I KNEW IT.......

Noelie

Poll or no poll, a bunch of spanners on an internet forum have less idea than Allardyce what the best starting 11 is tbf.

Taylor at rightback ?

Barton on the wing ?

Smith in midfield ?

Subbing Owen for Martins leaving a fucked Viduka on the pitch ?

hhmm ok.

I forgot, you're good at FM aren't you? My mistake. I shall defer to you on all matters of team selection from now on. :calmdown:

EDIT - the point is Jimbo, the bloke has sent the team out only 12 times, and yet people keep talking about these horrendous errors in team selection. 12 fucking times and everyone's an expert. It's a load of bollocks. He makes mistakes, I've said that, but I'm fucking sure that none of us know any better than him.

:unsure:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll or no poll, a bunch of spanners on an internet forum have less idea than Allardyce what the best starting 11 is tbf.

Taylor at rightback ?

Barton on the wing ?

Smith in midfield ?

hhmm ok.

I forgot, you're good at FM aren't you? My mistake. I shall defer to you on all matters of team selection from now on. :calmdown:

EDIT - the point is Jimbo, the bloke has sent the team out only 12 times, and yet people keep talking about these horrendous errors in team selection. 12 fucking times and everyone's an expert. It's a load of bollocks. He makes mistakes, I've said that, but I'm fucking sure that none of us know any better than him.

Bollocks, whether he's sent a team out once or whether it has been one hundred times the errors Jimbo pointed out were glaringly obvious to the rest of us and he should've been able to see them.

Taylor at rightback ?

Barton on the wing ?

Smith in midfield ?

hhmm ok.

Bollocks, whether he's sent a team out once or whether it has been one hundred times the errors Jimbo pointed out were glaringly obvious to the rest of us and he should've been able to see them.

The point is, if he's still making those errors after "one hundred times", then you'll have a point. Until then, you don't.

........ He makes mistakes, I've said that, but I'm fucking sure that none of us know any better than him.

Well I think I do :calmdown:

And Jimbo forgot to mention he played Zoggy at left back, out of position, and not where he does best. I think the majority of us know that better than Sam. And anyway, why does he keep doing that when HE brought in Enrique who has proven(IMO) that he can do a decent job there. Zoggy is more of an attacking threat when he plays wide left than he is at left back. You don't have to be a nucleor-scientist to recognize that.

AND, to play Taylor at right back, out of position, when HE brought Beye in to play that position would indicate(IMO) that he's lacking some know-how. Beye has proven he is a decent right back whereas Taylor is like a loose cannon subject to misfiring.

Shall I go on? of course I will. Milner plays best wide right so why does Sam play him on the left? Sunderland's left back is not the fleetest of foot and Sam should know that and exploited it by pitting Milner against him. Milner is not the fleetest of foot either but he can get past people, more so when he plays wide right.

........ He makes mistakes, I've said that, but I'm fucking sure that none of us know any better than him.

And Jimbo forgot to mention he played Zoggy at left back, out of position, and not where he does best. I think the majority of us know that better than Sam. And anyway, why does he keep doing that when HE brought in Enrique who has proven(IMO) that he can do a decent job there. Zoggy is more of an attacking threat when he plays wide left than he is at left back. You don't have to be a nucleor-scientist to recognize that.

AND, to play Taylor at right back, out of position, when HE brought Beye in to play that position would indicate(IMO) that he's lacking some know-how. Beye has proven he is a decent right back whereas Taylor is like a loose cannon subject to misfiring.

Shall I go on? of course I will. Milner plays best wide right so why does Sam play him on the left? Sunderland's left back is not the fleetest of foot and Sam should know that and exploited it by pitting Milner against him. Milner is not the fleetest of foot either but he can get past people, more so when he plays wide right.

sshh. you're only allowed to say things like that after allardyce has been in charge for 100 games.

Like I keep saying Noelie, these are all things that he's experimenting with IN THE SHORT TERM. What is it with you people where 12 games of a season is like a fucking lifetime to you?

Absolute bollocks. Roeder was slated for making poor team decisions. Now that KING Sam is our manager we should just accept it....shit. Whats all this ass kissing with Allardyce? He did well with one club now he is God.... i despair sometimes.

Taylor at rightback ?

Barton on the wing ?

Smith in midfield ?

hhmm ok.

Yet, if ALL of us were the manager w/he'd realise that Smith was/is/and will always be a shit midfielder. Especially after 12 games. Get your blinkers off man.

Taylor at rightback ?

Barton on the wing ?

Smith in midfield ?

hhmm ok.

The point is, if he's still making those errors after "one hundred times", then you'll have a point. Until then, you don't.

If you stick your hand in the fire once you don't fucking do it again, you don't have to do it "one hundred times" to learn. N'Zogbia has been caught out positionally many times when playing LB this season, why?, because he's not a LB, his natural instinct is to go forward. Milner can do a job LW but it's clear that the team is more balanced with him at RW and N'Zogbia on the left wing. It's easy to say he's trying players in different positions but logic often dictates that certain players should not be played in certain positions, that should be equally clear to Allardyce as to the rest of us, but he insists on playing players in positions which are illogical.

Jesus reading this shite you'd think we were rock bottom of the premiership, scoring no goals, with no end in sight.

we've got over 2/3rds of the season to go, we've had our best start for I don't know how long and you fuckers STILL need to have a whine.

grow up and get some perspective.

I know today was disappointing but for the love of God we're not going to be relegated which was a genuine concern for the past two season, we've got a manager who is addressing the problems that plagued the back room staff, we've a chairman who says the right things and more often than not says nothing at all, which is a vast improvement and we've an owner who clearly will put the financial backing behind the manager.

Our keepers are sound, our defence certainly has the raw materials to be a very good outfit once they've grown accustomed to eachother and to the premiership, remember only Faye and Taylor have played in the premiership before this season, and neither one could be called "Experienced" at this level.

Our midfield hasn't yet been at full strength so no one, not even the tactical genius on here, can know what the best formation or selection will be. When it is full strength I have confidence in most positions, central midfield is combative, left wing is covered, creativity in the middle and cover or better for right wing is a concern, however. These concerns can be dealt with in the January window I feel.

Our strike force has changed almost weekly due to injury or necessity. When that is fully fit I think 2 from Owen Martins, Viduka and Smith would be a decent line up, certainly once we get a stable midfield able to create chances for them.

I think all of this hilarity is more about narrowly avoiding being beaten by our close friends the mackems, than anything else.

I've explained in another thread why Beye and Enrique were not played (imo) neither have the experience to play that sort of game at this sort of level whereas Taylor and Charlie have. Smith is probably the most versatile player on ours books and was deliberately used to snuff out the Jones worry, which he did to good effect also sweeping in front of the back four with some degree of command. Emre failed to provide the creativity that I think was expected of him (this maybe due to a lack of games or being a man short because Smith was dropped so far back.) and Barton was wasted out wide and still looks like he needs a couple more games before his confidence and drive return.

Owen and Viduka were left to scrap for anything that did finally manage to get through until they scored where upon we found (from somewhere) the guts to have a go.

Now Sam, in the post match interview, said that this was what he wanted from us from the start which indicates that perhaps the atmosphere and occasion got to a couple of players (Emre Barton and Milner iyam) only when we no longer had the fear of going one down (because we already had) did these players suddenly start playing as they had something to prove.

I think he experimented with experience today and got lucky, I personally would have played Enrique at left back and N'Zogbia further forward, I'd have player Barton and Smith in the centre with Milner out wide on the right. Owen and Viduka for 65 minutes, then brought on the fresh legs of Martins for Viduka or Owen depending on who looked the weaker and Emre for Smith or Barton depending on looked the weaker or more likely to be sent off!

but that's a 26 yr old bloke who's never played professionally, never mind managed at any level, who hasn't seen how any of the players have performed in training, who hasn't gone through hours of preparation for the game and who hasn't anything more than some ham-fisted logic to base those decisions upon.

Jesus reading this shite you'd think we were rock bottom of the premiership, scoring no goals, with no end in sight.

we've got over 2/3rds of the season to go, we've had our best start for I don't know how long and you fuckers STILL need to have a whine.

I know today was disappointing but for the love of God we're not going to be relegated which was a genuine concern for the past two season, we've got a manager who is addressing the problems that plagued the back room staff, we've a chairman who says the right things and more often than not says nothing at all, which is a vast improvement and we've an owner who clearly will put the financial backing behind the manager.

Our keepers are sound, our defence certainly has the raw materials to be a very good outfit once they've grown accustomed to eachother and to the premiership, remember only Faye and Taylor have played in the premiership before this season, and neither one could be called "Experienced" at this level.

Our midfield hasn't yet been at full strength so no one, not even the tactical genius on here, can know what the best formation or selection will be. When it is full strength I have confidence in most positions, central midfield is combative, left wing is covered, creativity in the middle and cover or better for right wing is a concern, however. These concerns can be dealt with in the January window I feel.

Our strike force has changed almost weekly due to injury or necessity. When that is fully fit I think 2 from Owen Martins, Viduka and Smith would be a decent line up, certainly once we get a stable midfield able to create chances for them.

I think all of this hilarity is more about narrowly avoiding being beaten by our close friends the mackems, than anything else.

I've explained in another thread why Beye and Enrique were not played (imo) neither have the experience to play that sort of game at this sort of level whereas Taylor and Charlie have. Smith is probably the most versatile player on ours books and was deliberately used to snuff out the Jones worry, which he did to good effect also sweeping in front of the back four with some degree of command. Emre failed to provide the creativity that I think was expected of him (this maybe due to a lack of games or being a man short because Smith was dropped so far back.) and Barton was wasted out wide and still looks like he needs a couple more games before his confidence and drive return.

Owen and Viduka were left to scrap for anything that did finally manage to get through until they scored where upon we found (from somewhere) the guts to have a go.

Now Sam, in the post match interview, said that this was what he wanted from us from the start which indicates that perhaps the atmosphere and occasion got to a couple of players (Emre Barton and Milner iyam) only when we no longer had the fear of going one down (because we already had) did these players suddenly start playing as they had something to prove.

I think he experimented with experience today and got lucky, I personally would have played Enrique at left back and N'Zogbia further forward, I'd have player Barton and Smith in the centre with Milner out wide on the right. Owen and Viduka for 65 minutes, then brought on the fresh legs of Martins for Viduka or Owen depending on who looked the weaker and Emre for Smith or Barton depending on looked the weaker or more likely to be sent off!

but that's a 26 yr old bloke who's never played professionally, never mind managed at any level, who hasn't seen how any of the players have performed in training, who hasn't gone through hours of preparation for the game and who hasn't anything more than some ham-fisted logic to base those decisions upon.

I can't argue with the post in general,and I know I've been spoiled watching some of the stuff that Robson and/or Keegans

teams served up.I just feel I would rather a team went out there to win as opposed to not losing.

But...but....Sam doesn't pick the team that I want him to pick!

Absolute bollocks. Roeder was slated for making poor team decisions. Now that KING Sam is our manager we should just accept it....shit. Whats all this ass kissing with Allardyce? He did well with one club now he is God.... i despair sometimes.

So you genuinely think you know better then? That's amazing. Perhaps you'd like a crack at coaching them too?

So you genuinely think you know better then? That's amazing. Perhaps you'd like a crack at coaching them too?

So you're advocating blind faith then?

How is it blind faith stating that he believes the manager probably knows better than us (due to the fact he works with them all throughout the week) and that we should perhaps get behind the team now and again rather than booing every other game as is the case if we do not pick up 3 points week in week out.

Where would we be now if we had adopted the "stop moaning, he probably knows better than us" philosophy with Souness and Roeder ?

I'm not advocating sacking Sam at all, but if you don't like the style of management, speak your mind !

How is it blind faith stating that he believes the manager probably knows better than us (due to the fact he works with them all throughout the week) and that we should perhaps get behind the team now and again rather than booing every other game as is the case if we do not pick up 3 points week in week out.

No one is saying we shouldn't get behind the team or start booing, it's blind faith because Gemmill is having a go at people for even daring to question the manager's selection.

Where would we be now if we had adopted the "stop moaning, he probably knows better than us" philosophy with Souness and Roeder ?

I'm not advocating sacking Sam at all, but if you don't like the style of management, speak your mind !

Whilst he probably should have gone in the summer it was the same boo boys who chased Bobby Robson out of a job and look where that got us, we badly need stablility.

As for the speak your mind, I agree. Though as the majority of posts as of late has stated its the boo boys at the ground I have a problem with. I do not see how it helps the team in any way, shape or form.

According to many in the Leazes end last week Cacapa is shite, Sam should be sacked and Harper is a lazy mackem bastard and thats just some of the nonsense being shouted.

When I saw Allardyce's starting line up I knew the best team was not on the field.

Any confidence I had in Big Sam was seriously eroded today.

Why he would start Zoggy at left back rather than Enrique escapes any logic. Zoggy is best wide left.

Why he would start Taylor rather than Beye also escapes any logic. Taylor is not a natural right back, Beye is, and Taylor is too ambitious in his getting forward leaving a hole at the back.

Why he again played Milner on the left I'll never know. Milner does better wide right.

Why he replaced Owen with Martins beats my imagination. Martins should have been brought on much earlier but for Barton. not Owen.

Am I the only one who is unhappy with Big Sam's team picks and substitutions?

no. square pegs in round holes at the moment. i don't think he knows what his best side is yet.

Agreed, and I find that disturbing.

I can understand why he doesn't know his best starting 11 yet. He only took over the squad about 12 games ago and has also added 9 new faces to it. Most were complaining last season etc we never had a big enough squad so he has tried to fix that problem.

Most on here change their prefered starting 11 week to week, its a bit ironic that Sam continually gets slated for the same thing. Confidence in his best team will come through games and what he sees on the park in competitive games.

You haven't got that time in the PL though, he should be making these decisions from what he sees in training