If we keep winning or not losing (more likely)..

Park Life

We don't play like Wimbledon though. But if we win, I honestly don't care how we play. We're not in a position to be precious about the quality of our football.

Why?

Because first and foremost we need to win football matches. We're not a Man United or an Arsenal where winning comes naturally and nice performances can be taken for granted.

I can't actually believe I'm having to explain that btw.

Funny, I was under the impression that we were unbeaten.

We don't play like Wimbledon though. But if we win, I honestly don't care how we play. We're not in a position to be precious about the quality of our football.

Why?

Because first and foremost we need to win football matches. We're not a Man United or an Arsenal where winning comes naturally and nice performances can be taken for granted.

That's not an impression, it's a fact. It's also a fact that I was responding to a question about winning football vs stylish football. Then you came along trying to be a clever shite.

Why?

That's not an impression, it's a fact. It's also a fact that I was responding to a question about winning football vs stylish football. Then you came along trying to be a clever shite.

So we can demand attractive football now then? with us being unbeaten that is.

Oh sorry, I didn't realise 4 games into a season we could start taking the unbeaten part for granted. My mistake.

Is that a yes then?

No. Because we can't take the unbeaten bit for granted. Do you see why?

Because we've only won one game at home?

Oh sorry, I didn't realise 4 games into a season we could start taking the unbeaten part for granted. My mistake.

Is that a yes then?

Can I put you down for trying and failing to be a clever shite?

This is like some sickness that is taking hold and the crew members on the spaceship are all in denial.

with the players we have a our disposal, i doubt very much we'd be able to emulate the fantastic football of a few years ago. look at the players we have now and the team of the mid 90's, we effectively during that time had everyone playing great football, this team will play effective football

looking at it as we have no playmaker (rob lee in the 90's) and although the defenders seem competent defensively and comfortable on the ball, we don't have a phillipe albert or john beresford to bomb forward (as nzogbia will probably play down the left when jose enrique comes through).

also if we did play that kind of football we'd be losing games 3-2 not winning them 1-0 in this league... things have changed.

This is like some sickness that is taking hold and the crew members on the spaceship are all in denial.

This is like talking to someone that's pissed on meths.

I can't believe you're bothering to respond to him. He's quite obviously winding you up.

Your failure to see this makes you just as bad as him.

You think I didn't see that? ZOMG that makes you even worse than me.

Is that a yes then?

Can I put you down for trying and failing to be a clever shite?

Do what you want, I don't give a shite.

with the players we have a our disposal, i doubt very much we'd be able to emulate the fantastic football of a few years ago. look at the players we have now and the team of the mid 90's, we effectively during that time had everyone playing great football, this team will play effective football

looking at it as we have no playmaker (rob lee in the 90's) and although the defenders seem competent defensively and comfortable on the ball, we don't have a phillipe albert or john beresford to bomb forward (as nzogbia will probably play down the left when jose enrique comes through).

also if we did play that kind of football we'd be losing games 3-2 not winning them 1-0 in this league... things have changed.

Actually Enrique coming into the side and Zoggz moving upfield will quieten my angst somewhat. Last month SA was saying that he likes a proper def ie def who can defend and that was to cater for setting up with a more attacking stance or something like that iirc. He is not the def bombing forward school I don't think for what he is saying and doing so far.

When we did play that kind of footie tho we had a very shaky def...I mean someone like Albert would just be laughed off the training park by the like of SA and Pearson if he claimed to be a def. :lol:

I undrstand that we need to be setting up with the idea initially of not getting beat, but I want to see more footballing ambition from the side in the near future as well.

I can't believe you're bothering to respond to him. He's quite obviously winding you up.

Your failure to see this makes you just as bad as him.

You think I didn't see that? ZOMG that makes you even worse than me.

That's not possible.

So cruel.