Allardyce has to stay

Happy Face

You look at the squad that was available at the start of the season .......................................

As bad as it is at the moment ....................................................

I've looked at the squad that was available at the start of the season, ...... I've looked at the players that Allardyce inherited, ................ I've also looked at the players Allardyce added to the squad, ....... and for the life of me I can't see how in the world of football we have had such abysmal results against teams at the bottom end of the table.

And for "as bad as it is at the moment" it is indeed BAD, and I believe that rests entirely upon the head of Allardyce who doesn't appear to have a clue in getting the best out of his players, doesn't have a clue about where they are better suited, and doesn't have a clue in making the right selections or making the right substitutions at the right time.

I didn't want him in the first place and I don't want him now. He's had plenty of time to sort things out regardless of what some people say. I think he's an arrogant egoist who incessantly chews like a cow.

Do you detect some anger in me? well so you should.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You look at the squad that was available at the start of the season .......................................

As bad as it is at the moment ....................................................

I've looked at the squad that was available at the start of the season, ...... I've looked at the players that Allardyce inherited, ................ I've also looked at the players Allardyce added to the squad, ....... and for the life of me I can't see how in the world of football we have had such abysmal results against teams at the bottom end of the table.

And for "as bad as it is at the moment" it is indeed BAD, and I believe that rests entirely upon the head of Allardyce who doesn't appear to have a clue in getting the best out of his players, doesn't have a clue about where they are better suited, and doesn't have a clue in making the right selections or making the right substitutions at the right time.

I didn't want him in the first place and I don't want him now. He's had plenty of time to sort things out regardless of what some people say. I think he's an arrogant egoist who incessantly chews like a cow.

Whatever you may think about him, rightly or wrongly, the idea he's had plenty of time to sort things out is ridiculous.

But maybe in a year's time Allardyce would have turned things around?

I don't know that, nobody knows that, but unless he's given a chance what chance has the reputation that our club has can be a positive one to others?

No chance. Therein lies the quandary that many cannot fathom.

Sorry Ken but I have to disagree, Allardyce doesn't have the skill ot tactics to turn it around. Just watch the man chew gum if you want to confirm how little is actually going on between his ears.

He will always only be a mid table obscurity manager nothing more.

You commented in your previous post that he inherited a shit squad, he may have to some degree (nothing like Roeder did from Souness) but since taking over he has brought in a lot of new players, got rid of the last of the shite and strengthened the squad in numbers.

Problem is it's the player he brought to the club that are generally under performing, so he can't blame anyone but himself.

And to be honest I think giving him and opportunity to spend money on his idea of better players is a waste because he doesn't have the ability to actually find them, let alone fit them into his team of tryers!

Mort and Ashley after looking at his 3 x 6m players must be shitting themselves waiting for his hit list filled with huff and puff.

But he wasn't when he resigned last year, or the year before that, or in 2005 or to lesser extent 2004.

Tough call and I admit I'd be happy if he could get us to any of the following positions this season but I'd argue 7th isn't good enough for Newcastle in the long run.

06/07 - 7th 56 points GD -4

05/06 - 8th 56 points GD +8

04/05 - 6th 58 points GD +5 (I'll give you this season)

03/04 - 8th 53 points GD -8

I realise this does nothing to support my argument to get rid of the clueless idiot but an interesting fact for Bolton is if you look at their points won from Jan 1 in the last season you get:

06/07 16 points

05/06 25 points

04/05 35 points!

03/04 30 points.

Regardless I still don't have confidence in him as a manager.

Ken to answer your available manager question:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=415831

I wouldn't class top 8 as mid-table.

Whatever you may think about him, rightly or wrongly, the idea he's had plenty of time to sort things out is ridiculous.

Not ridiculous at all Alex, case in point. From the day we lost away to Derby Allardyce had plenty of time to sort things out before they came to our patch and insure that we would get a win. Well he didn't and we didn't, and as Derby will probably go down he won't need time to correct that colossal boo-boo will he cos they won't be around next season.

There is too much emphasis on giving him time, it is quite conceivable and realistic to expect to see a marked improvement from the get-go when you look at what players he had available from the beginning. There appeared to be an improvement at first and hopes were raised but then it went downhill fast and Allardyce seemed to be short on brake-fluid.

Don't know how many points Derby have but I know they got 4 from us, 3 more than they got from anyone else.

There isnt half some bollocks being written on here. Here are some facts.

Allardyce has been playing regularly 7 or 8 of his own players.

The performances have been poor to put it mildly.

Formation has changed numerous times with no one settled.

A 6.5 million left back has been left out for no apparent reason.

Players are being played out of position.

Substitutions are as sound as the formation.

Allardyce has been a complete failure so far. I say this as all he had to do to get my support was improve on the shit we were served up last season. And the last fact is he has not. We are just as bad now if not worse than when we were managed by Roeder we still can't pass and at least we could shoot under Rodders.

But maybe in a year's time Allardyce would have turned things around?

I don't know that, nobody knows that, but unless he's given a chance what chance has the reputation that our club has can be a positive one to others?

No chance. Therein lies the quandary that many cannot fathom.

Sorry Ken but I have to disagree, Allardyce doesn't have the skill ot tactics to turn it around. Just watch the man chew gum if you want to confirm how little is actually going on between his ears.

He will always only be a mid table obscurity manager nothing more.

You commented in your previous post that he inherited a shit squad, he may have to some degree (nothing like Roeder did from Souness) but since taking over he has brought in a lot of new players, got rid of the last of the shite and strengthened the squad in numbers.

Problem is it's the player he brought to the club that are generally under performing, so he can't blame anyone but himself.

And to be honest I think giving him and opportunity to spend money on his idea of better players is a waste because he doesn't have the ability to actually find them, let alone fit them into his team of tryers!

Mort and Ashley after looking at his 3 x 6m players must be shitting themselves waiting for his hit list filled with huff and puff.

But he wasn't when he resigned last year, or the year before that, or in 2005 or to lesser extent 2004.

Tough call and I admit I'd be happy if he could get us to any of the following positions this season but I'd argue 7th isn't good enough for Newcastle in the long run.

06/07 - 7th 56 points GD -4

05/06 - 8th 56 points GD +8

04/05 - 6th 58 points GD +5 (I'll give you this season)

03/04 - 8th 53 points GD -8

I realise this does nothing to support my argument to get rid of the clueless idiot but an interesting fact for Bolton is if you look at their points won from Jan 1 in the last season you get:

06/07 16 points

05/06 25 points

04/05 35 points!

03/04 30 points.

Regardless I still don't have confidence in him as a manager.

Ken to answer your available manager question:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=415831

I wouldn't class top 8 as mid-table.

Maybe that's the difference between you and I skol?

20 teams in the league, in thirds it's 6.33 for the top, 6.33 for mid table and 6.33 for the bottom.

Quarter it and it's 5, 5, 5 and 5.

Halve it and maybe you can justify it numerically but anything outside a guaranteed European place, top 6, isn't good enough and Allardyce doesn't have that pedigree.

And I don't mean this season, that expectation is only one the pro-Allardyce supporters use to discredit the thought that he's not good enough.

Come to think of it, Wenger's name is often bandied around when talk of long-serving managers being the most successful. I remember watching Arsenal shortly after he took over and he introduced an unknown called Patrick Viera. He had a stormer and Arsenal were transformed almost overnight into a team light years ahead of the team Rioch left behind.

That might have been an exceptional case, but when a new manager of quality comes in you would expect to see at least some signs of progress, with a few blips on the way. We actually seem to be going backwards considering the squad is stronger than last year.

Come to think of it, Wenger's name is often bandied around when talk of long-serving managers being the most successful. I remember watching Arsenal shortly after he took over and he introduced an unknown called Patrick Viera. He had a stormer and Arsenal were transformed almost overnight into a team light years ahead of the team Rioch left behind.

That might have been an exceptional case, but when a new manager of quality comes in you would expect to see at least some signs of progress, with a few blips on the way. We actually seem to be going backwards considering the squad is stronger than last year.

Agreed. Hopefully, he can turn it around though im dubious his philosophies will get us where we ultimately all want to be.

Not ridiculous at all Alex, case in point. From the day we lost away to Derby Allardyce had plenty of time to sort things out before they came to our patch and insure that we would get a win. Well he didn't and we didn't, and as Derby will probably go down he won't need time to correct that colossal boo-boo will he cos they won't be around next season.

There is too much emphasis on giving him time, it is quite conceivable and realistic to expect to see a marked improvement from the get-go when you look at what players he had available from the beginning. There appeared to be an improvement at first and hopes were raised but then it went downhill fast and Allardyce seemed to be short on brake-fluid.

Don't know how many points Derby have but I know they got 4 from us, 3 more than they got from anyone else.

I agree with a lot of what you say and (as I should probably have said) I agree with a lot of your previous post. He hasn't had plenty time to sort out the problems at the club though. We came 13th last season didn't we? Clearly the club wasn't exactly in a great state. Seriously, anyone would need time, much more than half a season, even though other managers may have made some more rapid improvements on the pitch.

I agree with a lot of what you say and (as I should probably have said) I agree with a lot of your previous post. He hasn't had plenty time to sort out the problems at the club though. We came 13th last season didn't we? Clearly the club wasn't exactly in a great state. Seriously, anyone would need time, much more than half a season, even though other managers may have made some more rapid improvements on the pitch.

I would say at least to the end of the season before we can honestly say we know what he's capable of.

Personally I think Faye, Beye and Enrique have been good purchases.