Underrated Players By Today's Generation

Tooj

Guest alex

Class. My Dad's mate once put him in his back pocket when he was still at Tow Law though apparently. This bloke was a canny player too like.

Guest Patrokles

Remember him for Sheffield Wednesday, and he was still pretty handy. Gutted when they lost both finals to Arsenal.

Waddle was class like, even when he lost his pace he was still a class act. Remember when he ghosted past Beresford and whipped in that peach for Andy Sinton against us. Proper winger. Just out of interest, I was never too convinced how true the stores about KK wanting to bring him back were. He took some stick for signing for Wednesday, but was it ever confirmed that we went in for him?

Guest alex

"Pelanty"

a fair assesment of a gifted footballer's career, his annunciation. :pray:

He's not an angel.

Edited by alex

I think only an idiot could underrate Chris Waddle. He was player of the year in France when Marseille were the best side in Europe, and in 1991 him and Papin were the key reason they made it to the final. I seem to remember him almost beating AC Milan on his own en route in the Velodrome.

A reason why he's not seen as high as he should by some Newcastle supporters is because of the "judas" tag, which was still around in 1993 when he came back with Sheffield Wednesday. I think Waddle could easily have won European Footballer of The Year in 1991, 88-92 were his peak seasons, and he deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as anyone. I don't blame him for leaving Newcastle, we were a desperate club ran by desperate withering old men going no where, and the change imprived his game still further.

Guest alex

That final was shit like. Lost to Red Star Belgrade didn't they? Who basically just played for pens for the whole 120 minutes. Agree about Waddler btw.

Waddle was class like, even when he lost his pace he was still a class act. Remember when he ghosted past Beresford and whipped in that peach for Andy Sinton against us. Proper winger. Just out of interest, I was never too convinced how true the stores about KK wanting to bring him back were. He took some stick for signing for Wednesday, but was it ever confirmed that we went in for him?

Aye, there was rumours of a £750,000 deal in the offing, but Sheff Wed had just come third in the top flight, won a trophy the season before, and Newcastle had done nothing for years and there wasn't a great deal of evidence that we'd definitely go up. At his age he did what most would do and went to Hillsborough. I remember at John Anderson's testimonial, Waddle played and the fans were singing "Waddle sign for us" but never mind.

Yes Alex, that final was shit, it's a shame because Red Star had it in them to play better than that.

Savicevic and Prosenecki (sp?) played for them didn't they? The former was class at Milan.

Aye Darko Pancev too who looked as good as van Basten for them but he was shite when he went to Serie A.

"Pelanty"

a fair assesment of a gifted footballer's career, his annunciation. :pray:

He's not an angel.

4. an act or instance of announcing; proclamation: the annunciation of a new foreign policy.

<_<

Pronunciation shirley?

either's good. :pray:

I always feel that pronunciation is clarity rather than a reference to getting the actual word wrong.

hardly important though <_<

That final was shit like. Lost to Red Star Belgrade didn't they? Who basically just played for pens for the whole 120 minutes. Agree about Waddler btw.

Was it not Stuea (sp) Bucharest :pray:<_< ?? I'm probably wrong, as the sands of time.....er....tend me to.....er...forget.......erm...what....

Ahhh, Wurthers Originals :panic: now you're talking :)

Guest alex

Was it not Stuea (sp) Bucharest :pray:<_< ?? I'm probably wrong, as the sands of time.....er....tend me to.....er...forget.......erm...what....

Didn't Steaua Bucharest beat Barcelona when Venables was the latter's manager? I'm not sure either btw.

Edit: Just checked and they did beat them (on pens).

Edited by alex

Didn't Steaua Bucharest beat Barcelona when Venables was the latter's manager? I'm not sure either btw.

Aye 86 a young Dan Petrescu (Fox Mulder) played for Steaua.

ps I never knew Gillian Anderson was English.

Guest alex

Ahhh, Wurthers Originals :) now you're talking :)

Aye 86 a young Dan Petrescu (Fox Mulder) played for Steaua.

ps I never knew Gillian Anderson was English.

I knew that but didn't know that about Dan Petrescu. Fox Mulder :panic: