Djibril Cisse.

Optimistic Nut

one of my best friends goes on a 5 minute rant every time Djib Cissé is mentioned going on about how rubbish and overrated he is, and shouldnt come anywhere near the french national team!

i think he's alreet though :fuk: but would still rather have Owen.

I'm going to guess Matt's mate knows a lor more about French football than most of us though. And it sounds like he might piss himself laughing at what you just said.

Cisse had been top scorer in France in his last three seasons or something I think. Also, he's only had one season here and most of that was knackered due to a broken leg so it's a bit early to write him off I reckon.

I'm going to guess Matt's mate knows a lor more about French football than most of us though.  And it sounds like he might piss himself laughing at what you just said.

24431[/snapback]

Dont knwo matt or his mate to be honest but I'm just giving an opinion on what I've seen and heard. He scored 70 goals in 111 starts for Auxerre and 11 in 34 games total (incl half sub) when he's joined a new league and broke his league 2months into his career. I'd have been gutted if we sold him to make way for Owen, but unless he has a great season it's likely that he'll be sold next year

I'm going to guess Matt's mate knows a lor more about French football than most of us though.  And it sounds like he might piss himself laughing at what you just said.

24431[/snapback]

Dont knwo matt or his mate to be honest but I'm just giving an opinion on what I've seen and heard. He scored 70 goals in 111 starts for Auxerre and 11 in 34 games total (incl half sub) when he's joined a new league and broke his league 2months into his career. I'd have been gutted if we sold him to make way for Owen, but unless he has a great season it's likely that he'll be sold next year

24444[/snapback]

As I say it's only a guess. First off I'm assuming this bloke is French as Matt lives in France, then I'm assuming he watches plenty of French football as he's a football fan. Don't get me wrong I like Cisse, plenty of skill and pace but he never quite seems in control of the ball, I think he could go either way. I thought we should have went for him if the Owen deal fell through, because I would rate Owen a lot more highly at the moment.

I wonder how our opinions might differ had you signed Owen and we'd taken Cisse.

His technique isn't that refined yes, he's still a raw striker. Dont know what you mean by the last sentence though. To be honest, when it became clear we were trying to flog him to sign Owen, I was dissapointed. I would've been gutted if we'd sold a man we paid £14m for 12 months ago to make funds availible for someone who at the same time, pissed around with us and went for £8m and isn't at the club he wanted most today, because of his own actions 12-24 months ago.