Gudjohnsen to stay put

Magma

Eidur Gudjohnsen's father and agent, Arnor, insists he son will not be returning to the Premiership next season.

The Icelandic ace has been strongly linked with a move back to England, after failing to really hit the heights with Barcelona - since his move to Catalunya two years ago.

However, Gudjohnsen senior feels the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, Portsmouth and Sunderland can forget about making an offer for his son.

"He hasn't been thinking about coming back to England at all," he told the Sunday Sun.

"He really wants to make amends for the last six months at Barcelona, which have been difficult for him.

"He wants to do better there next season having now learned how Spanish football is.

"Of course, you never know what is going to happen, and it is flattering that clubs like Newcastle are linked with him.

"But the fact is I have not heard anything from any clubs in England, and Ediur wants to stay where he is."

From SSN

That's a pretty typical statement from anyone moving or not, if he's not known to be unhappy/on the transfer list then this was always gunna be the next thing to come out in the story

Eidur Gudjohnsen's father and agent, Arnor, insists he son will not be returning to the Premiership next season.

The Icelandic ace has been strongly linked with a move back to England, after failing to really hit the heights with Barcelona - since his move to Catalunya two years ago.

However, Gudjohnsen senior feels the likes of Newcastle, West Ham, Portsmouth and Sunderland can forget about making an offer for his son.

"He hasn't been thinking about coming back to England at all," he told the Sunday Sun.

"He really wants to make amends for the last six months at Barcelona, which have been difficult for him.

"He wants to do better there next season having now learned how Spanish football is.

"Of course, you never know what is going to happen, and it is flattering that clubs like Newcastle are linked with him.

"But the fact is I have not heard anything from any clubs in England, and Ediur wants to stay where he is."

From SSN

Any Barcelona player flattered by being linked to us wants their head examining tbh.

From SSN

Any Barcelona player flattered by being linked to us wants their head examining tbh.

Although I've always wanted to see Gudjohnsen play for us, the comment in bold reeks of Kluivert.

From SSN

Although I've always wanted to see Gudjohnsen play for us, the comment in bold reeks of Kluivert.

Tbf Kluivert did actually come and play for us.

From SSN

Tbf Kluivert did actually come and play for us.

:blink:

From SSN

Tbf Kluivert did actually come and help support Greggs.

FYP

Don't think he would be a good signing for us.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

(FYP)

Brock man, you're not Gemmill - pack it in with the grammar correction and FYPs will you? :blink:

Don't think he would be a good signing for us.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic.

(FYP)

Brock Manson, you're not Gemmill - pack it in with the grammar correction and FYPs will you? :blink:

FYP ;)