Mort blasts Dyer treatment

Scottish Mag

Newcastle chairman Chris Mort has hit out at fans for launching a hate campaign against Kieron Dyer.

Unsettled midfielder Dyer has come in for criticism from some Newcastle fans as he looks to secure a move away from St James' Park.

The England international was booed when he came on a substitute in last weekend's friendly win over Juventus and he has also seen his house targeted by angry supporters.

Mort fears the anger directed towards Dyer could affect the club's chances of luring top talent to Tyneside.

"We have got to make all our current players and potential new signings see Newcastle as a great place to live," Mort told the Daily Star.

"It would be disastrous for the club for this sort of behaviour to be repeated."

Newcastle chairman Chris Mort has hit out at fans for launching a hate campaign against Kieron Dyer.

Unsettled midfielder Dyer has come in for criticism from some Newcastle fans as he looks to secure a move away from St James' Park.

The England international was booed when he came on a substitute in last weekend's friendly win over Juventus and he has also seen his house targeted by angry supporters.

Mort fears the anger directed towards Dyer could affect the club's chances of luring top talent to Tyneside.

"We have got to make all our current players and potential new signings see Newcastle as a great place to live," Mort told the Daily Star.

"It would be disastrous for the club for this sort of behaviour to be repeated."

Spot on, that's what these dunderheeds don't realise. They have trouble observing murals.

Says Mr Death, who lives.........

Probably because he doesn't want his property pelted with god knows what just because we haven't signed a left back.

:icon_lol: That's a very good point actually.

Guest James_coDurham

Not backing the manager with cash is more likely part of our struggle to lure talent, you four-eyed cock clown!

He's just worried about having to sell Dyer for less cash and losing £££'s, nothing else.

Dyer deserves all he gets (whether it's a good idea for NUFC is another thing), but Dyer's brought it all on himself with his behaviour here whilst pocketing a fortune.

I like Chris Mort. His name is almost identical to mine.

Welcome to Newcastle Morty, the minority of Space Invaders munching, zinc deficient, slopey foreheaded, smash up your own city, dickhead 'fans' will make your job a nightmare. I've got a not inconsiderable amount of sympathy for Shepherd as generally his mistakes were made trying to keep these people happy.

Welcome to Newcastle Morty, the minority of Space Invaders munching, zinc deficient, slopey foreheaded, smash up your own city, dickhead 'fans' will make your job a nightmare. I've got a not inconsiderable amount of sympathy for Shepherd as generally his mistakes were made trying to keep these people happy.

That's right, he was put at a considerable disadvantage by forty odd thousand of these idiots buying season tickets at the start of each and every season he was in charge. I'm sure other chairmen must have looked at Shepherd and pitied the poor bugger that plight.

Heard some nonsense in my time but come on......

That's right, he was put at a considerable disadvantage by forty odd thousand of these idiots buying season tickets at the start of each and every season he was in charge. I'm sure other chairmen must have looked at Shepherd and pitied the poor bugger that plight.

:icon_lol: Pwned

Agree totally with the four-eyed cock clown, the way this minority of complete dickheads behave just fucks the club over. Its not just about attracting new players but these retards forget some of Dyer's team mates will also be his friends and its hardly inspiring for them to see this kind of shit happening. But NUFC isn't actually important to them at all, acting like a prick is what they care about.

Four Eyed Cock Clown :icon_lol:

This whole episode is truely embarrassing though. I really wish these freaks would stick to the small scab on the city that has been allocated to them and not try to spread their scummy ways. Licence to breed really should be applied to some people like.

You're talking about something completely different. The MAJORITY of fans who pay their money, sit in silence at the ground and mock internet based campaigns for regime change (proper fans). I never heard one chant of sack the manager or board go around St James' while he was there.

I'm talking about the minority that made life tough for him, forced his hand into making decisions that he gets most of his stick for. One's that aren't happy unless you've spent £60M in pre-season, no matter who it's on.

Not saying I feel sorry for him, he's a big boy who took the job on, failed, and walked away with millions. I just hope Mort is able to resist the Geordie discontentment better than Shepherd and make good business decisions.

Pipe down poindexter.

Pipe down poindexter.

Don't get the reference. Soz.

You're talking about something completely different. The MAJORITY of fans who pay their money, sit in silence at the ground and mock internet based campaigns for regime change (proper fans). I never heard one chant of sack the manager or board go around St James' while he was there.

I'm talking about the minority that made life tough for him, forced his hand into making decisions that he gets most of his stick for. One's that aren't happy unless you've spent £60M in pre-season, no matter who it's on.

Not saying I feel sorry for him, he's a big boy who took the job on, failed, and walked away with millions. I just hope Mort is able to resist the Geordie discontentment better than Shepherd and make good business decisions.

FFS wanted to be a "hero" as much (or more) than he wanted to win things IMO, which was the root of a lot of his issues (along with what I'd pretty much call legalised embezzlement of club funds).

A chairman/owner that wants to win things but doesn't care about being a hero is probably more likely to win things but will also bring up negative issues with different sorts of behaviour.

Pipe down poindexter.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/1...ssages/480.html

Pipe down poindexter.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/1...ssages/480.html

Were you using it to sign off then?