Sven, the Geordie Messiah? So obvious really

Jimbo

That article is pure shit.

Incidentally, I noticed Bobby was sat next to fat man again last week. I wonder what they talk about?

I'd love to be a fly on the Fat Man's baldy nappa at the Bolton match.

"That Gary Speed's not bad, is he Freddy?"

they were bellowing with great conviction: “Souness out, Roeder in! Souness out, Roeder in!” And promptly got their wish granted. Just as they got their wish granted a short while before when the chant had been the almost sacrilegious: “Robson out! Robson out!”

What bollocks.

Well the Souness out Roeder in is complete bollocks.

But a lot of people wanted Roeder at the end of his caretakership and an awful lot of people DID want Robson out :ok: .

It's probably no surprise if this is the national view of Newcastle fans.

Fop, you talk an inordinate amount of shit.

Firstly, you're talking nonsense in your assessment of the fans. I think extremely few people actually wanted Roeder to stop on after the season had finished and were keen to see a proper external appointment made. I'd go further and say I think they actually expected it. The Robson situation was slighly different in that it was only proper and sensible that the man bowed out at some point as he was getting towards his mid fucking seventies-it wasnt rocket science-it was all about the strategy of replacing him and central to that was the issue of timing. In the end, as we all know, the timing couldnt have been any worse. All of the above, including the appointment of Souness in between, has been an unmitigated disaster.

Secondly and much more importantly however, to tie this in with the Rod Liddle bollocks, even if your assessment of the fans views was correct it is meaningless. The fans are entitled to say what they like, the fans are entitled to be completely wrong and the fans are entitled to the benefit of hindsight. It's a completely redundant argument because in short the fans don't run the football club.

If you want to use the most extreme example of that, a huge number of Man U fans wanted Ferguson out very early on in his tenure (only to be placated by a Cup Winners Cup win) and then again after they lost the title race to Leeds (only to be placated by their triumph the following season). This is absolute fact-I grew up with it and remember it vividly speaking to mates at school, listening to radio phone ins etc etc. On both of those occasions the fans views were ignored by a strong board who had a belief in the manager and a vision for the future. On each occassion the fans have benefitted from having their views overruled.

This is how it should be ideally. There is a slight paternalistic aspect to it which is uncomfortable, but the only real point of importance is that the board are paid to know whats best for the club and it is their fucking job to know whats best for the club. The fans on the otherhand are entitled to talk shite and sense in equal instalments but that never avails a chairman or any of his apologists of a defence to a bad appointment (be it either personnel or timing). The 'overwhelming fan's support' defence that is being trotted out now as a near pre-emptive strike is the most desparate management I think I've ever witnessed and is nothing short of a fucking disgrace.

It speaks volumes about how this club has been run for many years now.

One of your best posts that.

they were bellowing with great conviction: “Souness out, Roeder in! Souness out, Roeder in!” And promptly got their wish granted. Just as they got their wish granted a short while before when the chant had been the almost sacrilegious: “Robson out! Robson out!”

What bollocks.

But a lot of people wanted Roeder at the end of his caretakership and an awful lot of people DID want Robson out :jesuswept: .

Firstly, you're talking nonsense in your assessment of the fans. I think extremely few people actually wanted Roeder to stop on after the season had finished and were keen to see a proper external appointment made. I'd go further and say I think they actually expected it. The Robson situation was slighly different in that it was only proper and sensible that the man bowed out at some point as he was getting towards his mid fucking seventies-it wasnt rocket science-it was all about the strategy of replacing him and central to that was the issue of timing. In the end, as we all know, the timing couldnt have been any worse. All of the above, including the appointment of Souness in between, has been an unmitigated disaster.

Secondly and much more importantly however, to tie this in with the Rod Liddle bollocks, even if your assessment of the fans views was correct it is meaningless. The fans are entitled to say what they like, the fans are entitled to be completely wrong and the fans are entitled to the benefit of hindsight. It's a completely redundant argument because in short the fans don't run the football club.

If you want to use the most extreme example of that, a huge number of Man U fans wanted Ferguson out very early on in his tenure (only to be placated by a Cup Winners Cup win) and then again after they lost the title race to Leeds (only to be placated by their triumph the following season). This is absolute fact-I grew up with it and remember it vividly speaking to mates at school, listening to radio phone ins etc etc. On both of those occasions the fans views were ignored by a strong board who had a belief in the manager and a vision for the future. On each occassion the fans have benefitted from having their views overruled.

This is how it should be ideally. There is a slight paternalistic aspect to it which is uncomfortable, but the only real point of importance is that the board are paid to know whats best for the club and it is their fucking job to know whats best for the club. The fans on the otherhand are entitled to talk shite and sense in equal instalments but that never avails a chairman or any of his apologists of a defence to a bad appointment (be it either personnel or timing). The 'overwhelming fan's support' defence that is being trotted out now as a near pre-emptive strike is the most desparate management I think I've ever witnessed and is nothing short of a fucking disgrace.

One of your best posts that.

I think thats what is known as damning with faint praise! :ok:

Nah cheers. Just as depressed as owt with it all these days and can't even begin to see where the improvements (even theoretical ones) are gonna come anymore. :jesuswept:

What bollocks.

But a lot of people wanted Roeder at the end of his caretakership and an awful lot of people DID want Robson out :ok: .

Excellent post Mancmag

I think the point is FDL no matter what people though or posted on here or elsewhere, no-one chanted Robson-out.It's the invention of a twisted smoggie mind

What bollocks.

But a lot of people wanted Roeder at the end of his caretakership and an awful lot of people DID want Robson out :jesuswept: .

Oh really, lets see shall we. :jesuswept:

Firstly, you're talking nonsense in your assessment of the fans.

My assessment? I wrote that article did I? Thank I didn’t realise I had :ok:

I think extremely few people actually wanted Roeder to stop on after the season had finished and were keen to see a proper external appointment made.

Hmm…. No.

A lot of people wanted to give him a chance saying he’d earned it, I’m sure if you search back even here you’ll find that to be the case.

The Robson situation was slighly different in that it was only proper and sensible that the man bowed out at some point as he was getting towards his mid fucking seventies-it wasnt rocket science-it was all about the strategy of replacing him and central to that was the issue of timing. In the end, as we all know, the timing couldnt have been any worse. All of the above, including the appointment of Souness in between, has been an unmitigated disaster.

There were plenty of people wanting rid of him, even AT that stupid time of the season, there were even some that welcomed Souness and a lot that at least thought he’d “sort out” Newcastle’s problems (in fairness he kinda did help stop the off field stuff, but didn’t do so well on field).

Personally I though getting rid of Robson at the end of that last season would have been silly as there it was unlikely we’d find a better replacement and getting rid when we did was completely barmy (which seems to have been the case).

They should have used that last season to find a good replacement giving Robson the option of moving into a more upstairs role at the club, instead of announcing to the press the wouldn't be re-newing his contract before they even told him (and in doing so completely undermining him, as indeed happened to Ferguson and Man U's results plummeted when he was going to retire).

Never said the fan aren’t did I? (again putting words in my mouth :jesuswept: ).

What I said was don’t be surprised if this IS the national view of Newcastle fans.

Indeed Ferguson shows the wisdom of appointing the right person and NOT panic sacking at the first sign of trouble.

And this has anything to do with fans screaming and ranting and bile emptying how?

So basically you have gone off an a rant that HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I SAID.

Who is talking shit, oh yes, that would be YOU then (at least as anything to do with what I said). :jesuswept:

What bollocks.

You forgot the punchline.