enrique taylor rozenhal new guy

zoggy barton geremi milner

viduka owen

4-3-3

given

enrique taylor rozenhal new guy

emre barton geremi

martins viduka owen

Is that newguy and relation to Tuguay Laz?

Given

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozenhal

Enrique

Geremi

Duff

Barton

Butt

Viduka

Owen

4-4-2.

Why do people think Owen will play right wing? Just because he has/had pace? Owen is a worldclass finisher, so needs to be in the middle, he would be useless on the wing.

agreed. if owen starts i can't see us lining up in any other formation than a 4-4-2

Given

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozenhal

Enrique

Geremi

Duff

Barton

Butt

Viduka

Owen

4-4-2.

Why do people think Owen will play right wing? Just because he has/had pace? Owen is a worldclass finisher, so needs to be in the middle, he would be useless on the wing.

agreed. if owen starts i can't see us lining up in any other formation than a 4-4-2

Big Sam has come out and said that at times we will be fielding both Owen and Martins with a big man. Could be a 4-3-1-2 sort of thing. With the strikers playing a bit narrower than they would in a 4-3-3 but still keeping a similar midfield shape. With Viduka we have a forward who would be great in that role. Strong in the air for flick ons, and an eye for a pass and a deft touch. With everyone fit I can see us playing this way against some of the lesser teams, especially at home.

I think we know Sam will swap between 442 and 433. I reckon Viduka would be flanked by Owen & Martins in a 433.

Given

Carr

Rozenhal

Cacapa

Enrique

Milner

Geremi

Smith

Duff

Owen

Viduka

Given

Carr

Rozenhal

Cacapa

Enrique

Barton

Geremi

Smith

Owen

Viduka

Martins

Given

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozenhal

Enrique

Geremi

Duff

Barton

Butt

Viduka

Owen

4-4-2.

Bollocks. We'll play 4-3-3 away and 4-4-2 at home.

-----------------------Given

Belletti(?)-----Taylor-------Rozenhal-------Enrique

--------Geremi-------Butt-------Barton

---------------------Viduka

-------------Owen-----------Martins

----------------------------------------------------

-------------------Harper

Carr-------Cacapa-------Edgar-------Baba

Milner------Faye(?)-------Emre--------N'Zogbia

-------------Ameobi------Smith

2 XIs using 22 of our squad with Luque unable to get in =/ starting to look like a fairly decent squad if Belletti and Faye join. Hopefully with this lot and some luck with injuries we'll be in advanced stages of the carling cup and sitting comfortably in the top 6 come January =) oh, I forgot about Duff also, probably a few others as well, I need some tea...

Edited by bassplayerjj

-----------------------Given

Belletti(?)-----Taylor-------Rozenhal-------Enrique

--------Geremi-------Butt-------Barton

---------------------Viduka

-------------Owen-----------Martins

----------------------------------------------------

2 XIs using 22 of our squad with Luque unable to get in =/ starting to look like a fairly decent squad if Belletti and Faye join. Hopefully with this lot and some luck with injuries we'll be in advanced stages of the carling cup and sitting comfortably in the top 6 come January =) oh, I forgot about Duff also, probably a few others as well, I need some tea...

i like this team but replacing butt with smith and maybe swap martins and viduka around. Although we wouldnt have much on the wings