Sam Says: Chairman's Passion Swung It For Me

Jimbo

Sam Says: Chairman's Passion Swung It For Me

SAM Allardyce says a meeting with chairman Freddy Shepherd convinced him to take the managerial job at Newcastle United.

Big Sam landed on Tyneside on Tuesday morning and was due to be unveiled at a Press conference at St. James' Park at 1pm, having signed a three-year contract.

Speaking as he arrived at Gallowgate, he said: "Once Freddy Shepherd make it clear he wanted me then there was no doubt where I would be going.

"After leaving Bolton Wanderers last week I was expecting a longer rest but once Freddy opened that door I was in.

"When I met Freddy I could feel his passion for Newcastle United. He is a passionate supporter and it's well known throughout football that he has always supported his managers.

"Now it is up to everyone from Freddy down to me the players and even the tea lady to give these fans the success they deserve.

"I suppose this is the greatest challenge I have ever had.

"But it is one I am excited about and one I am looking forward to. It's no secret that what has happened in the past is not good enough for a club as big as Newcastle United and it is now my job to change all that."

Sam was due to meet the United squad and staff on Tuesday morning, and insisted: "Everyone starts with a clean sheet."

;)

Its not a surprise really. If you're away from this club you see Fred back his managers with money and if you talk to him he will come across as a passionate toon fan as to be fair i think he is.

Its only when you've been a fan like us for years and pay attention to everything he's said and done you see he's also a complete moron among other problems!

fuck sake "EVERYONE starts with a clean sheet" thats what roeder did and why bramble etc stayed longer.

I think it's more a reference to the likes of N'Zogbia. If Sam can sort his attitude out and get him playing like he was a year ago, then I'm all for it.

fuck sake "EVERYONE starts with a clean sheet" thats what roeder did and why bramble etc stayed longer.

I think he's referring to those who fell out of favour rather than those who are down right shite. I wouldn't be suprised if we see N'Zogbia and Luque getting some more first team chances.

Well it's just a sensible thing to say.

But assuming he does mean it and it's not just the right noises, then he is a manager that can make that work and he has a good record at getting players with attitude to perform.

Although that's not to say that he won't keep shite and regret it though.

Hopefully FS has gave BS a list of the players and whats went on with them and explained taht some of them shouldn't start with a clean slate, or would that be the chairman interfering.

Either way Bramble has to go.