Toon Ultras

snakehips

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not knocking anyone's motives (fans or players past present or future) and I still applaud the core objective, mate. I just think it's a bit of a 'shame' that the experience of being the massive club with resources beyond compare is automatically replicated.

I know you're not knocking it mate and I'm just saying I agree but don't think there is a lot we can do about it whilst maintaining our objectives of climbing through the pyramid system. It won't always be like this though, our gates are down this season as the novelty has worn off for some and maybe as a result of big United doing so well. I can see us consolidating at around the 2000-2500 mark which given the money we'll need for our own ground (or continue paying the £10,000 per game in rent which equates to £4/£5 per head before we start!) then we'll not hold much of an advantage as we rise through the pyramid system.

As long as nobody is ever allowed to get their fingers in the till however then of course there can be no substantive criticism. In that ideological sense (and of course the friendship ties etc) it's worthwhile building the club. It's why I put Barcelona on a pedestal in terms of the 'big' clubs tbh. Did you see the unicef shirt sponsorship this year btw? Nice touch that!

A topic under plenty of discussion at the moment mate as we are taking on more and more 'paid' employees to do what has been done voluntarily in the past! This doesn't sit well with everyone but at least it's a democratric process. I agree with the UNICEF thing as well.

Manchester is in the Midlands. That's all I know. No way is that North. :(

north west on the map marra

North of London, aye. It's not in the north of the country though. Nee Jack Palance.

Of course it's in the north of the country! The country ends with the pennines the rest of yis are just bloody jocks :)

Is it true that Liverpool is further east than newcastle? I have some vague recollection about this...

Even though Manc is west, its virtually due south of us and is therefore not 'the north'. Theres only one 'the north' tbh.

Edited by ChezGiven

Is it true that Liverpool is further east than newcastle? I have some vague recollection about this...

Even though Manc is west, its virtually due south of us and is therefore not 'the north'. Theres only one 'the north' tbh.

Don't see how that can be!

Using each cities airport as a guide.......

Newcastle is 55, 2', 15" North - 1, 41',30" West

Liverpool is 53,20',1" North - 2,50',59" West

Therefore Liverpool is west of Newcastle, I think :)

Lol at John Lennon 'airport' btw. Bindippers!

I have newcastle as 3w06 and Liverpool as 2W55.

I think i'm righ tbh.

http://worldatlas.com/aatlas/imageg.htm

Edited by ChezGiven

I think i'm righ tbh.

Think that must be a different Newcastle mate, if you look for Newcastle upon Tyne then it shows as 1,35

Therefore Liverpool is west of Newcastle, I think :(

I think i'm righ tbh.

Think that must be a different Newcastle mate, if you look for Newcastle upon Tyne then it shows as 1,35

:(:)

I just read the first page, didnt realise there was a page 2.

Its virtually the same longitude or something then....

[/utter disgrace]

Chez been looking at Newcastle under Lyme? :(

No a mysterious 3rd Newcastle, under Lyme has a seperate entry as 2W14

:)

Newcastle, Monmouth?

Newcastle Emlyn, Camarthenshire?

Little Newcastle, Haverfordwest?

I'd say the Monmouth one is most likely given* it says England and seems about right.

*No pun intended

Chez been looking at Newcastle under Lyme? :(

No a mysterious 3rd Newcastle, under Lyme has a seperate entry as 2W14

:(

Newcastle, Monmouth?

Newcastle, Emlyn, Camarthenshire?

Little Newcastle, Haverfordwest?

I'd say the Monmouth one is most likely given* it says England and seems about right.

*No pun intended

:)

I think i just completely made something up that was nearly right but not quite.

Deserve my pwning tbh.