Rozehnal lauds Keegan affect

Jimbo

David Rozehnal is 'convinced' Kevin Keegan's 'natural authority' will ensure Newcastle United climb the Premier League table.

The Magpies' poor start to the season led to the departure of Sam Allardyce, with Keegan sensationally returning as manager earlier this month.

Newcastle currently sit 12th in the table and have picked up just two league wins in their previous 14 fixtures.

But Rozehnal, who was brought to St James' Park by Allardyce last summer, is positive Keegan will turn the club's fortunes around.

"He has natural authority; that is why he is a legend of English and world football," Rozehnal told Pravo.

"To us players he is more like a friend, like one of us.

"For example, the preparation for the Bolton game was completely different to what it was under Sam Allardyce.

"Keegan was sitting amongst us, spoke to each of us and told each player what he wanted from him to play in the game, cheered him and motivated as if he was an older team-mate.

"This is exactly what we needed in this period of time. I am convinced that under him we will go up."

Midfield dream

Rozehnal also explained that he realised a dream last Saturday when he played in midfield against Bolton Wanderers.

"After nearly a year I played in centre midfield. It was also one of my dreams, to play in this position, and this dream has come true," he concluded.

Funny that David, where you consider it a dream playing in midfield, in reality it was a fucking nightmare.

A bit harsh mate, considering it's his first performance at CM (arguably the most challenging position to play) in the most physical league in the world. Of course he was no Didi Hamann, but I thought he didn't have the worst of games and although gave the ball a way a fair bit (who hasn't at CM for us this season) he found a few decent passes in the game and cleaned up a little bit in front of the back four.

Funny that David, where you consider it a dream playing in midfield, in reality it was a fucking nightmare.

A bit harsh mate, considering it's his first performance at CM (arguably the most challenging position to play) in the most physical league in the world. Of course he was no Didi Hamann, but I thought he didn't have the worst of games and although gave the ball a way a fair bit(who hasn't at CM for us this season) he found a few decent passes in the game and cleaned up a little bit in front of the back four.

Bit of an understatement really, didn't see him complete one pass tbh

A bit harsh mate, considering it's his first performance at CM (arguably the most challenging position to play) in the most physical league in the world. Of course he was no Didi Hamann, but I thought he didn't have the worst of games and although gave the ball a way a fair bit(who hasn't at CM for us this season) he found a few decent passes in the game and cleaned up a little bit in front of the back four.

The one with the outside of his foot was lovely, don't know how you missed it...did you watch the game Sima?

The one with the outside of his foot was lovely, don't know how you missed it...did you watch the game Sima?

Being there I would hope so.

That the one that went to Duff on the left? Automatically put it down to a miskick tbh, what with him being unable to make a simple 5 yard pass.

Being there I would hope so.

That the one that went to Duff on the left? Automatically put it down to a miskick tbh, what with him being unable to make a simple 5 yard pass.

Think he means the one to Owen, pity Owen mis-controlled it or he'd have probably scored.

He was shocking as usual. I'm not sure why he still has apologists, it should be clear to all and sundry that he is awful whether at CB, RB, and now CM. Deadwood that Allardyce has burdened us with and now must be cleared along with Barton and Smith.

He was shocking as usual. I'm not sure why he still has apologists, it should be clear to all and sundry that he is awful whether at CB, RB, and now CM. Deadwood that Allardyce has burdened us with and now must be cleared along with Barton and Smith.

Its a sad state of affairs when a CB as not won a 50-50 challenge in 6 months. Still, if he learned to tackle then he might be a decent player.

I was watching him in midfield, and didn't seem to have what it takes to play there. He was very unaware of what was going on around him when he had the ball. Never turning around and looking for another option, he always looked to play it immediately to the nearest player. Never turning on the ball and checking his options to spread the play.

His ball to Owen was lovely though. A great spot.

His bottling of 50-50's and weakness in the air is a bit ridiculous, but maybe he just needs time to adjust to the physicality of English football. He likes to get forward from centre back though, which I'm sure Keegan will have liked.

Looked canny when he first arrived but like the rest of the team went downhill as the season progressed. IMO not a CM but needs a fresh start under Keegan at CB before I write him off. I think a number of players need some time under Keegan to play the sort of stuff we have seen them play (Duff is a great example). If they can't do it under new, more attack-minded direction then we bin them off.

In the case of Barton however, we get him playing well (he showed at City he was capable) then flog him at the first opportunity. We should sell him too ;)