Test Match Special

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

We can still do it but so can they. Should the Aussies do it, what are the odds on Wellsy making a dramatic reappearance? ;)

31674[/snapback]

Whatever the outcome Wellsy can kiss my fat English arse! :lol:

Figuratively speaking of course.

Joke-but whatever happens now-if we do draw (and therefore win) we'll have done it having played a second innings so we won't have to listen to any crap about the weather.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that'll probably be overlooked a bit in all the emotion of the day is that it's Ritchie Benaud's last commentary in England. Absolute leg-end!

31688[/snapback]

Never a truer word spoken.

For me the term is devalued by overuse (noteable examples include his once be-poneytailed countryman Steve constantly using it to describe himself) but in Benaud's case you have to say he really is a genuine legend of the cricketing world

......as opposed to a delusional, Jared Ribecchi-a-like, comic book obsessed frequenter of internet message boards.

One thing that'll probably be overlooked a bit in all the emotion of the day is that it's Ritchie Benaud's last commentary in England. Absolute leg-end!

31688[/snapback]

Never a truer word spoken.

For me the term is devalued by overuse (noteable examples include his once be-poneytailed countryman Steve constantly using it to describe himself) but in Benaud's case you have to say he really is a genuine legend of the cricketing world

......as opposed to a delusional, Jared Ribecchi-a-like, comic book obsessed frequenter of internet message boards.

31693[/snapback]

So true, yet so funny :lol:

We can still do it but so can they. Should the Aussies do it, what are the odds on Wellsy making a dramatic reappearance? ;)

31674[/snapback]

Joke-but whatever happens now-if we do draw (and therefore win) we'll have done it having played a second innings so we won't have to listen to any crap about the weather.

31687[/snapback]

They can't use the weather anyway as it saved them at Old Trafford so at best that makes it one all helped by the weather.

At OT without the rain we wouldn't have had to declare, and the batsmen wouldn't have just slogged and risked their wicket for a quick total and we'd have had ages to bowl them out, so they got out of jail there.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

31674[/snapback]

31687[/snapback]

They can't use the weather anyway as it saved them at Old Trafford so at best that makes it one all helped by the weather.

At OT without the rain we wouldn't have had to declare, and the batsmen wouldn't have just slogged and risked their wicket for a quick total and we'd have had ages to bowl them out, so they got out of jail there.

31699[/snapback]

I agree, but I think it would have been inevitable they'd have mentioned it given that 1) its the final and deciding test and 2) they are horrendous losers anyway.

The fact is that now in this final test, by the end of play today there will have been enough cricket played for the Aussies to have won the match if they'd played well enough. So fingers crossed they dont and kudos to us if we pull it off!

Went round the girlfiends this morning to spend the day with her on her birthday, out for meal tonight then back to mine...........

........however, she's poorly & confined to bed, sick. She sent me packing bless her, so I'm sitting here by the phone waiting for a summons. Best she stays in bed and sweats it out, eh?

:lol:

Edited by Groundhog

Have to give alot of credit to Pietersen, Collignwood and Giles for their batting in the middle here when we were introuble.

Colly didn't score many, but defended one end and let KP score the runs getting us back into it, and Giles has done a great job with KP as well.

Expect the unexpected has summed this series up nicely.

282-7

Pietersen has has played a blinder. Making them pay for ballsing up their chances to get him out. Makes you wonder if they'll be a little sore about letting him slip through the net and ending up playing for England.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Great to see the King of Spain himself get a 50 against the aussies, well deserved, and Warne ending with 40 wickets for the series is absolutely amazing.

Warne couldn't have done anymore for his team and the way Lee was still giving it everything when the ashes are lost and he's gutted was impressive.

We've got them and deservd it, but the aussies have been outstanding in every aspect as well.