The Official Toontastic © Transfer Dealine Day Thread ™

Tom

Theres players out there and money talks.

Look at your list properly. Carrick? Bridge? Garay? Richards? Sissoko? Elmander? Van Der Vaart? Deco? SWP? Berbatov? Modric? Realistic?

Of the rest, some chose other clubs over us, others are players people would be horrified if we signed.

It wouldn't be if whoever from the club said there wasn't £90/£100 mill etc available, theres players out there if the price is right and look where we are in the league with the coming fixtures, talk of KK being out the game for 3 years, well surely Terry Mac and Pearson etc etc would've told him the score?, even Ashley has stood and watched it, thats why I'm beginning to wonder if Ashley does not trust his money in anybody elses hands.

Ashley is worth £1.9billion in assets. He has recently shelled out £200m quid. That doesn't mean he has another £50m lying in a Northern Rock account ready to be spent, does it?

He's not all cracked up to be what everybody thinks then

Edited by @yourservice

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at your list properly. Carrick? Bridge? Garay? Richards? Sissoko? Elmander? Van Der Vaart? Deco? SWP? Berbatov? Modric? Realistic?

Of the rest, some chose other clubs over us, others are players people would be horrified if we signed.

It wouldn't be if whoever from the club said there wasn't £90/£100 mill etc available, theres players out there if the price is right and look where we are in the league with the coming fixtures, talk of KK being out the game for 3 years, well surely Terry Mac and Pearson etc etc would've told him the score?, even Ashley has stood and watched it, thats why I'm beginning to wonder if Ashley does not trust his money in anybody elses hands.

Ashley is worth £1.9billion in assets. He has recently shelled out £200m quid. That doesn't mean he has another £50m lying in a Northern Rock account ready to be spent, does it?

He's not all cracked up to be what everbody thinks then

I still think we will be spending £50m this summer, but that will be money we'll have earned. I'm just not sure Ashley has a piggy bank with much left in it at the moment.

Exactly, and as well as that, why pay over-the-odds for players just for the sake of it? Panic buying just adds to players we'd probably have to get rid of when Kev decides to get his own players in and to get players like that in you're likely to have to pay silly wgaes too. :razz:

You have to pay over the odds for good players.

He's not all cracked up to be what everybody thinks then

You can see they want the club to operate as a proper business ie no more adventures in the transfer market. They will buy youth and spend moderately on decent/goodish players. Hope I'm wrong. I mean look at this fiasco with Dennis taxi wallah Wise...Does that suggest they have any kind of clue? They are just circling the chariots and bringing in people their mates have recommended.

Edited by Park Life

Guest Patrokles

Exactly, and as well as that, why pay over-the-odds for players just for the sake of it? Panic buying just adds to players we'd probably have to get rid of when Kev decides to get his own players in and to get players like that in you're likely to have to pay silly wgaes too. :razz:

Those mentioned are better than just good. They wouldn't come here. Simple as.

Those mentioned are better than just good. They wouldn't come here. Simple as.

This seems to be a repetitive theme on these here boards. So how will we EVER AGAIN buy a quality player patsy?

I still think we will be spending £50m this summer, but that will be money we'll have earned. I'm just not sure Ashley has a piggy bank with much left in it at the moment.

Not totally sure anymore about figures like that if I was honest.

I was working on getting £32m for finishing 5th bottom + the rest from season ticket sales. I don't know about taxes, but we will also be getting money in from match day receipts, merchandise and player sales to cover wages etc.

If Ashley & Co want this club to go anywhere I reckon £50m is a must. And I would think KK would think the same!

I was working on getting £32m for finishing 5th bottom + the rest from season ticket sales. I don't know about taxes, but we will also be getting money in from match day receipts, merchandise and player sales to cover wages etc.

If Ashley & Co want this club to go anywhere I reckon £50m is a must. And I would think KK would think the same!

Well of course you're right.

Anyone know what happened to all that extra telly money last summer? Above the normal telly money that is.

Well of course you're right.

Anyone know what happened to all that extra telly money last summer? Above the normal telly money that is.

Went towards paying off the debt :razz:

2057: "I'm just driving past Ibrox and Nicklas Bendtner is going in! Good signing."

John, via text

2053: "Darren Fletcher is in Birmingham lining up a loan move from Man Utd."

2040: "My sources inside Old Trafford say Dimitar Berbatov is inside having a medical for a £32.5m bid accepted."

2031: "Young Barca striker Bojan has been seen around the Emirates Stadium - what a signing this would be for the - Gunners."

Phillip in north London, via text

:razz: People like to talk shit B)

Portsmouth and Spuds agree a fee for Jermain Defoe

opening the door for benjani's move to man city?

'Arry must be off his rocker. Throwing away one of the form players of the season and a fans' favorite for another over-rated over-priced England international waster.

Senile tbh.

Newcastle Miss Out On Kalouda

Newcastle look to have lost out in their bid to bring Czech youngster Lubos Kalouda to St. James Park on deadline day.

The Tyneside club had started talks with FC Brno earlier in the week in an attempt to snatch the player away from Juventus who were poised to seal a move for him.

Brno's major shareholder Roman Pros has however revealed that the deal with Newcastle has come to nothing.

"We were unable to realise the whole transfer in such a short time" Pros told CTK.

"Both in the business point of view, the medical and the agreement of agents it was not possible with the transfer window closing at midnight.

"Neither of the clubs was able to meet our requirements, that is why Lubos remains in Brno.

"We did not want to make any rash steps. By that, everything returns to the beginning.

"Lubos will miss nothing, during the spring he will be certainly scouted not only by Juventus and Newcastle.

"It is good that he can now focus only on football."

Mathew Burt

Another one bites the mofo dust :razz:

Edited by @yourservice

'Arry must be off his rocker. Throwing away one of the form players of the season and a fans' favorite for another over-rated over-priced England international waster.

Senile tbh.

No.

Benjani is nearly 30 and the fee being banded around is £8mil. So if they can get £8mil for Benjani who doesn't offer a lot other than running and then buy Jermain Defoe for £7mil then that is fantastic business. Defoe isn't the best striker in the world but he is a decent Premier League striker.

And he isn't an England international.

Craaaaaaaaaaaig David is on Sky basically saying fuck all is going to happen, but teasing us with 'I have a name but I've been asked not to say it - watch this space.' It's classic Anal Oliver. Personally, I think that's it.

Senile tbh.

No.

Benjani is nearly 30 and the fee being banded around is £8mil. So if they can get £8mil for Benjani who doesn't offer a lot other than running and then buy Jermain Defoe for £7mil then that is fantastic business. Defoe isn't the best striker in the world but he is a decent Premier League striker.

And he isn't an England international.

The fee is £6mil for Benjani, who (need I remind you) is third top scorer in the Premier League with two hat-tricks as opposed to Defoe who's managed 3 Premier League goals and contends with Darren Bent for third place at Spurs.

You're also wrong about the England international bit. This is bad business and although Benjani isn't world class he's better than Defoe.