The Official Toontastic © Transfer Dealine Day Thread ™

Tom

Christ almighty, people need to be patient, when he was appointed most agreed that it would be hard for him to get any players of significant note in the January transfer window, now all of a sudden we're a joke again for not buying for the sake of buying. Would you rather buy players now who we don't really want? Or wait until the summer and get the players we are really after to push us on? I tell you what I hate the modern day football fan, tell you what go fuck off and support someone else if you're not happy, then that way at least we don't have to put up with your constant moaning all of the time.

What did you make of the Giles Barnes offer?

I don't know Parky as I'm not speculating on figures like everybody else.

Oh. :razz:

Has there actually been official combination that it was £1.5 million, or is this just a figure from the press? I'm being honest here as I've just been glossing over most of the posts in the past few days.

Well Jewell said the offer was derisory or something and yes he was quoted by the BBC.

Are you a fucking Law Lord or summat?..Will you be needing posts in triplicate before you deign to comment and will the EU special affairs committee have to be informed of your relpy?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ almighty, people need to be patient, when he was appointed most agreed that it would be hard for him to get any players of significant note in the January transfer window, now all of a sudden we're a joke again for not buying for the sake of buying. Would you rather buy players now who we don't really want? Or wait until the summer and get the players we are really after to push us on? I tell you what I hate the modern day football fan, tell you what go fuck off and support someone else if you're not happy, then that way at least we don't have to put up with your constant moaning all of the time.

Oh. B)

Has there actually been official combination that it was £1.5 million, or is this just a figure from the press? I'm being honest here as I've just been glossing over most of the posts in the past few days.

Well Jewell said the offer was derisory or something and yes he was quoted by the BBC.

Are you a fucking Law Lord or summat?..Will you be needing posts in triplicate before you deign to comment and will the EU special affairs committee have to be informed of your relpy?

You big flounce. :razz:

Oh. B)

You big flounce. :razz:

:brrr:

Alves joined smogs

He'll score a few goals.

Sunday :razz:

maybe not...

Dutch top flight outfit AZ 67 Alkmaar are to file a protest with FIFA over the contract which Brazilian Alfonso Alves has signed with English Premiership side Middlesbrough, insisting they have a claim on the player.

Saw Southgate on SSN saying he won't likely have a visa in time for sundays game, whether or not they have any other issues, so it looks like we won't be his debut game, which considering the toon's record with these things is good!

From the beeb:

Keegan said Newcastle fans should not be worried about the club's lack of activity in the January transfer window.

The club failed to bring in a single new player during the window.

"Don't be fooled by this transfer window - the funds are definitely there for us," Keegan said.

"That was my choice not to bring anyone in. We could have brought in four or five players and spent some money.

"But I didn't want to do that for the sake of it. In the summer we'll bring whatever we feel is needed for the next jump.

"That next jump is to be fighting for a European place. Mike Ashley will support me, no doubt about that. He loves this club and is excited and enthusiastic as I am."