betting

JaMoUsE

I think the next 48 hours is the last time to back Newcastle to win the league. We are 3/1 to win it now, WBA are 2/1. I think we'll win our next two quite comfortably, WBA are away to PNE and Barnsley. PNE are great at home in the league, and Barnsley will be desperate for a result under their new manager. Even if WBA got a point out of those games we'd be on 28 and them on 21 come Saturday team time. Surely we'd be odds on under those likely circumstances to win the league?

Man City 4/9 shit price, but absolute certainties. Get them in a double of treble if you can as I have with Spain U20s.

As I said in the space of 90 minutes, Newcastle 7/4 and WBA 3/1. We'll come in further when we win tonight and even further still on Saturday.

I took your advice and stuck a few bob on us yesterday @ 3-1.

Good mate. I'm sure you'll win some money. I keep looking at the table thinking surely someone is going to fuck us over soon, then it hit me in a conversation with a mate the other night. "We've got two hard games on the horizon, Sheff Utd and Forest away". It hit me that these are classed as two of the hardest games we have to play, and on paper we should get at the very least four points from the two games. I don't see anyone good enough to put 10 wins in a row together, they're largely much of a muchness and I'm completely comfortable with our title prospects.

Edited by Stevie

I was quite surprised at the odds when you mentioned them as I thought we'd be nearer what we now are, i.e. 2-1 / 7-4. Perfect timing as well with last night's results. Put it this way, if it comes in, I'll owe you several pints :lol:

CSKA vs Besiktas

Home win with a good chance of a clean sheet for CSKA. They've scored 9 and conceded 1 in their last four home games.

2/1 for their star player Alan Dzagoev to score anytime aswell.

CSKA vs Besiktas

Home win with a good chance of a clean sheet for CSKA. They've scored 9 and conceded 1 in their last four home games.

2/1 for their star player Alan Dzagoev to score anytime aswell.

He scored and they won...

which online bookies do you guys use?

I quite like using William Hill because you can collect the winnings in one of their shops (which is always better then it just going into your account) although the stake goes back into your account for security reasons and there's a William Hill near where I live. They're a bit tight with their odds though I think. Don't really gamble that much anyway though.

Guest Stevie
which online bookies do you guys use?

I quite like using William Hill because you can collect the winnings in one of their shops (which is always better then it just going into your account) although the stake goes back into your account for security reasons and there's a William Hill near where I live. They're a bit tight with their odds though I think. Don't really gamble that much anyway though.

Notoriously the most stingey betting firm around.

Are there any others that let you collect the winnings in their shops now btw? I just think it's crap when it just goes straight back into your account as it just gets lost in all the incomings and outgoings if you know what I mean.

Are there any others that let you collect the winnings in their shops now btw? I just think it's crap when it just goes straight back into your account as it just gets lost in all the incomings and outgoings if you know what I mean.

Can you not go to Ladbrokes and collect your winnings

Dunno, that's why I'm asking :icon_lol: But you didn't used to be able to and they're just as tight anyway, plus there's not one near me. I've got an account with them but I haven't used it in ages. Had a look into it with BetFred but you have to make the deposit (for your online account) in the shop you want to collect the winnings from. :D What's the point in that? You might as well just place a normal bet there.

Guest Stevie

Aye I think you can, and every bet you place in LB, you have a red card and they swipe it, and when you've bet over a certain amount they credit your account with free bets? Something like that.

I'm currently having a disagreement with Victor Chandler. I stuck 100 quid on Kinnear in February to be next manager to go but they haven't paid out despite other bookies doing so. I thought it was fair enough seeing as Shearer was only interim manager and Kinnear may return but since he hasn't I thought it was worth a try at attempting to get something from them, they're not playing dice.

BATE and Basel are good value tonight, as were Wolfsburg and FC Zurich yesterday, and Fiorentina on Tuesday.

Glad I didn't go with this one. :D

I tend to use Bet365 btw.

BATE and Basel are good value tonight, as were Wolfsburg and FC Zurich yesterday, and Fiorentina on Tuesday.

Glad I didn't go with this one. :D

I tend to use Bet365 btw.

BATE's early lead shows that they were better than the price would have you believe. Basel were shit, though.

• 3 weeks later...