Gilardino

Tooj

Actually I don't find it funny anymore.

It used to be funny when you had one or two guys who did it... but the fact that people should still think "oh you cheeky bugger" "tut tut tut, run along now and don't do it again" is insulting.

Actually I don't find it funny anymore.

It used to be funny when you had one or two guys who did it... but the fact that people should still think "oh you cheeky bugger" "tut tut tut, run along now and don't do it again" is insulting.

I can't abide diving normally but Gilardino's was so bad it was funny, there was no chance of any ref giving it, I agree it should have been a straight red though.

Diving's a nuisance in the game, he was booked though, which is fair enough. It's nowhere near as bad as some of the horrendous tackles which often go unpunished imo.

Edited by alex

Diving's a nuisance in the game, he was booked though, which is fair enough. It's nowhere near as bad as some of the horrendous tackles which often go unpunished imo.

For me it's fraud and spoiling the game. But the punishment for an horrendous tackle is a red card and it's down to the officials to get it right. If diving is noticed at all, it will only result in a booking with the player probably thinking "well, I'll get the penalty next time then". I am really for a harsh stance on it as games on the continent often become unwatchable.

For me it's fraud and spoiling the game. But the punishment for an horrendous tackle is a red card and it's down to the officials to get it right. If diving is noticed at all, it will only result in a booking with the player probably thinking "well, I'll get the penalty next time then". I am really for a harsh stance on it as games on the continent often become unwatchable.

Fair enough, I'm probably coming at it from the English perspective as it's less of a problem here.

:lol: he has some nerve to complain about the booking though.

When it's that obvious and dead on, should be straight red tbh.

Agree

I remember you disagreeing when I said the same thing about Robben once.

Glad you've seen the light though. :unsure:

:lol: he has some nerve to complain about the booking though.

When it's that obvious and dead on, should be straight red tbh.

Agree

I remember you disagreeing when I said the same thing about Robben once.

Glad you've seen the light though. :unsure:

Aye, that's different though ;)