England v Brazil

Bombadil

Lampard in the team and Gerrard on the bench? ... that is simply ridiculous.Agree with Bentley though. Was sickening when McClaren sent Jenas on last night, when Bentley should have been the one to come on.

In terms of both ability and form.

Disagree. Gerrard's been shit this season. I was thinking about putting Bentley in the middle and playing neither Lampard or Gerrard, and then Cole on the left. Tricky being a pretend England manager :lol:

Guest alex

Played alreet for England lately. Unlike Lampard. It's all about playing one or the other alongside Hargreaves for me though. I like Joe Cole but if you play him and Beckham wide there's not a lot of pace down the flanks.

What are the chances of Diego coming to play in England? Obviously he'd go to one of the top 3, but it would be nice to see him play every week.

Don't know if he would do well in England. He's a bit lightweight and goes down by the softest of touches. But he was by far the best player in Germany even though his first season was originally thought to be just to accomodate him to German football. He has been a revelation. Having a good manager who got the best out him helped obviously.

It's all about playing one or the other alongside Hargreaves for me though.

Same here, and at the moment it is a no brainer.

Foster in the sticks however is a good call. He should be put in there asap. Robinson's kicking was horrendous last night with both feet :lol:

What are the chances of Diego coming to play in England? Obviously he'd go to one of the top 3, but it would be nice to see him play every week.

Don't know if he would do well in England. He's a bit lightweight and goes down by the softest of touches. But he was by far the best player in Germany even though his first season was originally thought to be just to accomodate him to German football. He has been a revelation. Having a good manager who got the best out him helped obviously.

Was Juninho not the same though, and he was quite successful?

I guess someone like Barca will be looking at him anyway. By the way, have you heard anything about VDV wanting to leave Hamburg to play in the Premiership? I was in Holland over the weekend and quite a few of the dutch lads said he'd be looking for a transfer this summer.

Was Juninho not the same though, and he was quite successful?

I guess someone like Barca will be looking at him anyway. By the way, have you heard anything about VDV wanting to leave Hamburg to play in the Premiership? I was in Holland over the weekend and quite a few of the dutch lads said he'd be looking for a transfer this summer.

I can't say to much about a comparison to Juninho as I haven't seen him for and after his move enough. Diego would probably do well wherever they give him the necessary freedom.

The biggest talk in Germany about van der Vaart was about a move to Munich, but he committed himself to Hamburg and said he won't move to another German club. He was rather thought to be interested in a move to Spain as he has a Spanish mother. But I reckon a big money move to England could tempt him, but there has been no concrete rumour I am aware of.

bentley, every time i've watched him play is more effectove coming in from the right, he scores more than he makes. don't think he's our solution for the left side.

oh and lampard has been way less effective than gerrard through the middle for england this season.

good in 2003-4 perhaps but the last couple of years he's not been the player he was in an england shirt.

B.Foster

M.Richards R.Ferdinand J.Terry A.Cole

O.Hargreaves

D.Beckham S.Gerrard

W.Rooney M.Owen/P.Crouch J.Cole

Bench: Robinson, M.Taylor, J. Carragher, J. Woodgate, Fat Lampard, M.Carrick, A. Lennon, D.Bent, Nugent, M.Owen/P.Crouch