NASCAR Daytona 500

Super_Steve_Howey

1. After 8 laps the time between first and last man is the same as between 1st and 2nd in F1

2. Teams are actually allowed to cooperate to screw other teams over

3. Getting commentators to repeat ad slogans is gay

4. Montoya sounds more Colombian now he's in the US

5. The winning car gets put on display at the track for the year

6. The guy in front appreciates you rubbing his rear end

7. Tight & Loose = Oversteer & Understeer

8. The yellow line is your friend

9. I must see this race live before I die (been to LeMans, F1 and BTCC before)

It's boring as fuck?

You're not watching it right. You're obviouly meant to watch it in the background while searching the net for por.. interesting news articles <_<

I've asked this before, wtf is .../\......\o/... ?

I stuck it on for 20 minutes by request of a mate who likes it, it was just a slight bit dullish.

And it's a man about to be eaten by a shark.....obviously :unsure:

TURN RIGHT!! TURN RIGHT! BORING CUNTS!

Na, doesn't work....

Bit more to it than that.... :unsure:

It's shite man.

The best at this would be one of the worst at F1. FACTAMUNDO!

indycar racings better if you are looking at proper racing (i.e. corners that dont just rely on banked ovals and left turns).

f1 is shite, great for technology purposes but not for much else. certainly not the racing.

if you want to watch proper racing watch moto gp. its pretty damn good.

indycar racings better if you are looking at proper racing (i.e. corners that dont just rely on banked ovals and left turns).

f1 is shite, great for technology purposes but not for much else. certainly not the racing.

The racing speed and weight of NASCAR's completely precludes racing on tracks with tight or flat corners, the cars would either roll off the track or have to slow down so much, you would need massive straights to get back to full speed (hence the rolling starts). These cars have crap acceleration and low speed handling. What they do have is fast as feck engines (220mph if the new mandated restrictor plates are removed) and unpredictable aerodynamic and handling behaviours at top speeds heavily influnced by the other cars relative positions (hence the tow/bump behaviour) and tyre condition. The result is the opportunity for drivers to practice the real art of racing, that is timing, judgement, and adaptation, at literally lethal speeds (c.f. Dale Earnhart). You could have left and right banking turns, but that would just mean half the track being obscured to spectators, for not much benefit. Add to that the fact that otherwise competing teams cooperating when it suits to screw over other teams is allowed, and technology is kept basic to allow competition, I think it's pretty exciting.

For racing skill I watch BTCC, but for high speed racing I for one am now a total convert to NASCAR from the turd that is F1. Plus, you can't beat crossing the finish line upside down in flames, try that in an Indi Car :unsure:

The racing speed and weight of NASCAR's completely precludes racing on tracks with tight or flat corners, the cars would either roll off the track or have to slow down so much, you would need massive straights to get back to full speed (hence the rolling starts). These cars have crap acceleration and low speed handling. What they do have is fast as feck engines (220mph if the new mandated restrictor plates are removed) and unpredictable aerodynamic and handling behaviours at top speeds heavily influnced by the other cars relative positions (hence the tow/bump behaviour) and tyre condition. The result is the opportunity for drivers to practice the real art of racing, that is timing, judgement, and adaptation, at literally lethal speeds (c.f. Dale Earnhart). You could have left and right banking turns, but that would just mean half the track being obscured to spectators, for not much benefit. Add to that the fact that otherwise competing teams cooperating when it suits to screw over other teams is allowed, and technology is kept basic to allow competition, I think it's pretty exciting.

For racing skill I watch BTCC, but for high speed racing I for one am now a total convert to NASCAR from the turd that is F1. Plus, you can't beat crossing the finish line upside down in flames, try that in an Indi Car <_<

Ok first of all, use some paragraphs, Nascar is hard enough to read about in the first place...

Annnnnd, I posted that at 2:49am.... do not take someone too seriously at a time when it's clear they've had a few refreshments.

Annnnnnnd, Nascar is still wank. :unsure: