I don't care who we appoint.

Guest James_coDurham

The Big Sam Out brigade resorting to personal attacks on the topic poster trying to hide their own patheticness :razz:

I can't help it if you're an easy target and if I didn't point out what a loser you are before wacky got here where would be the fun in that?

By the way to answer your question, the otherside of the world and I bet I've been to more toon matches than your mum has let you have all day suckers, little girl. :icon_lol:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But we're not fucking Liverpool! We're a fucking joke club that hasn't won a trophy in nearly 40 years!

So whoever we appoint must have the ability to transform us into a gung-ho attacking side within a short period or be sacked? Who has that ability? Do the fans that demand this kind of football from a manager, almost instantly, care if we lose as long as it's not dull? Rather give a dull manager time in the hope of long term results, myself.

I meant wanting to win every game is not a bad starting point - something Allardyce failed to realise.

I don't expect "gung-ho attacking" - as I've said elsewhere I want football combined with practical ruthlessness - I don't know who would bring it but my opinions are fuelled by a certainty that Allardyce wouldn't have.

I don't see how the fans got Big Sam out and I was one of the ones who was fairly disgusted with those singing 'you don't know what you're doing' at the Liverpool match. This was down to the owner and only the owner as far as I can see. And I don't buy this 'laughing stock' stuff on this occasion. I suppose Spurs are a laughing stock for appointing Ramos and getting rid of Jol in the way they did? Thought not

It's not remotely contradictory. I, as a proud owner of a brain, was quite happy to let the manager build his team over a prolonged period with these players. I'm quite aware that these players won't have us high flying to the dizzy heights of the Champions League final any time soon. My point being that these players we brought in by Sam to help him towards his long term goals. These aren't the kind of players that are going to deliver the instant success that our jokefans seem to demand, so a new manager with these players, regardless of who it is, class or mediocre, won't be able to deliver this instant success and will be under the kosh straight away.

But I don't see how signing players like Smith would have helped him to his long term goals. Alan Smith is a decent player but he wouldn't get a regular game at a top 5/6 team which is where the aspirations/long term goals should be for your club.

I could understand Keane signing somebody like Smith as his 'goals' are different, avoiding relegation. To me, NUFC were never in danger of that so the goals should be to challenge the top 4 and players like Smithy won't help to do that.

It's not remotely contradictory. I, as a proud owner of a brain, was quite happy to let the manager build his team over a prolonged period with these players. I'm quite aware that these players won't have us high flying to the dizzy heights of the Champions League final any time soon. My point being that these players we brought in by Sam to help him towards his long term goals. These aren't the kind of players that are going to deliver the instant success that our jokefans seem to demand, so a new manager with these players, regardless of who it is, class or mediocre, won't be able to deliver this instant success and will be under the kosh straight away.

But I don't see how signing players like Smith would have helped him to his long term goals. Alan Smith is a decent player but he wouldn't get a regular game at a top 5/6 team which is where the aspirations/long term goals should be for your club.

I could understand Keane signing somebody like Smith as his 'goals' are different, avoiding relegation. To me, NUFC were never in danger of that so the goals should be to challenge the top 4 and players like Smithy won't help to do that.

Good insightful comments those.

We need stability. The only time I would of sacked BSA was if we were fighting relegation.

That's the only time I'd have advocated sacking him, but now it's been done I'm over the moon to have been put out of my misery.

Morshley has made a tough, unpopular decision because they're in the position to do so.

They'll live or die by that decision, not the fans.

Praise the lord someone who could see the problems of Allardyce and what he wanted to build.

And he isn't even a Newcastle fan!

Thank you FCUM and it's over and out for you our little james blunt groupie.

IIRC you were quite optimistic about Smith's impact at Newcastle. :icon_lol:

Because whoever it is will be unable to lose a game without being booed and there being calls for him to be sacked.

There's a large section of our support, Jimbo included, that are fucking tedious and as long as they are being heard, our club will continue to be a joke.

Sacking big Sam is just pathetic.

But even if we got someone like Jose, would He be able to take a squad containing Alan Smith and Joey Barton to instant success without buying it like he did at Chelsea? No, chances are he'd lose a few games before he got anywhere. Nobody we appoint will be safe from the vicious circle caused by the joke fans. Fuck me, no wonder we're laughed at.

But is that not just a little bit contradictory............. It was Allardyce that signed these players!

I'm not sure that non NUFC fans think it's quite the joke that many of you seem to. Obviously it goes without saying that the next appointment is critical in this light. The managerial merry go round during Freddie's reign was a bit of a joke IMO, particularly the sacking of Sir Bobby. Yes, he was struggling with the discipline side of things with some of the tossers but surely giving him a 'proper' assistant could have solved that. Sometimes 'tinkering' is far preferable to sacking. One of the geatest managers around, Fergie, is practically useless without a decent coach alongside him ala Kidd, McClaren, Queiroz. Yet those same good coaches have, by and large, struggled as managers in their own right. It ain't just the manager, you have to tinker around to get the right team in place that can help offset some of the manager's weaknesses.

Everybody realises that Sam wasn't the appointment of the new board so a new era can start now. They obviously need to find 'their' man, agree the long term strategy and give him time to deliver. Another short term appointment by this board will be seen as a joke.

A far bigger 'joke' IMO is the Chairman's decision to don his shirt and sit with the supporters. He needs to be seen as the succesful businessman he is and not as a 'supporter' following their whims.

Crock of Elephant SHIT!

Does it matter what fucking clothes he is wearing?

IIRC you were quite optimistic about Smith's impact at Newcastle. :icon_lol:

In the short term I was but not really in the long term. I did think he would provide a better partner up front for Owen than anybody else you had. For various reasons (mainly Owen) that's not been given much of a chance.

Crock of Elephant SHIT!

Just my opinion but yes, I think it does.

I think 'image' is very important in attracting the calibre of manager you want. To me this sends out a message of following the whims of the fans and I'm not sure that will appeal to a lot of managers.

Crock of Elephant SHIT!

I think 'image' is very important in attracting the calibre of manager you want. To me this sends out a message of following the whims of the fans and I'm not sure that will appeal to a lot of managers.

He may wear a suit all week and the weekend is him chilling out. Just because you dont see him during the week doesnt me he is your stereotypical business man. It could send a message to the managers as "wow, he's down to earth"

Crock of Elephant SHIT!

that's nowt a large wad of money can't fix is it?

Mourinho never shaved, so how would that effect a chairman wanting to hire him perception of him?

It's 2008 not 1955 (but image if it was we're going to win the fa cup!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Not quite the same thing, Sammy.

I'm talking about creating an image that he'll follow the whims of the supporters which I think will be counter-productive in the search for a new manager.

Then again, probably it's just me that's gets this 'image' from his actions and nobody else.

Mourinho never shaved, so how would that effect a chairman wanting to hire him perception of him?

It's 2008 not 1955 (but image if it was we're going to win the fa cup!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Not quite the same thing, Sammy.

I'm talking about creating an image that he'll follow the whims of the supporters which I think will be counter-productive in the search for a new manager.

Then again, probably it's just me that's gets this 'image' from his actions and nobody else.

Maybe but he's not the chairman.

And honestly how is it any worse than Learner putting out a press release that he has the villa badge tattooed on his ankle?

Well this is something I was unaware of and gives me some hope.....

....McClaren appears to be a very remote prospect after Newcastle owner Mike Ashley quipped last month that the former Boro manager was "there with the ex-wife on the 'Do not get a Christmas card' list".....

Now...just Mark Hughes to get of the list somehow... :icon_lol:

Guest James_coDurham
I don't see how the fans got Big Sam out and I was one of the ones who was fairly disgusted with those singing 'you don't know what you're doing' at the Liverpool match. This was down to the owner and only the owner as far as I can see. And I don't buy this 'laughing stock' stuff on this occasion. I suppose Spurs are a laughing stock for appointing Ramos and getting rid of Jol in the way they did? Thought not

And sitting with the Fans wearing a replica shirt, listening to what they're saying had no influence on Ashley?

And sitting with the Fans wearing a replica shirt, listening to what they're saying had no influence on Ashley?

Why sack him now then? Surely he would have gone after the Liverpool match. It might have been a small factor though.

Guest James_coDurham

Why sack him now then? Surely he would have gone after the Liverpool match. It might have been a small factor though.

Prolonged whinging as opposed to immediate kneejerk was what convinced him?

Crock of Elephant SHIT!

He may wear a suit all week and the weekend is him chilling out. Just because you dont see him during the week doesnt me he is your stereotypical business man. It could send a message to the managers as "wow, he's down to earth"

He wears jeans and t-shirts for business meetings.

Prolonged whinging as opposed to immediate kneejerk was what convinced him?

Possibly. I can see your reasoning but I don't really agree. I certainly hope you're wrong otherwise it doesn't bode well for the future, does it? Even if you are right, being slightly pedantic :icon_lol: , it's still the owner's fault if he's that easily swayed. At various times in recent years fans at other clubs have called for the sacking of their managers - even Ferguson during the season he was supposedly going to quit at the end of - that doesn't make it right though.

Given his reputation as a shrewd businessman, I'd be very surprised if Ashley allowed his decision to be led by what a small area of the crowd were chanting. He gives the impression that he's very much the boss and I'm pretty sure he'll have not allowed himself to be pushed around by the minorities in the businesses he's acquired over the years.

As Alex said, had it been purely on account of the fans reaction, he'd have gone very soon after that event. Suggesting otherwise I can only see as a view of vindication from those who got vocal about getting him removed.

I too was absolutely disgusted that it was being chanted. We were getting creamed on the pitch and rather than get behind the team (something in the past that Newcastle fans ALWAYS did), some of them turned on them.

Guest Patrokles
I, as a proud owner of a brain

GOLD

:icon_lol::razz::icon_lol::(:D

:blush:^_^:o;):razz:

:razz: :razz: :D:icon_lol::wub:

:rose::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: