I KNEW IT.......

Noelie

One thing about Zog at LB. How tall is he??? XXXL Sam is supposed to be against small full backs is he not? Zog can't be that tall, shirley ??

5 foot 1 or 5 foot 8?

Surely that's Martins ??

Shirley Martin's? Isn't she a singer? No idea how tall she was like.....

:icon_lol: That made me chuckle. :rolleyes:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....... the point is ,,,,,,, the bloke has sent the team out only 12 times, and yet people keep talking about these horrendous errors in team selection. 12 fucking times and everyone's an expert. It's a load of bollocks. He makes mistakes, I've said that, but I'm fucking sure that none of us know any better than him.

Only 12 times? for fucks sake Mr. Gemmill, if I tripped up over the doormat two or three times it wouldn't take it happening twelve times to know I should watch where I'm stepping, lift my feet higher, get rid of the doormat, or nail the fucker down so I wouldn't keep tripping over it.

Fact is, Enrique is a better left back than Zoggy, Zoggy plays best wide left. Milner plays best wide right. Beye is a better right back than Taylor, Taylor plays better in the middle.

How many times does Sam have to trip up before he fixes the fucking problem?

Nice analogy. Picking football teams is like avoiding tripping over doormats. If you can just avoid tripping, everything will be fine and you'll win.

No no no Mr.Gemmill, picking football teams is not like avoiding tripping over doormats. It's like a question of how many times you commit the same error before you correct the error of your ways and get yourself into a winning way. :rolleyes:

Sam brought in Enrique, Cacapa, Beye, Rozenhal, Faye, and possibly Geremi to strengthen our dismal defence yet he puts Zoggy in at left back. Goals against at home 8, goals against away 10, brilliant.

He needs to do something about that doormat before he falls flat on his face. :icon_lol:

Or perhaps it says something about how those players have reacted to the display the previous week, and how they have performed in training during the week that made Sam not fancy them in those positions in this game.

Just a thought.

Poll or no poll, a bunch of spanners on an internet forum have less idea than Allardyce what the best starting 11 is tbf.

Absolute bollocks. Roeder was slated for making poor team decisions. Now that KING Sam is our manager we should just accept it....shit. Whats all this ass kissing with Allardyce? He did well with one club now he is God.... i despair sometimes.

So you genuinely think you know better then? That's amazing. Perhaps you'd like a crack at coaching them too?

So you're advocating blind faith then?

No. I've said that the bloke is making mistakes, with N'Zogbia and Milner on the wrong sides being the most glaring of these. But as I keep saying and it keeps sailing right over the top of people's heads, the bloke has sent a Newcastle United team out onto a pitch 12 times in the Premiership. You'd think he'd been making these mistakes (i.e. experimenting with his squad, tinkering with formations, getting it wrong sometimes....you know, the sort of stuff a new manager that joins a new club and adds 8 or 9 new players to the squad is likely to do in ohhhh say the first at-least 12 games) for years the way some of you fucking experts are carrying on.

You try things, they don't work, you learn from your mistakes. But you don't necessarily just try them once or twice. If you think something didn't work because of a particular thing in a game, and you have faith that it can still work, you might try it again....maybe a couple more times. It's called trial and error, and I still expect there to be a fair bit of trial and error going on 12 games into a new manager's reign because I'm rational and realistic. I appreciate that some don't have this in their mental make-up though.

Good post, he dismantled and completely reassembled the squad, has transformed the entire backroom set up and is only 12 games down the line, i'm not expecting to be at 100% yet! He will be trying things and experimenting a bit and also he doesn't/didnt know how some of the new lads would adapt and how quickly.

However i won't defend any manager pissing about with our 2 wingers on the wrong flank, it does not and will not ever work as well as playing them on their correct foot/side. When injuries force it fair enough, when both are available play them where they belong.

And whilst he does need time and should be given it by fans and the chairman, i do think we could have played better away from home even this early in his reign, particularly when Derby were there for anyone to beat.

Guest Patrokles
....... the point is ,,,,,,, the bloke has sent the team out only 12 times, and yet people keep talking about these horrendous errors in team selection. 12 fucking times and everyone's an expert. It's a load of bollocks. He makes mistakes, I've said that, but I'm fucking sure that none of us know any better than him.

Only 12 times? for fucks sake Mr. Gemmill, if I tripped up over the doormat two or three times it wouldn't take it happening twelve times to know I should watch where I'm stepping, lift my feet higher, get rid of the doormat, or nail the fucker down so I wouldn't keep tripping over it.

Fact is, Enrique is a better left back than Zoggy, Zoggy plays best wide left. Milner plays best wide right. Beye is a better right back than Taylor, Taylor plays better in the middle.

How many times does Sam have to trip up before he fixes the fucking problem?

You seem to have forgotten that we actually won/drew some of those 12 games too. Terrible analogy in so many ways.

The Derby game was embarrassing and after watching them at the weekend i think we might be the only team they take three points off all season

Not Spurs or Reading?

Have either of them beat them this season? :icon_lol:

Gah, capital D, small D. I thought you meant the mackems game.