Orange Festival Thing

Guest Toplass-101

disappointed tbh...sound was absolute pants forall the bands ;) 2 wanks...wereyou in Flynns with a green and white Adidas top on ??? if not you have a twin :blink:

disappointed tbh...sound was absolute pants forall the bands :lol: 2 wanks...wereyou in Flynns with a green and white Adidas top on ??? if not you have a twin ;)

Not that I can remember. :blink:

disappointed tbh...sound was absolute pants forall the bands :) 2 wanks...wereyou in Flynns with a green and white Adidas top on ??? if not you have a twin ;)

poor lad then...me and wor lad were looking at him and laughing :lol:

disappointed tbh...sound was absolute pants forall the bands :) 2 wanks...wereyou in Flynns with a green and white Adidas top on ??? if not you have a twin ;)

poor lad then...me and wor lad were looking at him and laughing :lol:

I'm sure he was laughing back at you old fogies stood there trying to look oh so young and hip with your zimmer frames out. :)

disappointed tbh...sound was absolute pants forall the bands :( 2 wanks...wereyou in Flynns with a green and white Adidas top on ??? if not you have a twin :lol:

Not that I can remember. ;)

poor lad then...me and wor lad were looking at him and laughing :)

I'm sure he was laughing back at you old fogies stood there trying to look oh so young and hip with your zimmer frames out. :)

:blink: hellyes.... :puke:

Spillers' Wharf was a shambles. You could barely hear most bands and to add to the effect, half the PA dropped out halfway through Maximo Park's set.

Really nothing to write home about except the nagging thought- just how many bands are out there that look and sound the same as today's strumtastic effort 'The Enemy'?

I couldnt be fucked to go like,

Ive seen a few of the bands before and this kind of festival is normally packed with doyles.

Im sick of all the guitar bands getting keyboards and trying to cash in on ''nu rave'',

They ruin all their songs and look like twats

I wanted to go however the organisation this year was a disgrace. As far as the security (and police) were concerned if it wasnt happening inside the fence then they couldnt give a shite.

This resulted in numerous people (both kids and adults) using our entrances, gardens and garage as a toilet, place to deal and do drugs and somewhere to get shitfaced on the cans they werent allowed to take in.

As far as Im aware of there were three attempted break ins of people getting onto the balconys of those on the first floor while someone else decided it would be a laugh to go scratching cars in the carpark.

And th nearest we got to an arrest?

Me! for asking a copper if he was "finally going to fucking do something about it", the same copper who I had spoken to three times previously, the self same one who had caught a kid having a dump and the partner of one who I pointed out a kid to that was trying to smash windows with stones.

I dont blame the police as there were seemingly only 7 of them to patrol the Baltic side but I do blame Gateshead council. They should have taken steps to protect the local area but they didnt. In an attempt to ensure as much beer was bought in the official beer tents they didnt let drink in therefore we ended up with an inpromptu beer garden in front of our door.

So no, I didnt get to see or even hear Echo and the Bunnymen (who I was really looking forward to) or Maximo Park as I was too bothered about leaving home. I did however get to hear the shite they put on on the Baltic Stage. Bonde Do Role??? as for Simian Mobile Disco well they sounded like a errr couple of monkeys running a mobile disco.

That was far worse than last year. Far too wild i mean a man in underwear dancing then every one decides to mosh about him the a glass bottle gets thrown and this guy gets it in the face.

Ruined the day i loved Hot Club de Paris and i actually got my arse in gear and had a bit of a mosh for the enemy even though it isn't moshy music you have got to enjoy yourself.

As for maximo they have gone down in my estimations. I don't know if it was the setup or what but they sounded gash nothing like i had hoped.

good day out though :blink:

I enjoyed the Seven Heroes, The Enemy and Maximo Park. Wasn't to keen on Echo and the Bunnymen, also Kano was shit. And I think I missed Hot De Paris when I went 2 MacDonalds.

Anyone see that man wearing jeans then a dress over the top of it?

I enjoyed the Seven Heroes, The Enemy and Maximo Park. Wasn't to keen on Echo and the Bunnymen, also Kano was shit. And I think I missed Hot De Paris when I went 2 MacDonalds.

Can't say i did. There was some fucking weird people there.

MacDonalds? :blink: what a load of shite it is there.

You get what you pay for ;)

You get what you pay for ;)

Thats what I kept on saying to the friends. It's free for a reason. That reason seems to be a wanker day out people can't enjoy music anymore.

was really disappointed with the sound system yesterday, saw some very strange sights tho....4 blokes jumping around half naked who kept kissing each other ;) some bloke in front of me having a slash in an empty plastic pint glass then throwing it into the crowd :lol: "couples" going into the portaloos together :) . met some canny young entrepreneurs, thay were about 14/15, noticed us drinking Fosters so sold us 6 cans for £1.50 a pop :) a mate had thrown the bag of cans over the wall to them :blink:

Guest Toplass-101

The security staff were shit.

We watched some of the Shindig stuff, then went out to be told by the steward guys that we couldn't get through the barriers to get over the river, and the only way over the Newcastle side was to walk all the way round the Sage and cross over the Swing bridge.

Thankfully, we then found out that the dickheads didn't know what they were talking about after seeing a group of folk come from the back of the Baltic who told us ya can get over no problem.

I came home at about 4pm on Monday as it was pants, full of idiots, and the sound systems were on their last legs.

Im a little concerned (shitting it more like) about the cars being scratched and breakins given that Im responsible for my mates place just now. *gets coat and hopes she doesnt find squatters and an empty car park space.

That was far worse than last year. Far too wild i mean a man in underwear dancing then every one decides to mosh about him the a glass bottle gets thrown and this guy gets it in the face.

Ruined the day i loved Hot Club de Paris and i actually got my arse in gear and had a bit of a mosh for the enemy even though it isn't moshy music you have got to enjoy yourself.

As for maximo they have gone down in my estimations. I don't know if it was the setup or what but they sounded gash nothing like i had hoped.

good day out though ;)

Could have been worse man, could have been Radgina. ;)

good day out though :icon_lol:

;)

good day out though :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

:icon_lol:;)