I wrote on Greg's that remember it is direct competition between you two. :(

Cheers mate!

Donated for yous both today chaps. :rolleyes:

Cheers dude!

I wrote on Greg's that remember it is direct competition between you two. :(

Bring it on.....

Oh shit.....

• 1 month later...

My aunt yesterday lost her long (and second) battle against Bowel Cancer :)

After some pretty feeble attempts at training and me reaching my all time heaviest weight, I need to get my finger out and do her proud come the Great North Run.

My aunt yesterday lost her long (and second) battle against Bowel Cancer :)

After some pretty feeble attempts at training and me reaching my all time heaviest weight, I need to get my finger out and do her proud come the Great North Run.

Sorry to hear that. :crylaughin:

Hope it will spur you on though.

Guest alex
My aunt yesterday lost her long (and second) battle against Bowel Cancer :lol:

My condolences mate. All the best with the training.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No worries mate, no point in risking doing yourself some permanent damage. Besides, I'm planning on doing it next year (the run, that is, not permanent damage to my knee), so we can mince around the course together in gay abandon. :nufc:

With my knee giving me so much trouble again (though the extra weight on it prob does not help) I have been advised to defer my entry for a year :rolleyes: Apologies to everyone who donated...

No worries fella. Hope it gets better soon. :nufc:

With my knee giving me so much trouble again (though the extra weight on it prob does not help) I have been advised to defer my entry for a year ;) Apologies to everyone who donated...

Sorry to hear about your knee mate, I knew it was troubling you a bit but hadn't realised it was so bad.

While I'm in here I may as well give a little update to the rest of you given that a fair few have sponsored me, I'll be perfectly honest, I have not done as much training as I should have or had planned to do by this stage but I've been putting in the miles over the last 5 weeks and have at least built up some fitness, I ran 8.2 miles in 1 hr 16 minutes this evening before watching our match, I'm pretty pleased with that to be honest, still need to find another 5miles, I'm planning on doing a 10 mile run at the weekend and then just a few short runs in the week leading up to it.

Thanks once again to all who have made a donation, if you have not done so and would like to please visit www.gregtomlinson.co.uk or www.justgiving.com/gregtomlinson