Pompey

snakehips

WTF is going on. They are reviewing the transfer and seeing if Benjani can go after the January transfer window. Thats bollocks whats the point in having it if they are going back on their rules because Sven is lazy :razz: . Same thing happened with Mascerano and Liverpool! Really boils my piss that does.

They extended the window last year especially for ashley cole. Its bullshit man.

And while we are on. Why werent we interested in Defoe, seeing as we cant seem to even have a shot on goal in games these days.

Who says we weren't?

Guest Patrokles
They extended the window last year especially for ashley cole. Its bullshit man.

And while we are on. Why werent we interested in Defoe, seeing as we cant seem to even have a shot on goal in games these days.

Who says we weren't?

And, I say it again, who says that it's the fault of the strikers? If we don't create chances, how can they be blamed?

Did we really need another small striker. I would have been all for it meself, had we let one of either Martins or Owen go. And anyway, we lack creativity and Defoe wouldn't have fixed that up...

WTF is going on. They are reviewing the transfer and seeing if Benjani can go after the January transfer window. Thats bollocks whats the point in having it if they are going back on their rules because Sven is lazy :razz: . Same thing happened with Mascerano and Liverpool! Really boils my piss that does.

Deals can proceed if they were basically completed in the window but for a technicality. I believe it was a cancelled plane in this case.

Portsmouth have admitted that Jermain Defoe's move to the South Coast from Tottenham is only a loan deal, but they are confident a permanent arrangement will be finalised next week.

Defoe made an immediate impression at his new club on Saturday, when his debut goal earned Portsmouth an impressive point against Chelsea.

Portsmouth's faithful saluted a new favourite at the game's conclusion, but revelations in a Sunday newspaper claimed they had yet to conclude a permanent transfer for the 25-year-old.

A club spokesman has now come out to clear up the situation, explaining that an initial loan arrangement was struck due to time constraints.

"The Defoe transfer was done as an initial loan because of time restraint.

"The full documents will be signed and registered this week and this is a standard method when you have little time."

Defoe's move to Portsmouth was always dependent on Benjani Mwaruwari being sold to Manchester City, a move that is still in doubt, after his switch to Eastlands ran out of time before Thursday night's transfer deadline.

Benjani currently finds himself in limbo, staying in a Manchester hotel, but Portsmouth are confident his move will be ratified just as soon as the Premier League complete their investigation over why forms from City to register the Zimbabwean did not arrive in time.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp said: "I honestly could not tell you the exact details but (at five minutes to midnight on Thursday) the two deals were dependent on each other with us getting £9million for Benjani and spending it on Defoe.

"I feel for Benjani because at the moment he seems to be the big loser in all this, but hopefully it will all be sorted out on Monday and I think he will end up as a Manchester City player.

"If not, from a greedy football manager's point of view, I'd be delighted to get Benjani back. I didn't want to lose him in the first place but, of course, I had to because it is good business to sell a 29-year-old and get in a lad of 25 who is always going to get you goals.

"The owner has spent a lot of money here already. He's been fantastic for me and it wouldn't be fair on him if he has to spend more now (with nothing coming back)."

Portsmouth have admitted that Jermain Defoe's move to the South Coast from Tottenham is only a loan deal, but they are confident a permanent arrangement will be finalised next week.

Defoe made an immediate impression at his new club on Saturday, when his debut goal earned Portsmouth an impressive point against Chelsea.

Portsmouth's faithful saluted a new favourite at the game's conclusion, but revelations in a Sunday newspaper claimed they had yet to conclude a permanent transfer for the 25-year-old.

A club spokesman has now come out to clear up the situation, explaining that an initial loan arrangement was struck due to time constraints.

"The Defoe transfer was done as an initial loan because of time restraint.

"The full documents will be signed and registered this week and this is a standard method when you have little time."

Defoe's move to Portsmouth was always dependent on Benjani Mwaruwari being sold to Manchester City, a move that is still in doubt, after his switch to Eastlands ran out of time before Thursday night's transfer deadline.

Benjani currently finds himself in limbo, staying in a Manchester hotel, but Portsmouth are confident his move will be ratified just as soon as the Premier League complete their investigation over why forms from City to register the Zimbabwean did not arrive in time.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp said: "I honestly could not tell you the exact details but (at five minutes to midnight on Thursday) the two deals were dependent on each other with us getting £9million for Benjani and spending it on Defoe.

"I feel for Benjani because at the moment he seems to be the big loser in all this, but hopefully it will all be sorted out on Monday and I think he will end up as a Manchester City player.

"If not, from a greedy football manager's point of view, I'd be delighted to get Benjani back. I didn't want to lose him in the first place but, of course, I had to because it is good business to sell a 29-year-old and get in a lad of 25 who is always going to get you goals.

"The owner has spent a lot of money here already. He's been fantastic for me and it wouldn't be fair on him if he has to spend more now (with nothing coming back)."

This smells a little iffy. I started this thread because Pompey appeared to be shitting themselves that the Benjani deal wouldn't go through, thus trashing Pompey's finances. This latest story about only an initial loan deal appears to be a little fishy iyam.

Sky Sports News understands Benjani has completed his move to Manchester City from Portsmouth.

The Zimbabwe striker has been left in limbo after a switch to the City of Manchester Stadium failed to go through on transfer deadline day.

Portsmouth had agreed to sell their top scorer to City after sealing a deal to bring in Jermain Defoe from Tottenham Hotspur.

However, Benjani's move did not appear to be concluded before the closure of the transfer window, prompting an investigation from the Premier League.

Officials have been looking into the paperwork and it now seems the green light has been given for the deal to be ratified.

City boss Sven Goran Eriksson admitted on Monday that he expected the issue to be resolved by Tuesday at the latest.

Sources now suggest City have tied up the loose ends which prevented Benjani from securing his move last week.

Sky Sports News understands Benjani has completed his move to Manchester City from Portsmouth.

The Zimbabwe striker has been left in limbo after a switch to the City of Manchester Stadium failed to go through on transfer deadline day.

Portsmouth had agreed to sell their top scorer to City after sealing a deal to bring in Jermain Defoe from Tottenham Hotspur.

However, Benjani's move did not appear to be concluded before the closure of the transfer window, prompting an investigation from the Premier League.

Officials have been looking into the paperwork and it now seems the green light has been given for the deal to be ratified.

City boss Sven Goran Eriksson admitted on Monday that he expected the issue to be resolved by Tuesday at the latest.

Sources now suggest City have tied up the loose ends which prevented Benjani from securing his move last week.

And Pompey breathe a HUGE sigh of relief. Shame.