Test Match Special

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Even if Warne and Clarke do destroy the English batting, so what? That's the beauty of the game.

31530[/snapback]

Cock off. I'm fed up with losing the Ashes. The light is as bad as when the Aussies were offered it the other day, England have every right to take it.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Warne and Clarke do destroy the English batting, so what? That's the beauty of the game.

31530[/snapback]

Cock off. I'm fed up with losing the Ashes. The light is as bad as when the Aussies were offered it the other day, England have every right to take it.

31535[/snapback]

Agree, winning the ashes is what counts and the aussies set the standard by twice going off for bad light.

We'd all love to win the series by playing to the wire, but its a 5 game series and if the aussies arrive at this test desperately needeing a win then they haven't done enough, thats the way it works.

We should be playing NOW and not hiding in the dressing room.

31530[/snapback]

Oh aye, that would be truely beautiful. :lol:

If the situation was reversed don't think for a second that the Aussies wouldn't be "hiding in the dressing room" too. If they want to point the finger of blame at someone, maybe they shouldn't have taken the light on Friday night when England's bowlers were struggling.

At least Dan has some sense! :lol:

I've been watching cricket since the 60's so don't lecture me about not wanting to see England lose ;)

We have possibly the greatest bowler the world has ever seen trying to get our batsmen out and our batsmen trying to beat him - this is just what I want, not us sitting in the dressing room!

Yes, we're perfectly entitled to accept the light when it's offered but it's just not what I want to see happen. It's only my personal feeling, that's all.

The ICC will have to alter the rule about light back!!!!

At least Dan has some sense! :lol:

I've been watching cricket since the 60's so don't lecture me about not wanting to see England lose ;)

We have possibly the greatest bowler the world has ever seen trying to get our batsmen out and our batsmen trying to beat him - this is just what I want, not us sitting in the dressing room!

Yes, we're perfectly entitled to accept the light when it's offered but it's just not what I want to see happen. It's only my personal feeling, that's all.

The ICC will have to alter the rule about light back!!!!

31542[/snapback]

I agree with you on what i want to see the most. I would love to be watching us out there with our batsmen taking on Warne and looking good and earning the draw the hard way.

But what i want is to win the ashes and i'm prepared to sit here watching repeats of the other tests on the off chance Warne and co rip through us and we lose the ashes!

The light isn't getting any better, possibly worse and now the covers are coming on, looking like this could be the end of the days play.

But the game is far from over, with the pressure of the situation, on a last day pitch with Warne bowling and McGrath and Lee around, you just know there could be another twist to come with them getting out quickly and setting up a run chase.

But England would have no excuse for not taking the ashes now.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

McGrath got two in two balls early on and Warne has took two to add to the one he got yesterday.

31666[/snapback]

Last chance for him to do something truly great I spose. Vital he contributes if they're gonna make it happen.

Can't believe how this is panning out.

I knew there was no chance of a comfortable days viewing but christ this is awful to watch! And now the aussies are definitely favourites as things stand.

Warne is unplayable, McGrath knows its one last chance for him in England and Lee was getting up a head of steam towards lunch.

Pietersen, Collingwood and Jones have to do something special here against the kind of bowling they will be facing and the pressure of the situation.