Last 16

Super_Steve_Howey

sevilla to win it. they are the best footballing side in spain, and really have some excellent players.

werder bremen can score goals for fun, klose and diego are both hugely talented forwards.

spurs are beatable. we've done them in the league twice this year, the mugs.

I watched the AZ-Ajax match earlier which finished 1-1 with Davids getting sent off for Ajax. My major worry is that AZ play a decent wing game. With our problems at full back this could exploit our weakest positions.

I watched the AZ-Ajax match earlier which finished 1-1 with Davids getting sent off for Ajax. My major worry is that AZ play a decent wing game. With our problems at full back this could exploit our weakest positions.

We won't beat them, they have a proper manager for a start. :rolleyes:

I really hope the board see sense, take the long view as it were and lower the prices as we could really do with a bumper crowd for the crucial home leg. Playing in front of 25k will only make it easier for the opposition.

Don't reckon there's much chance of that happening unfortunately. You're right though, if they set it at £10 for adults and a fiver for kids, they could have 40k + there. It just doesn't seem to register with them though - they'd sooner take the guaranteed 25-30k at double the price.

They're lying third and in contention for a CL spot. Good side, we will be going some to get past this lot.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=ned.1&cc=5739

Edited by Parky

They had they're chance though, the early rounds and group games were never going to pull the punters in and as with the previous campaigns those who stayed away will be back when it gets 'serious'. If we get to the quarters expect a canny crowd and then a near sell out for the semis. Club won't be arsed at charging £20 again for the AZ game. It should have been £10 all the way through but hey, the club knows best/fuck all.

Ticket came yesterday and..da..da.daaaaaaaaa....it's £20 again. What a surprise.

not that bad really

Blackburn charged £15 for adults and a fiver for kids last week and had a good attendance iirc - it's about time we woke up to this sort of policy and stopped taking the piss out of the fans. I cancelled my direct debit scheme because I was sick to death of paying £20 to watch us play utter shite in the UEFA Cup (European competition or not, the standard of opposition is dire). Whilst £20 might not be that bad for this round, it's been a pisstake for every round up to this point.

Ticket came yesterday and..da..da.daaaaaaaaa....it's £20 again. What a surprise.

not that bad really

Blackburn charged £15 for adults and a fiver for kids last week and had a good attendance iirc - it's about time we woke up to this sort of policy and stopped taking the piss out of the fans. I cancelled my direct debit scheme because I was sick to death of paying £20 to watch us play utter shite in the UEFA Cup (European competition or not, the standard of opposition is dire). Whilst £20 might not be that bad for this round, it's been a pisstake for every round up to this point.

Think it was less than £15 for adults iirc.

Guest Patrokles

I'm adopting a pessimistic viewpoint from here on in to avoid yet more disappointment.

That's my life maxim: "Only the pessimist can get pleasantly surprised." :lol:

Sophie Ellis Bextor beat you to it, tbh.

how many would we need in to pay michael owens wages?

There's a chance we'd create higher turnover by reducing the price and getting more through the door. They'd at least be comparable and give a better atmosphere. In answer to your question though, at current prices it's 5,000 for a week's wage (assuming £100k per week wage). At £15 a ticket it would be 6,667.

There's a chance we'd create higher turnover by reducing the price and getting more through the door. They'd at least be comparable and give a better atmosphere. In answer to your question though, at current prices it's 5,000 for a week's wage (assuming £100k per week wage). At £15 a ticket it would be 6,667.

dont get me wrong, Im all for reducing prices, especially for UEFA cup games, 20£ is a scandal especially for any round before the quarters

dont get me wrong, Im all for reducing prices, especially for UEFA cup games, 20£ is a scandal especially for any round before the quarters

Difficult not to get you wrong when you appear to argue that the prices are reasonable. :lol:

Difficult not to get you wrong when you appear to argue that the prices are reasonable. :lol:

I'd pay it, but dont think its "reasonable"