at things, and make one or two quick buys to freshen things up, give people a boost, and quite often the new buys were just what was needed as he addressed the reason the ex boss was binned. The transfer window has changed all that, you now can't do that until half way through the season.

I agree with you mate regarding losing the next few games, he will have to go, but it's another reason why those who are saying give him more time are wrong, you can't give them time, you only have until the end of August, or the new man has his hands tied.

His time was up months ago, it was obvious he is a management pygmy, he has been for years.

Also agree with Cali Mag and Renton, as usual.

Edited by LeazesMag