Sunday Nights

Tooj

I really should get off. <_<

Will you please go to bed instead of lurking around with a sulky face on you! :unsure:

<_<

Is that Liam in a bin-liner jacket in your ava?

First of all it's Ian Brown and oooooo you fucking cow!

Oops, sorry :blush: Thought it was a Gallagh'oh..

No it's definitely Ian Brown.

There's nothing like a few pints on a Sunday night, costs next to nothing and extends the weekend by another night. And best of all I've rarely had to experience a Monday morning at work, oh the joys of being a student.

I've got the next three days off - the next two sat a home doing nowt and then on Wednesday I'm taking Charlotte into London to see 'The Sound of Music' :unsure:

I would rather work ten 18 hour shifts in a row, with each shift being either all paediatrics or all geriatrics (you can decide my fate there), than have to sit through the fucking Sound of Music. I understand you love your daughter but man, there are limits surely.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind going to work or something? Granted it an all Aussie department and I'm grossly overpaid but still, it's not all bad surely.

I've got the next three days off - the next two sat a home doing nowt and then on Wednesday I'm taking Charlotte into London to see 'The Sound of Music' :unsure:

I would rather work ten 18 hour shifts in a row, with each shift being either all paediatrics or all geriatrics (you can decide my fate there), than have to sit through the fucking Sound of Music. I understand you love your daughter but man, there are limits surely.

Am I the only one that doesn't mind going to work or something? Granted it an all Aussie department and I'm grossly overpaid but still, it's not all bad surely.

Nope, it's not all bad. Wouldn't mind them grossly overpaying me like.

I couldnt face going in today, so I had a sicky today, tonight now feels like Sunday, seriously thinking of jacking my job.

Sounds like you've had a pretty shitty time of late. If you're starting to stay off becuase you're dreading going in that much then you definitely need to look for something else petal.

I've got the next three days off - the next two sat a home doing nowt and then on Wednesday I'm taking Charlotte into London to see 'The Sound of Music' <_<

Did someone shit in your cornflakes or something this morning? :unsure:

Uncultured bloody Aussies - next you'll be moaning it's too cold! <_<

Where you based now Mr Halliwell?

I've got the next three days off - the next two sat a home doing nowt and then on Wednesday I'm taking Charlotte into London to see 'The Sound of Music' <_<

Did someone shit in your cornflakes or something this morning? :unsure:

Uncultured bloody Aussies - next you'll be moaning it's too cold! <_<

Where you based now Mr Halliwell?

Just over the other side of London from me. Far too close for comfort. :blush:

Oh lordy....

He's not working in one of the hospitals our lot are doing up......is he? :unsure:

(i knew it was london because i almost met up with you guys for a beer just before christmas)

Oh lordy....

He's not working in one of the hospitals our lot are doing up......is he? :unsure:

(i knew it was london because i almost met up with you guys for a beer just before christmas)

I know he used to have to commute to somewhere on the wrong/right side of the river (depending on your perspective <_<) but now he's got something closer to home (i.e. Harrow)... possibly near Paddington?

I shall now give up my title of unofficial biographer and wait for him to come back and reply to this himself. <_<

Which London hospitals are your lot doing up and I'll let you know if it's one of them! <_<

I'm living in Harrow and working in a central London hospital at the moment. At least for the next three or so weeks anyway cos I'm off to Australia in March for a month. After that I could be anywhere, maybe even Basingstoke...

I know he used to have to commute to somewhere on the wrong/right side of the river (depending on your perspective :unsure:) but now he's got something closer to home (i.e. Harrow)... possibly near Paddington?

I shall now give up my title of unofficial biographer and wait for him to come back and reply to this himself. <_<

I'm very impressed with your biographer skills sir and I would like to hire you on a full-time basis. What do you say? You get to chronicle my life meaning you get complete access to everything that is Steve. If you don't want the job I'm sure Jonny will take it but I much prefer you. :swoon:

But yeah, I quit the job at King's College cos it sucked and it was too far away and I took the job more central.

Just in from a double shift, worked yesterday as well, next three days off.

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya. They're trying to work us into the ground :unsure:

Thing is the DNS actually had the balls to ask me to stay on until 3am... 20 hours... unreal as well as illegal. I don't mind working Steve, actually love my job, but the short staffing is unreal. Well that and the GP's who don't give a damn that their patient is hemorrhaging from the eyes and oozing clots as well.

GPs don't give a damn though, they become GPs because they want to do the lazy side of medicine. They sit on their arse, tell everyone there's nothing wrong with them, and if the patient comes back two weeks later in a worse state they refer them onto someone else because it's just too much hard work to pay any attention to them at all.

Either that or they have a go at their patient because he has the audacity to speak ENGLISH in fucking ENGLAND and refuse to prescribe any medication that he might need regardless of how important it is requiring said patient to have to go through the bullshit NHS registration at a new clinic by seeing the nurse before a doc will even acknowledge he exists and.... :stevepassesout:

GPs don't give a damn though, they become GPs because they want to do the lazy side of medicine. They sit on their arse, tell everyone there's nothing wrong with them, and if the patient comes back two weeks later in a worse state they refer them onto someone else because it's just too much hard work to pay any attention to them at all.

Either that or they have a go at their patient because he has the audacity to speak ENGLISH in fucking ENGLAND and refuse to prescribe any medication that he might need regardless of how important it is requiring said patient to have to go through the bullshit NHS registration at a new clinic by seeing the nurse before a doc will even acknowledge he exists and.... :stevepassesout:

And now repeat after me...

breathe.....

nice deep breath in...... and exhale....

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya. They're trying to work us into the ground <_<

Thing is the DNS actually had the balls to ask me to stay on until 3am... 20 hours... unreal as well as illegal. I don't mind working Steve, actually love my job, but the short staffing is unreal. Well that and the GP's who don't give a damn that their patient is hemorrhaging from the eyes and oozing clots as well.

There was a thing on the news tonight about how Blair wants to run operating theatres overnight to get the waiting lists down (as opposed to having emergency cover only which is what I'm doing here) I think he might have to get his knitting needles out and knit some more staff, cos we haven't got enough to do the normal day lists at the moment and everyone is doing ridiculous amounts of overtime due to sickness levels and general understaffing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6374093.stm

And no doubt Rob will come along and remind me of the European Working Time Directive which states that NHS staff can't do more than 48hrs per week. By the end of this shift I'll have done 82, but that's okay cos it's classed as Essential Service Cover - i.e. they can bend the rules when it suits. Suits me, cos I get overtime (normal time plus one-third :unsure: ) for anything over 37.5hrs.

Edited by catmag

:unsure:

Quoted for truth like.

I know he used to have to commute to somewhere on the wrong/right side of the river (depending on your perspective <_<) but now he's got something closer to home (i.e. Harrow)... possibly near Paddington?

I'm very impressed with your biographer skills sir and I would like to hire you on a full-time basis. What do you say? You get to chronicle my life meaning you get complete access to everything that is Steve. If you don't want the job I'm sure Jonny will take it but I much prefer you. :swoon:

I don't know, you lead me on then you leave the country... :unsure:

It's a conspiracy, I tells ya. They're trying to work us into the ground <_<

There was a thing on the news tonight about how Blair wants to run operating theatres overnight to get the waiting lists down (as opposed to having emergency cover only which is what I'm doing here) I think he might have to get his knitting needles out and knit some more staff, cos we haven't got enough to do the normal day lists at the moment and everyone is doing ridiculous amounts of overtime due to sickness levels and general understaffing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6374093.stm

And no doubt Rob will come along and remind me of the European Working Time Directive which states that NHS staff can't do more than 48hrs per week. By the end of this shift I'll have done 82, but that's okay cos it's classed as Essential Service Cover - i.e. they can bend the rules when it suits. Suits me, cos I get overtime (normal time plus one-third :unsure: ) for anything over 37.5hrs.

That's my one huge gripe...people assume the staff will come out of nowhere. It starts here without qualified nursing instructors which leads to few classes, long waiting lists to attend schools, people getting frustrated waiting and taking other jobs, and then hearing how short staffed conditions are and thanking whatever god they follow that they didn't become a nurse. Meanwhile the ones in the jobs just roll up our sleeves and get on with it. 12 and 16 hour shifts are becoming the norm which sets up mistakes and malpractice suits and christ .... it's just one big clusterfuck isn't it?

We're doing up Barts and The Royal London....

Steve man, whatever you do, do not come and work with the fucking wasters at Basingstoke. They're the most bone idle fuckwits I've ever come across - both my kids have been in there with pneumonia and you can actually watch the nurses umming and erring because they don't know what to do - it's scary.

Doesn't help that they sign half the hospital off for a sit-com production either (which personally I think is a total disgrace!)