Toon set for war over Owen

Scottish Mag

Roeder's response to news we could be selling him:

"It's all news to me.

"But I certainly haven't waited all these months to write Michael Owen's name on my team-sheet to even contemplate selling him.

"Michael is a very big part of my plans for next season and I know he's been as frustrated as everyone else and can't wait to start playing for Newcastle again.

"Personally, I can't wait to see him scoring goals for us that no-one else can."

What day of the week it is is news to Roeder tbh.

See that Renton? Michael "can't wait" to play for Newcastle again! Swivel on that, moaning minny!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking about this btw, and who Shepherd's legal advisors on this sort of thing are, and I reckon he actually gets all of these ideas from watching Dream Team. I don't watch that shite, but this is just the sort of pap that that or Footballer's Wives would have as a story line.

Roeder's response to news we could be selling him:

"It's all news to me.

"But I certainly haven't waited all these months to write Michael Owen's name on my team-sheet to even contemplate selling him.

"Michael is a very big part of my plans for next season and I know he's been as frustrated as everyone else and can't wait to start playing for Newcastle again.

"Personally, I can't wait to see him scoring goals for us that no-one else can."

What day of the week it is is news to Roeder tbh.

See that Renton? Michael "can't wait" to play for Newcastle again! Swivel on that, moaning minny!

Sorry, I guess I was wrong. Michael loves us and would play in his bare feet for free if asked. Nice one Michael. :ok:

Owen should give all the money back to NUFC that he earned while he injured. Just like every other professional footballer does at every other club.

Just thinking about this btw, and who Shepherd's legal advisors on this sort of thing are, and I reckon he actually gets all of these ideas from watching Dream Team. I don't watch that shite, but this is just the sort of pap that that or Footballer's Wives would have as a story line.

Clearly just asks his questions to the magic 8 ball.

Aye, or one of those fortune things you make out of paper - where you write different things under the folds and ask someone a question, spell out their name, and give them the answer.

Freddy writes things like "OMG SUE THEM!!11", "RAISE PRICES!!!1", "FIRE HIM FIVE GAMES INTO DA SEASON!!!11", "SIGN A LEFT WINGER!!!1" on his.

Aye, or one of those fortune things you make out of paper - where you write different things under the folds and ask someone a question, spell out their name, and give them the answer.

Freddy writes things like "OMG SUE THEM!!11", "RAISE PRICES!!!1", "FIRE HIM FIVE GAMES INTO DA SEASON!!!11", "SIGN A LEFT WINGER!!!1" on his.

Along with the manditory "UR GAY N SMELL OF POOS!!1!!!"

Listening to Shepherd's full interview this morning, it sounded like he was having a go at Owen - "If you've paid someone's wages for the last two years and they've only played 4 games at St. James Park.....well, I think Michael owes Newcastle."

This is like someone nicking your car, smashing it up in an accident, then returning it to you and saying "you can pay to get this fixed as I am going to borrow it again soon "

Newcastle are in the right over Owen, the FA should pay all his medical bills incurred because of the injury which happened while he was playing for England.

And that upsets little Michael tough, he hasn't been too bothered about picking up vast amounts of money from our club for doing fuck all.

This is like someone nicking your car, smashing it up in an accident, then returning it to you and saying "you can pay to get this fixed as I am going to borrow it again soon "

Newcastle are in the right over Owen, the FA should pay all his medical bills incurred because of the injury which happened while he was playing for England.

And that upsets little Michael tough, he hasn't been too bothered about picking up vast amounts of money from our club for doing fuck all.

Nah, it's totally different to that example tbh although it was completely inevitable that (being so parochial) you'd take that stance. And I reckon he'll be gutted he's been injured so much.

He's been injured dipshit. Or has that escaped your attention?

So, do we do that with poor nations as well? Say Martins get's fucked for Nigeria, do we demand the relatively poor Nigerian FA pay all his wages and medical expenses?

That's the problem with what Freddy is asking for, sure the FA can afford it but other can't. Either FIFA or individual FA's are going to have to start taking out insurance to cover this sort of thing and rightly so.

I've never heard West Ham mention anything about Dean Ashton. Probably because they know they wouldn't have a case.

Edited by alex

So, do we do that with poor nations as well? Say Martins get's fucked for Nigeria, do we demand the relatively poor Nigerian FA pay all his wages and medical expenses?

That's the problem with what Freddy is asking for, sure the FA can afford it but other can't. Either FIFA or individual FA's are going to have to start taking out insurance to cover this sort of thing and rightly so.

There is a FIFA fund just for that, but didn't they refuse us access to it because the english FA could afford it?

Personally I can't imagine old Sebb handing over even a soiled pair of y-fronts to anyone in the english game.

Edited by Fop

I've never heard West Ham mention anything about Dean Ashton. Probably because they no they wouldn't have a case.

Exactly. And they could feasibly have stayed up with him fit. As it stands they're on their way down, but there's not been any bleating from the biscuit bloke about it.

I think the FIFA pot was only for the World Cup and capped at a certain level.

FA's must start taking out insurance to cover the value and full wages of every player in their squad and should they not be able to afford this FIFA should make contributions to their insurance, it's only fair on the clubs who invest such huge amounts of money in their players.

There is a FIFA fund just for that, but didn't they refuse us access to it because the english FA could afford it?

Personally I can't imagine old Sebb handing over even a soiled pair of y-fronts to anyone in the english game.

Nah, we've settled with FIFA. Shepherd said that on the radio yesterday. Which I suspect is why the FA won't give us any cash - they'll be arguing that that's what the FIFA fund is for.

We've had half of Owen's wages paid since he was injured by the FA, and we got some cash off FIFA for him getting injured, so you can understand the FA turning round to Shepherd and telling him to fuck off when he comes looking for more cash really.

Tbf though, being mid-table it's been a few months since we've been the national laghing stock of football. I think Fred was feeling a bit left out, and decided he needed to do something else the whole country could scoff at us for. In some ways, we're still the Entertainers.

I think the FIFA pot was only for the World Cup and capped at a certain level.

FA's must start taking out insurance to cover the value and full wages of every player in their squad and should they not be able to afford this FIFA should make contributions to their insurance, it's only fair on the clubs who invest such huge amounts of money in their players.

The FA have upped their coverage to cover wages up to £100k per week now apparently. Doesn't do us any good like, but this is the sort of stuff that we as a club should have been checking long before Owen went to the World Cup, and raising then.

Tbf though, being mid-table it's been a few months since we've been the national laghing stock of football. I think Fred was feeling a bit left out, and decided he needed to do something else the whole country could scoff at us for. In some ways, we're still the Entertainers.

:jesuswept::ok: Pathos.

The FA have upped their coverage to cover wages up to £100k per week now apparently. Doesn't do us any good like, but this is the sort of stuff that we as a club should have been checking long before Owen went to the World Cup, and raising then.

Before the WC Shepherd knew exactly how much the FA's insurance was worth and then insured Owen for the rest himself so he can't start complaining now about money when he knew the arrangement before the injury. He should have made his protestations then rather than only when we've been affected by an injury.