Martin Jol's last game

Knackers

Sevilla coach Juane Ramos has reportedly agreed to become Spurs' new manager at the start of next season.

Spurs reportedly met Ramos in August with a "dizzying" offer to replace the 51-year-old Jol at White Hart Lane.

That might well explain a fair bit of Spurs form tbf. Robson, Ferguson one their authority was undermined results plummeted.

Watched the game last night and when Getafe scored their winner Levy and another director were on camrea laughing in the directors box, bunch of cunts.

That Levy looks like a leftover from Auchwitz imo.

Blatantly been watching Schindler's Fist again.

Juande Ramos, the favourite to replace Martin Jol as Tottenham manager, has resigned as coach of Sevilla.

Sevilla director of football Ramon Rodriguez was in London on Thursday and it is thought he has begun negotiations with Spurs over compensation for Ramos.

Spurs reportedly want Leeds assistant boss Gus Poyet to assist Ramos, who only speaks rudimentary English.

According to reports from Spain the 53-year-old Ramos has agreed a four-year deal with Spurs.

Sevilla's physical trainer Marcos Alvarez has also tendered his resignation.

Ramos' contract with Sevilla had been due to expire at the end of this season.

"The now ex-Sevilla coach declined the possibility of giving a press conference at the club's training facilities," said a Sevilla statement.

"He has chosen his website www.juanderamos.com as a means of saying goodbye to Sevilla."

Ramos has led Sevilla to the Uefa Cup title in each of the last two seasons and into the Champions League for the first time.

It is thought that Ramos wants to install Poyet as his assistant boss at Tottenham but the Leeds assistant manager insists he has not been approached.

The former Uruguay international, who played for Tottenham between 2001 and 2004 told BBC Sport earlier on Friday: "Everybody is calling me and sending me texts about it but I don't know anything. I haven't spoken to anyone.

"I don't know if something has gone on between the clubs. I don't have a clue."

Leeds said they had not received an approach from Spurs for Poyet - and would not welcome one.

However, the club later revealed Poyet has been asked to stay away from Elland Road for the League One game against Millwall on Saturday.

BBC Sport understands the Spurs board made the decision to sack Jol before the 2-1 defeat to Getafe on Thursday but decided not to inform the Dutchman until after the game.

However, rumours about Jol's imminent departure spread around the ground during the match - which was watched by Rodriguez.

Jol said goodbye to Tottenham's players at the club's training ground on Friday and assistant Chris Hughton and the club's goalkeeping coach Hans Segers have also been dismissed.

Tottenham make Ramos head coach

Juande Ramos has signed a four-year deal to become the new head coach of Tottenham Hotspur, replacing Martin Jol who was sacked earlier this week.

More to follow.

BBC

Spurs may face 'tapping-up' claim

Sevilla president Jose Maria Del Nido says Tottenham illegally approached Juande Ramos and he plans to report them to football's governing bodies.

Ramos quit the Spanish club on Friday evening and was named as Martin Jol's successor at Spurs the next day.

Del Nido told the Sunday Express: "If Spurs wanted Ramos they had to speak to me, but they approached him directly.

"They have acted incorrectly and I shall report them to Fifa and Uefa to defend my rights."

The paper says that Sevilla are asking for £3.3m in compensation from the White Hart Lane club.

Leeds chairman Ken Bates was also unhappy about the way Spurs have pursued his assistant manager Gus Poyet.

Bates says he first learned of the news from a report on television.

"I was watching the Uefa Cup ties on Thursday when Sky told me my assistant manager was off to Spurs," he said.

"What's that all about?"

Spurs have also been criticised for their handling of Jol's sacking.

Jol says he only found out he had been sacked as Tottenham manager when his nephew Rob told him seconds after the 2-1 Uefa Cup defeat to Getafe on Thursday night.

Reports that the Dutchman had been dismissed filtered through to supporters at White Hart Lane, who chanted his name in support.

Jol admitted he was "embarrassed" that supporters knew his fate before he did.

He told The People: "The first I knew was when I saw my nephew in the tunnel immediately after the game and he pulled me to one side and told me what everyone else seemed to know already.

"So it is rubbish to say that I heard it before the game."

Despite that embarrassment, Jol denies he angrily confronted Spurs chairman Daniel Levy as some reports suggested.

"I don't have a problem with Daniel or the club because they treated me very well throughout my time there.

"I am going to have a few weeks off but I would love to stay in English football.

"I have a house here, my daughter is settled in school and we love it in England."

The whole episode has been handled in a terrible manner by the Spurs board. It's hard to imagine how they could have gone about things in a worse way.

Edited by alex

The whole episode has been handled in a terrible manner by the Spurs board. It's hard to imagine how they could have gone about things in a worse way.

It would probably have involved a Martin Jol sex-tape.

It would probably have involved a Martin Jol sex-tape.

Surely that would have been better.