Cheeky Charlie

Norbert Colon

Guest Patrokles

I don't necessarily feel N'Zogbia is being forced out so much as forcing himself out. If this was another player who wasn't such a darling of the fans (and I like him, too), I would imagine the player would be slated. Look at the shit Parker got, and he's put in a lot more than N'Zogbia has this season.

My apologies on the fabregas comment :ok: But I do think the draw of playing for a team that nurtures its young foreign talents (french and spanish etc) is greater than not.

He is a fantastic talent and a loss which we are likely to regret-but the situation has been mis-managed and allowed to escalate and i am surprised Milner hasn't gone the same way - testimony to the lads spirit tbf

Guest Patrokles

My apologies on the fabregas comment :ok: But I do think the draw of playing for a team that nurtures its young foreign talents (french and spanish etc) is greater than not.

He is a fantastic talent and a loss which we are likely to regret-but the situation has been mis-managed and allowed to escalate and i am surprised Milner hasn't gone the same way - testimony to the lads spirit tbf

Terrific point about Milner, who was messed around far more than Charlie, and set about improving the situation with application and positive attitude, rather than sulking.

I don't necessarily feel N'Zogbia is being forced out so much as forcing himself out.

I agree that there is probably blame on both sides but the fact that he's a bit pissed off doesn't mean he should be alienated, we had troublesome players with egos in Robert and Bellamy but Robson managed to keep them both happy and performing on the pitch.

I have no faith in Roeder's ability to handle the situation as he has already shown that Duff will be picked ahead of N'Zogbia regardless of form which can only frustrate the situation further and didn't Roeder have a falling out with Di Canio in the season West Ham went down and freeze him out of the first team despite being desperately short on strikers?

Terrific point about Milner, who was messed around far more than Charlie, and set about improving the situation with application and positive attitude, rather than sulking.

Different players with different personalities tbh. It's not like Roeder handled the Milner situation well, he's just lucky his attitude is better than 90% of other players' would have been.

Guest Patrokles

Different players with different personalities tbh. It's not like Roeder handled the Milner situation well, he's just lucky his attitude is better than 90% of other players' would have been.

I'm not saying Roeder handled either well, but I have to admit that I really can't abide sulkers; not over any length of time. Fair enough, mope around a day, get it out of your system, but don't maintain this lingering resentment and self-pity, because it doesn't help you, and it doesn't help anyone else around you.

I'm not saying Roeder handled either well, but I have to admit that I really can't abide sulkers; not over any length of time. Fair enough, mope around a day, get it out of your system, but don't maintain this lingering resentment and self-pity, because it doesn't help you, and it doesn't help anyone else around you.

Unfortunately a lot of footballers are prima donnas. And unfortunately psychology does play a certain part in the game. It would be nice if they were all strong personalities who could take it. Therefore I do think man-management is one of the most important parts of a managers job. Unhappy players rarely perform and if you lose the squad, you lose your job.

Evening Standard:

Charles N'Zogbia's row with Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder means he could be heading out of Tyneside at the end of the season.

If only the bit in bold referred to Roeder and not Zog.

Lets be honest, this season Zog has been mostly injured or way off the pace when he played, Most of this is explained by his trouble with injuries, the death of his father, being messed about by Roeder and us having such shit coaching and management. Throw in the fact he's a young lad and they often have a dip the year after they've done well and it wasn't unlikely he'd have a poor season.

But he obviously has potential and ability, and showed before this season what he could do and if we lose him it will be yet another crap decision made by the club and its management. With the ammount of players we are lookign to shift out of the club we can ill affor to start dumping the ones we should be keeping!

Guest Patrokles

Like Bellamy you mean?

Bellamy didn't sulk, he moaned. He was an obnoxious shit but it helped his game. It never stopped him doing his job, in contrast to Charlie's wallowing.

Furthermore, he deserved a bollocking for his performance on Saturday. You need to be able to take criticism in a job without handing in your notice straight away. Take it, take it on board, and improve.

Edited by Patrokles

Like Bellamy you mean?

Bellamy didn't sulk, he moaned. He was an obnoxious shit but it helped his game. It never stopped him doing his job, in contrast to Charlie's wallowing.

Furthermore, he deserved a bollocking for his performance on Saturday. You need to be able to take criticism in a job without handing in your notice straight away. Take it, take it on board, and improve.

He sulked anytime he had to play out wide..

Guest Patrokles

Like Bellamy you mean?

Didn't necessarily affect his performance, though. His commitment on the pitch was never in question.

Like Bellamy you mean?

Didn't necessarily affect his performance, though. His commitment on the pitch was never in question.

I was a fan of Bellamys but I recall sitting at St James on a few occasions when he was asked to play out wide strolling about the park looking as if he had spat the dummy not closing players down and chasing things like he normally would in a match. Certainly appeared to affect his performance.

Milner is one in a million, one of very few players who can be called a model professional. He doesn't have an agent, gives his all, has stuck around after the debacle last summer.

Let's play a game. Who said the following just a few months ago;

"Charles is 20 years old and he has had over 50 starts. "We have a disease in this country. We turn out good young players - in fact, he is better than good, he is an excellent young player - and we demand that they play week-in, week-out.

"They get to 23, 24 and suddenly they have all sorts on injuries because they have played too many games and they suffer burn-out.

"It is my job to look after young players. I did it with quite a few players, but the most obvious one I did it with was Jermain Defoe at West Ham.

"I protected Jermain in the first couple of seasons. He would often come off the bench and play a big part in a winning performance - and he had plenty of starts.

"Charles N'Zogbia will play lots and lots of games, and start lots of games this year for Newcastle.

"We are in four competitions. I think the world of him and he would be one player who certainly would never be for sale as far as I am concerned.

"He has a big future in front of him, but I will protect him."

"Damien Duff coming to the club has actually raised his level of performance anything up to 15, 20%.

"Damien's arrival has actually helped Charles, not hindered him at all. He is a wonderful, wonderful player."