Why exactly was Sam sacked?

RlCO

I think performances over the Christmas period and the Barton affair had weakend his position but there must have been a final straw which I can only think can have come in terms of Allardyce's transfer targets being very different from the boards or a manager they really wanted given them the nod.

Hopefully it's a bit of both because if SA was coming to Mort saying I need £10m to spend on Nolan, Diarra and some no marks from the Portugese league instead of saying we need to get some creativity into the team, it should have sounded some alarm bells ringing with Mort and Ashley deciding that rather than wasting some money on Allardyce they can give it and a lot more to a new guy who they belive in and they are confident of getting.

Hey what I said, no what he said that was just like what I said!

Could they not have figured that would probably be his m.o. considering the wealth of example at Bolton? Why now? He has raved about Nolan for years, if they were surprised by that they want shooting.

To be honest I think like a lot of fans they thought he probably deserved his chance and it was their job to give it to him, people change allegedly.

I also think whether the story rumour is true or not, they might of come to the realisation it wasn't working and that there are better managers out there and available.

So as the first response to your topic said, a bit of list a and a bit of list b and Nolan just broke the camel's back.

If it's a gradual decision after giving Sam a chance it makes no sense to do it right now, how many decent managers are available in January? I would have thought being given a chance/decent amount of time is at least a season, and certainly not the shortest reign of a Toon manager in history. Look at all the other clubs that have fired their managers, all bar Chelsea were in serious risk of relegation. Were we?

To add to the obvious reasons, i.e., wasting money on twats like Barton, poor selections, dire football etc, there are the fans to consider as well. At the end of the day they pay the wages and buy the shirts. How many would keep stumping up hard earned cash to watch that shite?

It's all just speculation but if a decision has been reached then why pussyfoot around?

To add to the obvious reasons, i.e., wasting money on twats like Barton, poor selections, dire football etc, there are the fans to consider as well. At the end of the day they pay the wages and buy the shirts. How many would keep stumping up hard earned cash to watch that shite?

It's all just speculation but if a decision has been reached then why pussyfoot around?

Of all clubs in the Premiership, NUFC is the least at risk of a fan revolt (in terms of staying away rather than turning up and booing). Look at the 'cup winners' boro for a start.

Of all clubs in the Premiership, NUFC is the least at risk of a fan revolt (in terms of staying away rather than turning up and booing). Look at the 'cup winners' boro for a start.

Good businessmen don't take their customers for granted either. That's another reason.

Anything else?

P24W8D6L10

And if Shearer managed that in his first games? Go get your crystal ball and tell me it would never happen.

Not sure what you mean. It's marginally better than Roeder's last 24 and even worse than Souness (P24W10D4L10).

I don't see why it wouldn't/shouldn't get Shearer the sack either.

Edited by Happy Face

Anyway, the word is, ashley wants attacking football. Fair enough, it's just nice to know that despite the club pronouncements and declarations of faith, transfer activity etc etc, that at any minute Ashley can wield the axe, irrespective of the timing. Also nice to see it took him this long to realise we weren't playing attacking football, and he goes to the games!. The job must look more attractive by the minute.

I want the truth Goddammit!

The truth as I see it is that Allardyce has proven, albeit in a short period of time, that he has failed to show he can bring a glimmer of hope to the club even after bringing in 9 new players and a large back-room staff to implement his scientific ideas, doctrines, and methods.

Any new owner of a result oriented business would and should expect to see some movement towards improvement being initiated by a new experienced manager that was already in place, and that has not been forthcoming. In reality the opposite of expectations surfaced and the club began a backwards spiral which wouldn't be acceptable to a forward looking owner.

It may have come as a surprise to Allardyce but I'm sure it was not a snap decision based on the last result but that may have tipped the scales in view of the schedule facing us. I have to believe that Ashley and Mort felt a change must be made in order to effect an upswing in fortunes and it showed no sense to delay it until we were in a deeper hole.

I have to think they know what they are doing, it may be a mistake on their part but we'll just have to wait and see what the immediate future brings, and hopefully it will be a better manager.