Alan Smith

Dr Gloom

I like Smiths versatility and willingness to do a job for the team

There are thousands of people who would be willing to do a job for us in midfield or upfront; however, 99.9% of them aren't up to the task. Don't let enthusiasm cloud your judgement on a player's talent; Smith is an average footballer and will never be anything more, no matter what position he's played in.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Laz made an excellent point in another thread: If we hadn't bought Smith, who would be playing in his place? Faye or Pattinson?

I like Smiths versatility and willingness to do a job for the team, although I think we'd get more out of him if he was up front or in the middle.

Nobody suggested we didn't sign anyone at all, just that the money spent on Smith could have been spent much better as he's offering us nothing.

Trying to push the point that we'd have to play Pattison instead doesn't make Smith a good signing.

Laz made an excellent point in another thread: If we hadn't bought Smith, who would be playing in his place? Faye or Pattinson?

I like Smiths versatility and willingness to do a job for the team, although I think we'd get more out of him if he was up front or in the middle.

The player we should have signed instead of Smith?