Ameobi

2bias

Regardless of form, he has no footballing brain. Even during his goalscoring spree he still spent a lot of time either being offside or messing up our plays.

If he wasnt a "local lad" he would have been out a long time ago. Seeing him get chance after chance whilst Chopra never got a proper one is sickening. Shola would be just as annoying strolling about at Championship level. Hopefully Carroll can rise to the occasion and get in front in the pecking order as soon as next season.

chopra should of stayed

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of form, he has no footballing brain. Even during his goalscoring spree he still spent a lot of time either being offside or messing up our plays.

If he wasnt a "local lad" he would have been out a long time ago. Seeing him get chance after chance whilst Chopra never got a proper one is sickening. Shola would be just as annoying strolling about at Championship level. Hopefully Carroll can rise to the occasion and get in front in the pecking order as soon as next season.

chopra should of stayed

Nah.

Hes as no way as bad as some make out.

Every manager we have had rates him.

Wow. And what a bunch of world beaters those managers have been! If THEY rate him, then FUCK ME, my eyes must have been fooling me, he mustn't be a fumbling crock of shit!

shola isn't as bad as some make out. i'm happy with him as third or fourth choice striker

When you look at the quality of goalscorers in the premiership then he'll not look out of place when he finally gets a game.

:lol:

shola isn't as bad as some make out. i'm happy with him as third or fourth choice striker

Even when first and second (and third) pick up injuries? Then is he still good enough as 4th choice, when circumstances mean we're relying on him for goals? Care to name a poorer 4th choice in the top 4, seeing as that's where we aim to be?

Even when first and second (and third) pick up injuries? Then is he still good enough as 4th choice, when circumstances mean we're relying on him for goals? Care to name a poorer 4th choice in the top 4, seeing as that's where we aim to be?

I'd like to see Smiths goal scoring record if thats what your purely basing it on.

If Big Sam even contemplates playing Shola, even in a pre season friendly, I'll write him off before he even gets going.

So you're going to judge a new manager on one decision? :)

:lol:

I think Bobby was the only one of our last three managers who realised that he didn't deserve to start every game. Our last good manager, incidentally, was Bobby.

Again, you're judging the quality of a manager on one decision :)

:)

I'd like to see Smiths goal scoring record if thats what your purely basing it on.

I think overall contribution is what I base it on. Ameobi costs us more goals through his limited ability than he scores for us.

i'd say he's on par with the likes of alan smith, aliadiere, baptista, kalou, robbie fowler etc

i'd say he's on par with the likes of alan smith, aliadiere, baptista, kalou, robbie fowler etc

Would you? I think if you did a poll, most people would have ANY of those listed in their team ahead of Shola.

Edited by MrMiyagi

Fuck off :lol:

i don't see many of that lot outscoring shola by many. do you?

shola was scoring goals at a decent rate before his op, carrying an injury and playing in a shit side.

he's not the best player in the world but i'd be as happy with him coming off the bench as any of the others listed above.

Would you? I think if you did a poll, most people would have ANY of those listed in their team ahead of Shola.

MrMiyagi continues to get a little angry over this discussion - calm down is my kind advice.

I would rather Smith to Ameobi and also Kalou, but his finishing is certainly no better on the basis of this season. Aliadiere barely ever scores and has only had one good game for Arsenal, in the Carling Cup against Liverpool, as far as I know - no Arsenal fans rate him. Baptista scored four in that game but has looked pretty rubbish otherwise. Judging bu what we've seen in the Premiership, Ameobi has appeared better to me. Robbie Fowler's hardly done much recently also. I know Ameobi screws a lot of things up, but he can also be a useful player when not scoring goals, which is more than what you can say for Fowler these days.

i don't see many of that lot outscoring shola by many. do you?

shola was scoring goals at a decent rate before his op, carrying an injury and playing in a shit side.

he's not the best player in the world but i'd be as happy with him coming off the bench as any of the others listed above.

I agree with you in the respect that he is nowhere enar as bad as alot of people make him out to be, and I'm quite happy having him as a backup striker. But I'd certainly prefer Smith, Baptista (if he could re-produce his form that he showed at Sevilla) and Kalou to Ameobi. Kalou may not have had the best of starts to last season but I felt towards the end started to show that he could mature into a fairly good player.

I'll give you Fowler and Aliadiere though, one's past it and the others just shit :lol: