Numbers in and out?

Scottish Mag

I have seen it raised a couple of times as to how many players people think we are going to sign and I think even Sam himself he wanted 5 or 6 however whilst it doesn't sound realistic could we be looking for the best part of a full team to come in?

Already we have seen leave...

Bernard

Gooch

Bramble

Srnicek

Moore

Sib

Parker (Is as well as gone?)

Uncertainty still remains over the future of...

Owen

Martins

N'Zogbia

Dyer

And I would imagine that if we got half a chance to get rid of/or sign replacements we would happily see the back of...

Babayaro

Carr

That leaves us with

Given

Harper

Taylor

Solano

Butt

Emre (who actually also has at times been linked with a move away)

Milner

Duff

Ameobi

(couldn't include the likes of Ramage as I pray to god he gets nowhere near next seasons team)

We are either going to see a a fair few of those expected to leave back in black and white next season or I think Sam will need to be signing a fair few more than the 5 or 6 that has been discussed.

Edited by Scottish Mag

Agree, we definitely need more than 5 or 6 players coming in, our squad was already lacking depth before we started shifting players on and there could be more to go yet.

Ideally i'd like to see 2 fullbacks, 2 centrebacks, 2 midfielders and a striker come through the door and more if possible.

We know Big Sam is likely to get players on frees, cheap prices or maybe even a loan, but then we don't know on top of that how much money he is going to be given to splash out on bigger fees.

If he can get Viduka and Haim on frees that'll be a good start, leaving plenty of money for other purchases.

Agree, we definitely need more than 5 or 6 players coming in, our squad was already lacking depth before we started shifting players on and there could be more to go yet.

Ideally i'd like to see 2 fullbacks, 2 centrebacks, 2 midfielders and a striker come through the door and more if possible.

We know Big Sam is likely to get players on frees, cheap prices or maybe even a loan, but then we don't know on top of that how much money he is going to be given to splash out on bigger fees.

If he can get Viduka and Haim on frees that'll be a good start, leaving plenty of money for other purchases.

I hope you're right about the incoming,but I don't think Sam will be able to pick up players as cheaply as with Bolton.Other clubs know our situation ,and will want to milk it if possible.Players on frees can demand large signing on fees.

If Ashley takes over other clubs will treat us like a money pit

But whatever happens I hope it happens soon-my nerves are in tatters already

What is good about it is that the first bunch that you mention were all pretty much dead wood. Replacing these with first team players will give us a much stronger squad.

What is good about it is that the first bunch that you mention were all pretty much dead wood. Replacing these with first team players will give us a much stronger squad.

The worrying this is that last season we had an overly small squad (although looking at our wage bill you'd never realise it) and could have done with more purely for bodies (never mind the needed extra quality).

Ok this season with less competitions we can probably get away with fewer than we needed last season, but even so we need at least as many as we had last season I think.

I hope you're right about the incoming,but I don't think Sam will be able to pick up players as cheaply as with Bolton.Other clubs know our situation ,and will want to milk it if possible.Players on frees can demand large signing on fees.

If Ashley takes over other clubs will treat us like a money pit

But whatever happens I hope it happens soon-my nerves are in tatters already

Yes, it could be harder for Big Sam to pick up his bargain buys now that he's here and the takeover is in the papers all the time, but hopefully he'll manage it. And i'm the same as you, just hoping it all gets sorted as soon as possible.

emre won't be going anywhere. he's just bought a new £900k house in the north east.

luque will only go on loan. he's on £75k per week AFTER tax.

luque will only go on loan. he's on £75k per week AFTER tax.

Seriously?! :lol:

yup. if i was him i'd probably stay put too. he's not going to get those wages anywhere else.

I expect a few free transfers and a few relatively unheard of players coming in, there wages will be covered by some of our big earners leaving the club (Parker, Dyer and Luque)

I expect a few free transfers and a few relatively unheard of players coming in, there wages will be covered by some of our big earners leaving the club (Parker, Dyer and Luque)

the only way luque is going is on loan to someone like psv and even then we're still going to be paying a chunk of his wages. no one is going to sign him permanently on that money

If Luque was on £75,000 pw after tax then wouldn't he be the highest paid player in the Premiership?

i doubt it.

but regardless, he definitely is on that money. that's why he isn't going anywhere

If Luque was on £75,000 pw after tax then wouldn't he be the highest paid player in the Premiership?

i doubt it.

but regardless, he definitely is on that money. that's why he isn't going anywhere

He'd be over the £100k pw mark though, which I just can't see us offering him.

i think sam can bring someting out of luque he is a good player

I know what you mean, Luque is the type of player you could have seen Allardyce taking a gamble on at Bolton.

i think sam can bring someting out of luque he is a good player

I know what you mean, Luque is the type of player you could have seen Allardyce taking a gamble on at Bolton.

yeah, to be fair he hasnt been given a proper run in the squad, he can play in that attacking midfield position dyer plays in and can also shoot well so if dyer goes you dont need to replace him.

i doubt it.

i'm not lying. i know someone that has seen his pay slip, and driven his car.

that's why he isn't going anywhere.

i doubt it.

Perhaps whoever it was who told you is winding you up.

The reason the Chronicle gave for him not going to PSV on loan in January was because Roeder couldn't get that striker in from France, they seem to think he's already agreed to there next season though with a view to a permanent deal.

Guest alex

Rumours were that wages scuppered the deal. Don't know how true they were and I'm not sure what Luque is on but I bet wages are a stumbling block to a move elsewhere.

i doubt it.

Perhaps whoever it was who told you is winding you up.

The reason the Chronicle gave for him not going to PSV on loan in January was because Roeder couldn't get that striker in from France, they seem to think he's already agreed to there next season though with a view to a permanent deal.

i doubt it. he's been pretty reliable in the past and he knows emre and luque well.

i can't see luque going anywhere on a permanent deal unless he takes a massive pay cut. that's why he'll probably see his contract out by going on loan instead of securing a permanent deal, unless he proves a few of us wrong and takes a massive pay cut for regular first team football.

i can't see it happening. who would give up that kind of money?