Some help needed..

WubbleUC

Reet, me and one of the lads are nipping over to Brisbane in July, to see our mate who went out there recently. We're prettymuch sorted flight wise, but accommodation is a bit tricky..

We're planning on staying for a month. Where the hell do you stay for a month, when you need it to be decent, but not expensive? We've both got family over there, but they're in Adelaide and Melbourne, so that's out of the question.

We'll be visiting Sydney and a few other places, but only for a few days at a time, and we need somewhere to leave our stuff aswell.

So, I reckon I'm asking a hard question here, but any good answers would be much appreciated. Cheers.

My advice? Don't go to Brisbane. Melbourne is the only place in Oz you really need to spend time in, we're better than the rest of the country combined. :icon_lol: Anyone that disagrees gets a :angry: placed on them.

My advice? Don't go to Brisbane. Melbourne is the only place in Oz you really need to spend time in, we're better than the rest of the country combined. :icon_lol: Anyone that disagrees gets a :angry: placed on them.

32517[/snapback]

Radioactive boy! :angry:

Couple of options:

www.wotif.com.au - great for last minute accomodation bookings.

or

www.brisbane.com.au

You are probably best with a self contained apartment, a bit cheaper and usually has cooking and washing facilities.

Or you can just go to Melbourne and sleep on a park bench outside the MCG!

Reet, me and one of the lads are nipping over to Brisbane in July, to see our mate who went out there recently. We're prettymuch sorted flight wise, but accommodation is a bit tricky..

We're planning on staying for a month. Where the hell do you stay for a month, when you need it to be decent, but not expensive? We've both got family over there, but they're in Adelaide and Melbourne, so that's out of the question.

We'll be visiting Sydney and a few other places, but only for a few days at a time, and we need somewhere to leave our stuff aswell.

So, I reckon I'm asking a hard question here, but any good answers would be much appreciated. Cheers.

32515[/snapback]

Don't spend a month in Brisbane mate. Get yourself up the coast to see some other parts of Queensland.

32515[/snapback]

Don't spend a month in Brisbane mate. Get yourself up the coast to see some other parts of Queensland.

32539[/snapback]

For a man who likes to take the piss out of us convicts, you know a bit to much about the place.

By the way wubble, alex speaks the truth - Cairns is an amazing place and in July you can swim without the worry of being strung to death.

32515[/snapback]

32539[/snapback]

For a man who likes to take the piss out of us convicts, you know a bit to much about the place.

By the way wubble, alex speaks the truth - Cairns is an amazing place and in July you can swim without the worry of being strung to death.

32546[/snapback]

Hey mate, I love Australia (even the locals are ok :icon_lol: ). You lot take the piss all the time though so you should know what it is when I do it, i.e. just a bit of fun.

By the way Luke, if you want advice on where to go in Queensland, I can give you some pointers on places to visit and things to do. Also, because of the time of year, it'll dry and warm (though still pretty hot by our standards) up in the Tropics rather than hot and humid.

My advice? Don't go to Brisbane. Melbourne is the only place in Oz you really need to spend time in, we're better than the rest of the country combined. :blush: Anyone that disagrees gets a :taunt: placed on them.

32517[/snapback]

I really, really, REALLY hate to say this but..........

..... I completely and utterly, 105.6%, agree with Steve :)

To hell with Brissy. Go to Melbourne. It ROCKS.

By the way, have fun in Oz. I think you'd struggle not to. LOVE that place!! *sniff* (still missing it lots)

My advice? Don't go to Brisbane. Melbourne is the only place in Oz you really need to spend time in, we're better than the rest of the country combined. :blush: Anyone that disagrees gets a :taunt: placed on them.

32517[/snapback]

I really, really, REALLY hate to say this but..........

..... I completely and utterly, 105.6%, agree with Steve :)

To hell with Brissy. Go to Melbourne. It ROCKS.

By the way, have fun in Oz. I think you'd struggle not to. LOVE that place!! *sniff* (still missing it lots)

33075[/snapback]

Melbourne is a class place but in July, I don't think so.

Luke, noticed your are back on so here goes:

Cairns as mentioned is a bit of a party place but it also is a great place to and visit the Barrier Reef from. If you are a bit apprehensive about diving, like I was, you can just go snorkelling instead. Cairns also has an airport and you can get really cheap internal flights. When I was there I used VirginBlue but Quantas' prices have been pushed down by the competition too. Just south of Cairns (100kms-ish) is a really nice place called Mission Beach where you might like to chill out for a few days. Closer to Brisbane you might want to visit Fraser Island which is the largest sand island in the world, it's well worth a visit and if you are there at the right time of year you can also go whale watching in the nearby Hervey Bay (you might be a little early though in July). Another thing I did over there was sailing round the Whitsunday Islands. It wasn't too expensive for two nights and it was a really good experience. You go to Airlie Beach to get to the Whitsundays and it’s another good backpacker/party sort of town. Another place I would recommend is North Stradbroke Island which is another large sand island. The advantage of visiting Stradbroke is that it gets far fewer foreign visitors than lots of other places in Queensland and it’s situated in Moreton Bay which is the bay Brisbane sits upon. Finally if you get the chance, you might want to check out Byron Bay which is another backpacker/party place which is about 100 kms south of Brisbane over the border in New South Wales. I’ve also heard Noosa, an hour or two north of Brisbane is meant to be really nice but I never got round to going there. Anyway, enjoy, I wish I was going with you.

If you are a bit apprehensive about diving, like I was, you can just go snorkelling instead.

33337[/snapback]

:):blush::taunt:

33339[/snapback]

I haven't as much ballast as some people :D

:D

Luke, noticed your are back on so here goes:

Cairns as mentioned is a bit of a party place but it also is a great place to and visit the Barrier Reef from. If you are a bit apprehensive about diving, like I was, you can just go snorkelling instead. Cairns also has an airport and you can get really cheap internal flights. When I was there I used VirginBlue but Quantas' prices have been pushed down by the competition too. Just south of Cairns (100kms-ish) is a really nice place called Mission Beach where you might like to chill out for a few days. Closer to Brisbane you might want to visit Fraser Island which is the largest sand island in the world, it's well worth a visit and if you are there at the right time of year you can also go whale watching in the nearby Hervey Bay (you might be a little early though in July). Another thing I did over there was sailing round the Whitsunday Islands. It wasn't too expensive for two nights and it was a really good experience. You go to Airlie Beach to get to the Whitsundays and it’s another good backpacker/party sort of town. Another place I would recommend is North Stradbroke Island which is another large sand island. The advantage of visiting Stradbroke is that it gets far fewer foreign visitors than lots of other places in Queensland and it’s situated in Moreton Bay which is the bay Brisbane sits upon. Finally if you get the chance, you might want to check out Byron Bay which is another backpacker/party place which is about 100 kms south of Brisbane over the border in New South Wales. I’ve also heard Noosa, an hour or two north of Brisbane is meant to be really nice but I never got round to going there. Anyway, enjoy, I wish I was going with you.

33337[/snapback]

Cheers mate, that's absolutely brilliant. I owe you beer.

I can see I'll be spending the next few months planning this one like!

If you are a bit apprehensive about diving, like I was, you can just go snorkelling instead.

33337[/snapback]

33339[/snapback]

33342[/snapback]

wet58654_small.jpg

"Ok it's been two hours since I've eaten. Can I go snorkelling now?"

33337[/snapback]

33339[/snapback]

33342[/snapback]

wet58654_small.jpg

33350[/snapback]

33337[/snapback]

33339[/snapback]

33342[/snapback]

wet58654_small.jpg

33350[/snapback]

Too much hair. :D

33337[/snapback]

33339[/snapback]

33342[/snapback]

wet58654_small.jpg

33350[/snapback]

33354[/snapback]

Baldist tbh

33337[/snapback]

33339[/snapback]

I haven't as much ballast as some people B)

33342[/snapback]

wet58654_small.jpg

33350[/snapback]

33354[/snapback]

Baldist tbh

33376[/snapback]

No Alex, i think your the baldest :D

33337[/snapback]

33339[/snapback]

33342[/snapback]

wet58654_small.jpg

33350[/snapback]

33354[/snapback]

Baldist tbh

33376[/snapback]

33379[/snapback]

And you're the shortest B)

33337[/snapback]

33339[/snapback]

33342[/snapback]

wet58654_small.jpg

33350[/snapback]

33354[/snapback]

Baldist tbh

33376[/snapback]

33379[/snapback]

And you're the shortest B)

33381[/snapback]

Not when you add in the height of all that hair i have on my head B)