Steven Taylor

Chriscos

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor has Tony Adams as a personal coach/mentor, so the needs a good partner argument is not too convincing.

He does? I thought his link was severed when he left Wycombe when he finished his loan?

Edited by Sima

Taylor has Tony Adams as a personal coach/mentor, so the needs a good partner argument is not too convincing.

He does? I thought his link was severed when he left Wycombe when he finished his loan?

No, Tony flies up once a week from Pompey to help coach one of our players. FFS.

Is Curbishley hopeless or average?

average when put against West Ham

Hopeless when put against Newcastle

So hopeless he's above us in the table, so hopeless he's recruited better players than us in the last 4 years.

No, Tony flies up once a week from Pompey to help coach one of our players. FFS.

<_<

he's a young lad in a position that gets alot of scruitiny cos of how important a good centre back is . cant be england under 21 captain cos of luck , he's one of the best of his age group .

playing in our back 4 these past few seasons cant have been helpfull either .

Exactly mate, hes probably the one fucking decent player we have at the club and people are slating him.

Pick me a better CB aged 21 and under in the premiership? There isnt one. Nuff siad tbh

Micah Richards.

<_<

The same Richards that just held City to ransom over a £75kpw contract? Ive watched him a few times this season and hes far from infallible. Hes made plenty of mistakes, hence Upson and Brown being chosen ahead of him for the full england team

he's a young lad in a position that gets alot of scruitiny cos of how important a good centre back is . cant be england under 21 captain cos of luck , he's one of the best of his age group .

Exactly mate, hes probably the one fucking decent player we have at the club and people are slating him.

Pick me a better CB aged 21 and under in the premiership? There isnt one. Nuff siad tbh

Micah Richards.

:lol:

The same Richards that just held City to ransom over a £75kpw contract? Ive watched him a few times this season and hes far from infallible. Hes made plenty of mistakes, hence Upson and Brown being chosen ahead of him for the full england team

The same Richards who is under 21, playing in the Premiership and is a CB better than Taylor. You asked me to name one, so I did.

Micah Richards.

Well of course they are going to be chosen ahead of him if he's injured.

Except he isnt a better CB than Taylor. Hes on a par. Just cos Hansen licks his balls om MOTD. Any Man city fan will tell you hes far from perfect.

And while we are on the subject, since when did Faye become this world beater? Ive seen him have 2 or 3 decent games at CB. Much like Cacapa and Rozenhal both did at the start of the season.

Chelsea deemed Ben Haim the better player and weve seen what happened to him. I give him a run of 5 games at CB before hes found out as the clogger he really is.

Except he isnt a better CB than Taylor. Hes on a par. Just cos Hansen licks his balls om MOTD. Any Man city fan will tell you hes far from perfect.

And while we are on the subject, since when did Faye become this world beater? Ive seen him have 2 or 3 decent games at CB. Much like Cacapa and Rozenhal both did at the start of the season.

Chelsea deemed Ben Haim the better player and weve seen what happened to him. I give him a run of 5 games at CB before hes found out as the clogger he really is.

Yet you've seen Taylor for 100 games now and you think he's not a clogger. :lol:

Richards is better imo. At CB and RB. No doubt about that in my mind. More potential too since he is quicker than more powerful imo. Not saying he doesn't drop clangers but his pace gets him out of trouble and he's got less first team experience than Taylor too. He does benefit from having Dunne alongside him though. But put it this way, Richards would command a far bigger transfer fee and would attract far more interest from the 'big four' and probably from abroad too. He's already broken into the England team and looked the part too. As for Faye, he may not be a 'world beater' but he's big, strong, fast and can mark and is good in the air. He looks our best CB to me. He's also a different type of CB to Rozenhal and Cacapa who are more sweepers.

Micah Richards.

The same Richards who is under 21, playing in the Premiership and is a CB better than Taylor. You asked me to name one, so I did.

name another one then

Micah Richards.

name another one then

Not sure there is another one. Name a couple of decent ones apart from the two in question though. My response was more flippant before btw. The lack of better CB of the same age doesn't suddenly make Taylor class though. Neither does captaining the U21s. It's a great honour for him no doubt, but have you seen the last squad? Fuck me, it's absolutely shit.

He's a decent centre back and he probably wont improve loads unless he gets a good centre back alongside him he does have tenancies to do some pretty bizarre stuff but generally is quite dependable. Out of him and Richards it is without doubt Richards that is the better player, he's quicker, stronger, more composed, better tackler, better athlete just all round a better player.

Micah Richards.

name another one then

Not sure there is another one. Name a couple of decent ones apart from the two in question though. My response was more flippant before btw. The lack of better CB of the same age doesn't suddenly make Taylor class though. Neither does captaining the U21s. It's a great honour for him no doubt, but have you seen the last squad? Fuck me, it's absolutely shit.

ah knaa Alex man

:D