Boy sent £44,000 in eBay parcel

Besty

Police are trying to trace the owner of 65,400 euros (£44,000) mistakenly sent to a teenager who bought a Playstation Two for £95 on eBay.

The cash arrived in a box at the house in Aylsham, Norfolk, on 20 March this year instead of the games console.

The boy's parents contacted police and detectives swiftly arrived at the house and counted the money.

The police are holding the money under the Proceeds of Crime Act while the matter is investigated.

Magistrates have given Norfolk Police until September to hold on to the money before the case comes up in court again.

If the money remains unclaimed the family could potentially apply for it to be returned to them under the Police Property Act.

A police spokesman said: "We have until 22 September before we have to go back to court to apply for a further order if necessary."

Is it just me, or would anyone else not say anything? :razz:

I found a grand on my paperound once and took it home, was counting it out when my mam came in and saw it. Made me take it to the busies but I got it back after 2 weeks!

Where was your paperound like? :razz:

I found a grand on my paperound once and took it home, was counting it out when my mam came in and saw it. Made me take it to the busies but I got it back after 2 weeks!

Where was your paperound like? :razz:

Montague Court in Gosforth, Jimmy Nail and Shearer lived there at the time.

Was lying in a money bag at the bottom of the lifts, I actually left it there while I went up and did my deliveries, came back and it was still there I thought fuck it i'm having that.

Police are trying to trace the owner of 65,400 euros (£44,000) mistakenly sent to a teenager who bought a Playstation Two for £95 on eBay.

The cash arrived in a box at the house in Aylsham, Norfolk, on 20 March this year instead of the games console.

The boy's parents contacted police and detectives swiftly arrived at the house and counted the money.

The police are holding the money under the Proceeds of Crime Act while the matter is investigated.

Magistrates have given Norfolk Police until September to hold on to the money before the case comes up in court again.

If the money remains unclaimed the family could potentially apply for it to be returned to them under the Police Property Act.

A police spokesman said: "We have until 22 September before we have to go back to court to apply for a further order if necessary."

How's a teenager going to keep quiet about finding 44 grand?

After paying £95 for a PS2 he doesn't deserve to keep the money tbh.

He might have got some games and an extra controller though, let’s not be so hasty.

I could. :razz: :razz:

:razz: He could just keep coming home from school every day slightly more blinged up than the previous day. Imagine his mam opening the front door and him flashing her a grin with his gold teeth - "Hi mam, what's for tea? *bling glint*"

Bung his mam and dad to keep quiet

Guest Toplass-101

There was an article in the RonnyGill the other day about a taxi driver who handed in 1k he found in the back of his cab. It belonged to a lady who is expecting a baby, and had just got the cash to start up her own sarnie business to support her and her new family.

Quite nice to know that there are still nice folk in the world.

Not on the same scale like but, I found a fiver the other day outside or work, and gave it to the receptionist, she sent out an email round the building but nobody claimed it, so I put it in the charity box.

Its true I tell ya, I will go to heaven :razz: