Phone recommendations please

Radgina

K850i

End thread.

QFT

Can't get mine until December though :D

That down to your contract or availability??

Mine's still not turned up because they've suddenly decided its out of stock!! Why didn't they tell me that when I ordered it yesterday and then paid more for a 10am next day delivery??

Fucktards! :razz:

My cousin brought his along to the match last night. Fancy piece of kit. Gorgeous looking screen. I just couldn't live with that keypad.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am thinking of going with a Smasung U600 (?) or just the Samsung D900i ??? not sure yet gonna go and get it the mora :D

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/samsung-u600.htm

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/samsung-d900.htm

Looks like the D900 is the way to go.

Sorry, I never actually read the reviews. Stick with the U600.

K850i

End thread.

QFT

Can't get mine until December though :(

Mine's still not turned up because they've suddenly decided its out of stock!! Why didn't they tell me that when I ordered it yesterday and then paid more for a 10am next day delivery??

Fucktards! :angry:

My cousin brought his along to the match last night. Fancy piece of kit. Gorgeous looking screen. I just couldn't live with that keypad.

I'm surprised they didn't confiscate that along with your season ticket! :D

Oh and Radgi..... :razz:

Sounds like I've got them over a barrel though. They've already asked me what I'd like in compensation. shall I suggest 6 months free line rental?? B)

K850i

End thread.

QFT

Can't get mine until December though :angry:

Fucktards! :angry:

I'm surprised they didn't confiscate that along with your season ticket! :D

Oh and Radgi..... B)

Sounds like I've got them over a barrel though. They've already asked me what I'd like in compensation. shall I suggest 6 months free line rental?? :(

at the very least 6 months iyam .... :razz:

Radgina, if either of those Samsung's is one with a touch screen, don't get it. You keep putting people on hold every time the fucking screen touches your cheek when you're on the phone. Shite.

:D shit ...that's the U600 out the window then....looks like it's the D900i....

Radgina, if either of those Samsung's is one with a touch screen, don't get it. You keep putting people on hold every time the fucking screen touches your cheek when you're on the phone. Shite.

:D shit ...that's the U600 out the window then....looks like it's the D900i....

Tbh, I wouldn't go near a Samsung. Get a Sony or a Nokia and you pretty much can't go wrong. Anything else and it's too hit and miss.

:razz: shit ...that's the U600 out the window then....looks like it's the D900i....

Tbh, I wouldn't go near a Samsung. Get a Sony or a Nokia and you pretty much can't go wrong. Anything else and it's too hit and miss.

don't like Sony's I think they are too bulky and my last but one was a Sony and kept arsing up....I have had about 4 Samsungs and never had any bother with them ( till my lager decided to take it for a swim last week :D ).

What does the K850i do that the W880i doesn't and vice versa?

ASAIK, the K-series phones are the ones with a superior camera but standard walkman/mp3 abilities and the W-series is the opposite.

Basically if taking pictures is your bag, go for the K850i but if you're not too botherd and prefer a decent mp3 player, opt of the W880i

:D

As does mine.... (i think!). They've just left me an answerphone message on my work mobile saying the order can't be processed because its out of stock so i called back to ask why it wasn't processed yesterday when i was told they had plenty of stock.

They checked again and would you believe it, they've got loads of them. Then passed some cock and bull story that it'll be credit control holding things up until i pointed out that had been cleared yesterday. They checked sure enough, that's all fine and dandy! So I asked, "what's to stop you dispatching it now?" She replied by saying she'd set that process in motion with immediate effect...

I'm waiting on an email to say it's been passed for dispatch. And I am far from impressed with their organisational abilities...

I've got one of the Sony walkman ones through work W800i I think. I don't really utilise its functinality though. Prefer my ipod for MP3s and the camera's shite. I quite like the phone itself though.

As does mine.... (i think!). They've just left me an answerphone message on my work mobile saying the order can't be processed because its out of stock so i called back to ask why it wasn't processed yesterday when i was told they had plenty of stock.

They checked again and would you believe it, they've got loads of them. Then passed some cock and bull story that it'll be credit control holding things up until i pointed out that had been cleared yesterday. They checked sure enough, that's all fine and dandy! So I asked, "what's to stop you dispatching it now?" She replied by saying she'd set that process in motion with immediate effect...

I'm waiting on an email to say it's been passed for dispatch. And I am far from impressed with their organisational abilities...

Had a similar thing at the weekend when I wanted to trade in my Xbox 360 for the Elite version.

Phoned up Game and asked if they had any Elites in stock, guy says "No, they're limited edition" then (after being corrected by someone else) says "oh I've been misinformed, we have got some in". So I tell him I'll be there in 30 mins or so.

Get there and queue up, holding my original Xbox 360. Notice someone bringing out the new Elite for a customer, then a woman comes up to me and says

"Are you trading that in?"

"Yes, I want to get the new Elite", I say.

"Oh, they're limited edition I'm afraid, we haven't got any in stock"

"Well you had some in stock when I phoned 30 minutes ago, and that couple over there has just bought one", I reply

"Oh! Err... oh you better queue up then"

Finally get to the till, and what do I get? Yep, limited edition blah blah, none in stock. Then the guy asks the manager who informs him they've got loads in stock and they're all piled at the top of the stairs!

Customer service isn't what is used to be!!

Had a similar thing at the weekend when I wanted to trade in my Xbox 360 for the Elite version.

Phoned up Game and asked if they had any Elites in stock, guy says "No, they're limited edition" then (after being corrected by someone else) says "oh I've been misinformed, we have got some in". So I tell him I'll be there in 30 mins or so.

"Get there and queue up, holding my original Xbox 360. Notice someone bringing out the new Elite for a customer, then a woman comes up to me and says

"Are you trading that in?"

"Yes, I want to get the new Elite", I say.

"Oh, they're limited edition I'm afraid, we haven't got any in stock"

"Well you had some in stock when I phoned 30 minutes ago, and that couple over there has just bought one", I reply

"Oh! Err... oh you better queue up then"

Finally get to the till, and what do I get? Yep, limited edition blah blah, none in stock. Then the guy asks the manager who informs him they've got loads in stock and they're all piled at the top of the stairs!

Customer service isn't what is used to be!!

"Had me on the edge of my seat right to the end........a real pageturner!" - Gemmill, Toontastic :razz:B)

QFT.

Broke my K800i a few months ago and went for a Samsung U600 as a replacement, and I don't like it one bit. I'd sell it if I could get the camera to work properly :D

My story on customer service, seems like the right thread :razz:

Selling some shares. Phoned the company selling my shares and was informed they didn't have my details on the system, phoned someone else and they told me they definitely will so call them back, take a name etc... and get back if I still have a problem. So I call back about 30mins after the original call, take a name etc.. they now have my details on their system twice :D

Waiting for a letter giving me my options and phone them again as its a delay in coming, they don't have my details on the system! Tell them to check again *on hold* oh yeah they have them on there twice! Letter will be with me straight away...

Finally get the letter and send it back, week later and I call back to check.... They only received my original letter (the one I should have mentioned at the start of this thread B) ) on the 12th so it is still processing, funny that I spoke to someone on the 11th who confirmed 2 details on the system! Then they tell me they have only just sent my options letter yesterday, funny again as its the one i sent back a week ago!

Complete nightmare, been waiting a month to get rid of these shares and no doubt it will still be a few weeks yet!

btw I got confused by half of this post so you probably will aswell :(

Bastids delivered the wrong phone today....got to try again for tommorrow :D

Mine still hasn't been passed for dispatch. They've 'emailed' the warehouse for a 4th time this evening. I told the bloke that i hope he didn't mind if i didn't hold my breath..... he just laughed. Twat! :razz:

I then asked if anyone had ever thought of actually ringing the warehouse rather than emailing them? Apparently they don't have any contact details!!! B)

Amateur fuckwits and if they offer their profuse apologies to me one more time I'm going to scream down the phone at them and hang up! Don't fucking apologise, just dispatch the fucking thing!!!!