Barton takes No. 7 shirt

Bombadil

from what i understand the talent and ability of the lad is well documented, it was (under the previous regime) his training and attitude.

if sam gets him working for the team then great. i have a funny feeling he will. also since when was luque a centre forward? used to play on the left for deportivo....

from what i understand the talent and ability of the lad is well documented, it was (under the previous regime) his training and attitude.

if sam gets him working for the team then great. i have a funny feeling he will. also since when was luque a centre forward? used to play on the left for deportivo....

B)

On the left of 3 forwards, but I can't be arsed to go back to this. He's a striker though B)

He'd work perfectly in Sam's usual formation, much better than either Owen or Martins would.

Probably too far gone with Luque I reckon. His own attitude on the pitch wouldn't suggest a massive effort from him either to turn around his fortunes.

I've been dying to see the lad be as good as people claim he is, but every time I see him play he either looks shit or dissinterested.

I never saw the Palermo game, how did he play that night?

It was the fact Roeder had made a big thing about it being Luque's chance, that he should show what he can do and show he deserves a chance. Luque played well, worked pretty hard i think and scored the only goal of the game. So Roeder naturally dropped him from the team completely when the lad might just have had a tiny bit of confidence and somethign to possibly build on.

You're over egging that a bit I think, he scored a good goal (but that was down to Milner's cross really), but other than that he wasn't exceptional (although he was far from rubbish either).

The thing is I can see why he's not shown his quality with the injury issues and lack of playing (possible a few of our players had similar issues last season), but it's his general disinterest that's his biggest problem IMO.

He just never looks like he wants to be here or play particularly.

You're over egging that a bit I think, he scored a good goal but other than that he wasn't exceptional (although he was far from rubbish either).

Reads like a description of people's over-hyping of Milner's season tbh

he has been treated like shit he was signed and has started six games in two seasons and scored i think three or four goals. he needs more of a chance i think he can prove to be a good player and if anyone can do it sam can.

Probably too far gone with Luque I reckon. His own attitude on the pitch wouldn't suggest a massive effort from him either to turn around his fortunes.

I've been dying to see the lad be as good as people claim he is, but every time I see him play he either looks shit or dissinterested.

I never saw the Palermo game, how did he play that night?

It was the fact Roeder had made a big thing about it being Luque's chance, that he should show what he can do and show he deserves a chance. Luque played well, worked pretty hard i think and scored the only goal of the game. So Roeder naturally dropped him from the team completely when the lad might just have had a tiny bit of confidence and somethign to possibly build on.

You're over egging that a bit I think, he scored a good goal (but that was down to Milner's cross really), but other than that he wasn't exceptional (although he was far from rubbish either).

The thing is I can see why he's not shown his quality with the injury issues and lack of playing (possible a few of our players had similar issues last season), but it's his general disinterest that's his biggest problem IMO.

He just never looks like he wants to be here or play particularly.

I never said he was exceptional, i said he did at least everything Roeder had demanded of him and warrented a chance to build on that. That was bad management and bad man-management from Roeder.

I agree his own seeming disinterest and lack of application hasn't helped Luque either though.