songs that just 'do it'

snakehips

Devendra Banhart - This Beard is for Siobhan

Nice delicate acoustic fingerpicking develops into and a bit of a strum and then into a rambunctios life affirming outro.

A real good time, good time, a good time,

A real good time, good time, a good time.

:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Wellar- You do something to me

Led Zepp-No quarter, All of my love

Radiohead-Creep

Pink Floyd-Hey you

Muse-unintended

Travis-As you are

Embrace-come back to what you know

Coldplay-warning sign

Metallica-Nothing else matters

snow patrol-run

athlete-wires

U2-Lumnious times/one/bad/the hands that built America/october

Clannad-Lady Marion

Johnny cash-hurt

Quite a few i know, but each mean something to me.

Edited by Toonraider

Everlong by the Foo Fighters

Amity by the Gathering

Forty Six and 2 by Tool

Those three still give me goosebumps when I hear them, all for different reasons.

30003[/snapback]

The principle one being a total lack of musical taste. :D

Morrissey - 'Suedehead'

30011[/snapback]

Scott, you're teasing my musical taste yet you let Alex get away with liking Morrissey. There is no justice in this world I tell you.

30012[/snapback]

Class choon that Toadey!

Morrissey - 'Suedehead'

30011[/snapback]

Scott, you're teasing my musical taste yet you let Alex get away with liking Morrissey. There is no justice in this world I tell you.

30012[/snapback]

Class choon that Toadey!

30014[/snapback]

He's right Steve, you metaller. :D

Rock n Roll Star - Oasis. No other song get's me up for a night out like this does.

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

Pictures of Me - Elliot Smith

She Bangs The Drum - Stone Roses

Just Like Honey - Jesus and Mary Chain

Barcode Bypass - Mull Historical Society

Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths

Hurt - Johnny Cash

East Hastings - GYBE

Inbetween Days - The Cure

Queen Bitch - Bowie

Dreaming Of You - The Coral

First Day Of My Life and Land Locked Blues - Bright Eyes

Abel - The National

Alternative To Love - Brendan Benson

And John Wyne Gacy, Jr - Sufjan Stevens

And far to many more to keep going

Morrissey - 'Suedehead'

30011[/snapback]

30012[/snapback]

Class choon that Toadey!

30014[/snapback]

class choon indeed, i remember when it came out that i couldnt believe how good it was. Time to get the album viva hate out methinks ( although as its on vinyl I'll have to dust off my turntable as well)

Yes - McAlmont & Butler, the whole string orchestra bit just sends shivers when it builds up.

Broken Stones - Paul Weller, just one of those tracks that really holds your attention and for that few minutes nothing else ever seems to interrupt it.

Street Map - Athlete, personal reasons on this one but I bought the album and had it on in the car, the track came on and about half way through I realised it was totally relevant to what was going on in my life at that exact time. Then listened to it repeatedly for the next half hour or so. Still grabs me every time though.

Street Map - Athlete, personal reasons on this one but I bought the album and had it on in the car, the track came on and about half way through I realised it was totally relevant to what was going on in my life at that exact time. Then listened to it repeatedly for the next half hour or so. Still grabs me every time though.

30091[/snapback]

Isn't that a bit deep and meaningful when the truth is that you were trying to impress some lass by playing it so that you could get into her knickers? :D

30091[/snapback]

Isn't that a bit deep and meaningful when the truth is that you were trying to impress some lass by playing it so that you could get into her knickers? :D

30098[/snapback]

Technically, that was later on :ithankyou:

I was referring to the reason why it had to be that particular "knicker dropping" song for my exceedingly failed attempt at guitar playing :dancing:

30091[/snapback]

30098[/snapback]

Technically, that was later on :ithankyou:

I was referring to the reason why it had to be that particular "knicker dropping" song for my exceedingly failed attempt at guitar playing :dancing:

30099[/snapback]

oh yeah i remember you seeking advise about that. so i take it you didnt learn that song in a week, but did you still get a shag out of it?

30091[/snapback]

For personal reasons this song is very special to me too plus its a damn fine tune!