Passing

Grimbo

Our biggest problem is our inability to pass the ball!

Be they simple, 5 yard balls or 50 yard passes, we just can't do it!

If I was coaching them, I'd get them in every day next week passing the f*cking ball to each other OVER AND OVER AGAIN like school kids.

Butt and Barton were the worst culprits today like. The amount of times, Barton in particular, gave away possession in relatively little pressure was disgusting. Butt made a shocker to Milner in the first half as well; it was just when we had that really good period of short passing and then Butt tried to play it square to the wing for Milner and totally squandered the opportunity. Not sure if Emre would have improved that like if we're talking subs

Its true, whilst our defence get slated from all sources (and sometimes rightly!) most of our problems come because we cannot keep possession and put ourselves under pressure and because we give the balla way in stupid positions and at the woerts times possible.

In the first half there were a few times when if the likes of Barton or Butt had played a good ball we were in with a chance of a goal instead we end up at the other end defending against a break.

I think central midfield is our biggest problem like. It's where so many games are won and lost. It's been a problem for a while now too.

Probably since about 2003 at the very least.

I think central midfield is our biggest problem like. It's where so many games are won and lost. It's been a problem for a while now too.

To be honest i think i'd just stick Faye and N'Zogbia in there. The rets of them have been shite for the vast majority of the season, but Faye looks like he can play the defensive mid role and pass a football reasonably and Zog is capable of attacking/creating which you can't say for most of what's been playing there. And if people say Zog isn't a natural central player or doesn't belong there do they really think he'll be worse than Barton et al?

Probably since about 2003 at the very least.

Yup.

We have no centrocampista, no fulcrum....only crumbs. <_<

You know when you're sat in the pub right, and you're just watching a random game of footy. One team's playing a bit shit, and the other team is playing cracking. It's obvious after ten minutes who are the superior team and you are quite happy watching the superior team dismantling the lesser team.

Why are we ALWAYS the lesser team?

We had one great build up somewhere in the first half where our players looked semi-comfortable with the ball, which to be honest completely surprised me, although it ended up with an unsuccessful cross it did make me think that there is hope for this team somewhere down the line if we can only teach our midfielders to be comfortable while on the ball and develop the ability to construct a patient build up.

To be honest i think i'd just stick Faye and N'Zogbia in there. The rets of them have been shite for the vast majority of the season, but Faye looks like he can play the defensive mid role and pass a football reasonably and Zog is capable of attacking/creating which you can't say for most of what's been playing there. And if people say Zog isn't a natural central player or doesn't belong there do they really think he'll be worse than Barton et al?

I quite like that idea. We wouldn't get over-run like recent weeks for sure.

I DO LIKE THE SOUND OF ZOG IN THE MIDDLE WITH FAYE BUT DIVNT YOU THINK ZOG WILL BE A LITTLE LIGHT WEIGHT IN THERE? NOT GOING TO WIN MANY HEADERS AND BREAK MUCH UP.... FAYE CANT DO IT ALL.

BUT HEY NOWT A MATTER WITH GIVING IT A SHOT CANT BE AS BAD BARTON AND BUTT

I DO LIKE THE SOUND OF ZOG IN THE MIDDLE WITH FAYE BUT DIVNT YOU THINK ZOG WILL BE A LITTLE LIGHT WEIGHT IN THERE? NOT GOING TO WIN MANY HEADERS AND BREAK MUCH UP.... FAYE CANT DO IT ALL.

easy with the caps mate, contrary to popular belief it makes it harder - not easier to read.

Zog and Faye in the centre would be my choice as well with Duff looking slightly like the player of old. Physically this is by far our strongest option in midfield, and their defensive and attacking attributes would compliment each other well. The middle of the park is somewhere we have been needing to address for years and is part of the reason the defense is always under the kosh, this and Given's kicks.

I'd love KK to be bold and just ditch Barton and Butt because they havnt performed recently. Go for something new, try Zog and Faye!

easy with the caps mate, contrary to popular belief it makes it harder - not easier to read.

Zog and Faye in the centre would be my choice as well with Duff looking slightly like the player of old. Physically this is by far our strongest option in midfield, and their defensive and attacking attributes would compliment each other well. The middle of the park is somewhere we have been needing to address for years and is part of the reason the defense is always under the kosh, this and Given's kicks.

I'd love KK to be bold and just ditch Barton and Butt because they havnt performed recently. Go for something new, try Zog and Faye!

i sorry about the CAPS mate

like i was saying its worth giving it a go.... it might just give a few player a good kick up the arse getting dropped for one or two games . after watching the villa game on saturday i cant get over how bad the same team became after a half decent 1st half....... people in the ,y local sat there laughin at how bad we played in the 2nd half