Shearer rules out Newcastle job

Matty

Shearer rules out Newcastle job

Sources close to Alan Shearer have confirmed to the BBC this evening that he is extremely unlikely to be the next manager of Newcastle.

Shearer says he is currently very happy with his job on Match of the Day.

The former England captain, who played for the Magpies for nearly 10 years and ended his career at St James' Park, had been strongly linked with the post.

Newcastle are beginning the hunt for their seventh manager in 11 years after the departure of Sam Allardyce.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7180147.stm

I'm a bit annoyed at that actually, I don't think we're ever going to go anywhere until shearer has had his go as manager and I'd really rather that be sooner rather than later

I'm a bit annoyed at that actually, I don't think we're ever going to go anywhere until shearer has had his go as manager and I'd really rather that be sooner rather than later

So because of this you think he should take the job even if he really doesn't want it?

So because of this you think he should take the job even if he really doesn't want it?

you're putting words in my mouth, now we're going to get another manager who, if they don't instantly do well, will get sacked because Shearer is going to return and win the league the fa cup and the champions league (even thought we're not in it) in one season and everything will be alright

I don't think we're ever going to have stability until he's had his turn so, as I said, I'd rather him come in sooner rather than later and get it over with

Thats the media talking that like. Read it a few times and personally think its absolute rubbish. The sooner fans get it out of their head that there is no other option the better.