Queudrue: Magpies move tricky

khay

Fulham defender Franck Queudrue admits a move to Newcastle United would be 'tricky' as he looks to leave Craven Cottage.

The French full-back is keen to quit Fulham, with Lawrie Sanchez hoping to recoup the £3million the club spent on Queudrue last summer.

Newcastle have been linked with a bid for the 28-year-old, although Sam Allardyce has played down any interest.

Queudrue is waiting for a firm offer, but the former Middlesbrough man accepts a return to the North East could be difficult.

"It would be tricky," Queudrue told Sky Sports News. "Nothing is sure, I am 100 per cent for Fulham at the moment.

When asked if he had handed in a transfer request, he replied: "No, I didn't, I just talked with the manager and that stays between me and the manager.

"The papers say Newcastle, but we have got no news from Newcastle, it's just speculation."

Fulham boss Sanchez reiterated he is prepared to allow Queudrue to leave the club, but has yet to field a concrete bid.

Sanchez said: "Franck came to me in the summer and said he wanted to move on. He preferably wanted to go back to France as his wife wasn't particularly happy in London and wanted to go to France.

"I said that's fine Franck if that's what you want to do, but since then there have been several other reasons that have come out why he wants to leave.

"I haven't had anybody come in with any sort of offer. If he is here come the close of the transfer window, like all the professionals, he will get his head down here and do the job that is required."