Fuel Protests

Chaser

As someone who drives a 75 mile round trip daily just to get to and from work, I resent the fact that it's costing me 2-250 quid a month just to get to and from work.

And yes, public transport is an option, but the combination I would have to use to get door to door and the number of hours it would add on my day make it an unfeasible one.

I don't know whether the protests are right or wrong, but I certainly don't enjoy how much it's costing me to get to and from work. Hopefully I won't be working in Teesside too much longer.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone who drives a 75 mile round trip daily just to get to and from work, I resent the fact that it's costing me 2-250 quid a month just to get to and from work.

And yes, public transport is an option, but the combination I would have to use to get door to door and the number of hours it would add on my day make it an unfeasible one.

I don't know whether the protests are right or wrong, but I certainly don't enjoy how much it's costing me to get to and from work.  Hopefully I won't be working in Teesside too much longer.

32059[/snapback]

Maybe you should have considered more than just

1) The salary

&

2) The number of days holiday

when taking the job

:icon_lol:

I don't know whether the protests are right or wrong, but I certainly don't enjoy how much it's costing me to get to and from work.  Hopefully I won't be working in Teesside too much longer.

32059[/snapback]

1) The salary

&

when taking the job

32061[/snapback]

Shut it! :angry:

32059[/snapback]

1) The salary

&

when taking the job

32061[/snapback]

He willingly agreed to work in Teeside, i don't think he gave things much consideration :angry:

32059[/snapback]

Could always move......or find another job! :icon_lol:

32059[/snapback]

32066[/snapback]

Jobs for high-flying financial whizzkids don't grow on trees you know? :angry:

:angry:

I drive over 130 miles a day to get to work and back, to a place where I didn't choose to work (The company I work for is actually based 30 miles away but I'm on contract somewhere else).

Fortunately I get part of my mileage paid for me, but in turn the client then gets charged more. So it's not just me who is affected by this, but the company paying for my services.

Having said that, I'm not really fussed about them :icon_lol:

32059[/snapback]

32066[/snapback]

Jobs for high-flying financial whizzkids don't grow on trees you know? :icon_lol:

:angry:

32076[/snapback]

But what about layabouts such as yourself? :angry:

Until the electorate accept that public expenditure has to come from somewhere and will be willing to pay more income tax then "stealth" taxes like petrol duty and tobacco duty will remain.

As for the tory shitbags who "demonstrate" I'd confiscate their cars.

Road hauliers scabbed their way through the miners strike, killing the odd picket on the way. Excuse me while I laugh at their "common good" platitudes.

32038[/snapback]

spot on

I think anyone stopping the distribution of fuel should be shot like dog in the gutter

32093[/snapback]

Surely they should be soaked in petrol and then set alight...and be charged for the petrol!

32105[/snapback]

Then shot, in the gutter.

I think anyone stopping the distribution of fuel should be shot like dog in the gutter

32093[/snapback]

Surely they should be soaked in petrol and then set alight...and be charged for the petrol!

32105[/snapback]

32108[/snapback]

Is that a euphemism?

Where do you work on Teesside Gem? Poor sod, I move away again on Saturday can't wait!

32090[/snapback]

Billingham. It's great. :angry:

And "old ginger bollocks"? :icon_lol: Tit. :icon_lol:

32106[/snapback]

Aye thats where my Dad works, one of the north's beauty spots :angry:

32093[/snapback]

32105[/snapback]

32108[/snapback]

Is that a euphemism?

32109[/snapback]

It is now.

Where do you work on Teesside Gem? Poor sod, I move away again on Saturday can't wait!

32090[/snapback]

32106[/snapback]

32110[/snapback]

Shithole mate. Absolute shithole.

Well id you LIKE working near an atomic power station a decrepit steel works, a crude oil terminal and a refinery Billingham's just the place I guess......

I certainly know of anywhere else in the world that has such a mixed set of ....... environmental disasters waiting to happen............

32090[/snapback]

32106[/snapback]

32110[/snapback]

Shithole mate. Absolute shithole.

32120[/snapback]

but..its got.. its got the forum

what on earth is there in Billingham for a high flying financial wizard?

err, i take it you work at Belasis Business park?

Just before you slag Billingham off, i suggest you drive (or walk) around the town (not the town centre) and see that it isnt all a S**thole. I live there and i dont live in a bad area, the pub i drink in is decent with a good mix of folk who have worked hard for their money.

Where do you live Gem?? I work in Durham at the moment and i have to commute but will be working in Sunderland once im fully trained.

Just before you slag Billingham off, i suggest you drive (or walk) around the town (not the town centre) and see that it isnt all a S**thole. I live there and i dont live in a bad area, the pub i drink in is decent with a good mix of folk who have worked hard for their money.

Where do you live Gem?? I work in Durham at the moment and i have to commute but will be working in Sunderland once im fully trained.

32367[/snapback]

There exist trainee programs in car theft? :icon_lol:

Edited by Isegrim

32367[/snapback]

Nope, I don't work at Belasis Business Park.

I live in North Shields so have the pleasure of the tunnel every morning and night too. When I'm having a go at Billingham I'm talking about the bit that I work in which I can assure you is a shithole - just off the A19 with that industrial hum drowning out all other sounds.

Fair enough if you live in a nice bit with nice people. The people I work with are local and are all sound too.