Ex-NUFC players turned pundits

Glasgow Mag

Ok Shearer is probably the most prominent ex Mag pundit at the moment, but who else do you like and respect the opinions of?

Me - Gavin Peacock seems to have some insight, although doesn't seem to link himself to NUFC - more of a Chelsea expert.

I'm not so keen on Warren Barton, with his flashy pinstripe suits and bleached teeth - but really he's all show and little to no substance.

I like Peacock too, usually very reasoned and intelligent.

John Anderson usually has me reaching for the Valium.

Mickey Quinn is very pro-Newcastle but not very eloquent.

John Barnes ? pass me the sandpaper and varnish !

Agree with Peacock.

What Sir Les lacks in eloquence he makes up for in support for us.

Can I also take the opportunity to say how much I hate Brian Marwood and if we'd scored every time I've shouted "Mackem cunt" at the TV/PC when he's been on we'd be top by miles.

...and he's went outside his man...

Football pundits have their own tense.

I always like Sir Les when he's on, I think Shearer's a shit pundit tbh. He always sticks his thumb up to point at the pitch like he's hitching a lift.

Shearer is pointless as a pundit...he really is. Sitting on the fence might be sensible when you are on the other side of the camera but as a pundit, having an opinion usually helps.

Gavin Peacock is probably the best in terms of intelligence, but I have to admit I quite like Supermac

*prepares to be shot down in flames*

ok he's an arsehole, and wrong a lot of the time I admit, but he isn't scared to voice an opinion. and that's what it's all about lads.