Becks for Toon

Scottish Mag

If he is to go on loan then moving to the PL would be a mistake IMO. To try and drop in mid season and pick up the pace of the league when he hasn't played in it for a few seasons would be very difficult. And he would be looking to be guaranteed a starting place wherever he went to regardless of the form of whoever would be the current RW.

He hasn't played much on the right at RM has he?

Thought he was being used more centrally there.

have we the strikers to benefit from that kind of service though?

All well and good sticking in world class crosses, but if there's two Ronnie Corbets in the middle, it's a bit of a waste

Guest alex

All well and good sticking in world class crosses, but if there's two Ronnie Corbets in the middle, it's a bit of a waste

I think Martins and Owen would actually. They are both decent (or better) in the air from the type of ball Beckham puts in. And, assuming he does come here on loan, I doubt those two will be starting together much next season (in a front two anyway).

I think Martins and Owen would actually. They are both decent (or better) in the air from the type of ball Beckham puts in. And, assuming he does come here on loan, I doubt those two will be starting together much next season (in a front two anyway).

Haven't the Americans already said no to the loan deal?

Guest alex

Lalas has had a rethink I think.

Is it the same Lalas of world cup fame? ;)

Aye. General Manager or summat like that.

Becks: I won't return on loan

By Robin Hackett - Created on 3 Jun 2007

David Beckham has ruled out the possibility of a loan move back to Europe - and is adamant his move to LA Galaxy should not have an adverse effect on his international career.

Beckham has been in fine form for Real Madrid since agreeing a move to the MLS, and made a successful comeback for England in Friday's friendly with Brazil.

But many believe he will not be able to compete at the highest level once he moves to America, and have suggested the player could be loaned back to a top European side when the MLS season finishes in the winter.

Newcastle had been strongly linked with a move for his services, but Beckham has now ruled out any possibility of such a move.

"Will I be coming back somewhere on loan? No," he said. "That is never going to happen."

But he remains confident that he can still perform at international level once he ends his Real Madrid career.

"Will playing in America have an adverse effect on my England chances? I hope not.

"Physically, I will be fine. I will still be as good as I am today. That is not going to be a problem.

"Travelling is not going to be a problem, because I will travel from anywhere to play for my country, so we will see.

"I haven't worked out schedules, but I am sure it can be done nearer the time.

"Everyone at LA Galaxy knows that I want to play for my country and I am sure they will do everything possible to make it possible for me to play for my country."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...+return+on+loan